Author Topic: Brennan admits Obama allows targeted assassination of Americans  (Read 15651 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Brennan admits Obama allows targeted assassination of Americans
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »
Ahh I see.  So I take it that when they have finished declaring that the Republican party along with all of my other extremist right wing buddies are terrorists...

Hmm kind of like the document they issued last year with the start of the Tea Party movement, and they begin to assassinate you then you still have no problem with it then?

They already use charges of racism which are demonstrably untrue so WTF makes you so naive as to believe the COTUS would stop them?

Actually I'm more worried about hyperventilating wild-eyed jackholes who imagine themselves to be God's gift to liberty and go around denouncing other people for not being of the truer faith.

I understand.  Your still a moron.
I think you meant "you're" as in the contraction of "you are a moron."

The ends justify the means is what you say, until your the one being taken out in the end. 
So you're declaring George Washington and the Federalist papers to be un-American.

Got it.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 5412

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 07:22:05 PM »
One thing is for certain, your name fits who you are.  Glad to know that you agree to the murder of American citizens.  If this is what a Republican is I will treat you just as the Democrats from this day forward.  Your friggin brainwashed.  I find it astonishing that you mock the need for a warrant.  Perhaps you prefer the idea of someone kicking down your door and dragging you out into the street.  

This country has absolutely no sense of itself anymore.  Has it come to this?  Have republicans just become a punch line where your the butt end of the joke as they strip away your Liberty?  

Wtf is wrong with you?

Hi,

I have no problem targeting american citizens providing there are some reasonable checks and balances.  What concerns me is the fact there appears to be none so how long before an out of control government can target the voice of dissent or their political enemies like Chavez did in Venezuela?

I guess innocent until proven guilty is only in the minds of the politicians. 

regards,

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 07:23:04 PM »
It is extremely rare, if not unprecedented, for an American to be approved for targeted killing, officials said. A former senior legal official in the administration of George W. Bush said he did not know of any American who was approved for targeted killing under the former president.

But the director of national intelligence, Dennis C. Blair, told a House hearing in February that such a step was possible. “We take direct actions against terrorists in the intelligence community,” he said. “If we think that direct action will involve killing an American, we get specific permission to do that.” He did not name Mr. Awlaki as a target.

Both the C.I.A. and the military maintain lists of terrorists linked to Al Qaeda and its affiliates who are approved for capture or killing, former officials said. But because Mr. Awlaki is an American, his inclusion on those lists had to be approved by the National Security Council, the officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/world/middleeast/07yemen.html

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 07:23:21 PM »
Ahh I see.  So I take it that when they have finished declaring that the Republican party along with all of my other extremist right wing buddies are terrorists... Hmm kind of like the document they issued last year with the start of the Tea Party movement, and they begin to assassinate you then you still have no problem with it then?

I understand.  Your still a moron.

The ends justify the means is what you say, until your the one being taken out in the end.  

It seems to me that Javelin needs to re-take 3rd grade English. Your= possessive; You're= a contraction, meaning "you are".......... learn it, memorize it. There WILL be a test.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Javelin

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 07:26:19 PM »
Dude,take a deep breath and step away from the coffee.
I suspect that this has been SOP for decades and as military folks have pointed out that seems to be the case.
It seems that you are the one extrapolating it into a conclusion you somehow will be declared an enemy of the state and summarily "assassinated".

Tell me again now who is on an ego trip?

Fwiw you posted a thread,there was discussion and a segment was in disagreement with your conclusions or assertions.
What was your response?

To blow back in with wild histrionics accusing all that dared take a different opinion to yours virtually un-American.
That will get you no where and as always you look like a mental case,ranting idiot.

Take some friendly advice and :) and tone it down a notch or two before you call a member here that has proudly served this country in the armed forces a moron again.

You are treading very thin ice with that.

Apparently we are all on thin ice are we not?  When they can broadly announce that they can assassinate an American ANYWHERE in the world that is defined as a terrorist especially when they refuse to call jihadist extremist or a terrorist a terrorist if they are in the middle east as so clearly demonstrated over the last year.

I am glad that you are so comfortable with giving them the power to define a terrorist by any means they wish just as they have our constitution.  Apparently none of you should then have an issue with bailouts, take over of the banks, the health care bill nor the financial reform bill.  For after all they hold all the keys to defining whatever they wish however they wish whenever they wish.  Or has not enough taken place for this to become apparent enough for you?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 07:26:36 PM »
Listen for the helicopters javelin......

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 07:27:50 PM »
Apparently we are all on thin ice are we not?  When they can broadly announce that they can assassinate an American ANYWHERE in the world that is defined as a terrorist especially when they refuse to call jihadist extremist or a terrorist a terrorist if they are in the middle east as so clearly demonstrated over the last year.

I am glad that you are so comfortable with giving them the power to define a terrorist by any means they wish just as they have our constitution.  Apparently none of you should then have an issue with bailouts, take over of the banks, the health care bill nor the financial reform bill.  For after all they hold all the keys to defining whatever they wish however they wish whenever they wish.  Or has not enough taken place for this to become apparent enough for you?

That is really not the case is it?   

Due diligence.  It's not just for intelligent debaters anymore.   Try it sometime. 

Offline Javelin

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 07:29:06 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/world/middleeast/07yemen.html

Misread your quote, my apologies.  Yet I will allow my statement to stand for the record of what was said.  Disregard what is below about Bush doing the same as is now taking place.  Point moot.  Yet my main topic point I will not recant nor retreat from.  Goodnight.

Ahhh so Bush did it so its ok right?  Oh wait didnt he also introduce Homeland Security and the Patriot Act.  Oh yeah and the whole border issue that is a war zone even back then.  

Absolutely amazing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:36:05 PM by Javelin »

Offline Javelin

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 07:30:37 PM »
That is really not the case is it?   

Due diligence.  It's not just for intelligent debaters anymore.   Try it sometime. 

Perhaps you should take some of your own advice.  Sleep well.  With this I end my case.  Goodbye for now.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 07:31:35 PM »
Ahhh so Bush did it so its ok right?  Oh wait didnt he also introduce Homeland Security and the Patriot Act.  Oh yeah and the whole border issue that is a war zone even back then. 

Absolutely amazing.

Um, Bush did it? 

RIF.   

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 07:32:44 PM »
Perhaps you should take some of your own advice.  Sleep well.  With this I end my case.  Goodbye for now.

Super-top-secret-squirrel-mission taking you away?   

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 07:40:40 PM »
Super-top-secret-squirrel-mission taking you away?   

Damn...meds are kicking in,must sleep.

Offline Cool Breeze

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Currahee
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 08:50:43 PM »
Great so quit replying to my threads it would make this easier.  Perhaps you can explain to me how you justify that the administration can do this act of MURDER anywhere in the world including FAR AWAY from a COMBAT ZONE? 

Now I am not sure what ego trip you just stepped off of but I have presented nothing but facts and your chiming in with the crowd saying murder is good for the last time I checked we were allowed due process and to face our accusers.  Hmmm.  Im sorry I am just not buying the ranting fool bs.

Javelin

Sounds like Constitutional due process is up for interpretation...until the abuse of it concerns the person holding that misguided view.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

Offline lsmurphy

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 08:59:37 PM »
Wow!

So let's follow some logic here....

So Holder wants to guarantee that the 'enemy comabatents' receive their due process rights guaranteed under the Constitution.....ie...Gitmo....Civilian trials.....constitutional rights.....yada yada

BUT!!!!! and a big ole fat BUT!!!!!

You conservitives (loosely) want to argue that an executive order to assasinate a US citizen is justifiable !!WITHOUT!! due process???????

And you call yourselves conservitive?

You really need to be ashamed of yourselves.

You have NO respect for the rule of law.

You  guys are way in over your head.

Scott

Offline lsmurphy

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 09:04:55 PM »
Excuse my misspellings...I see no edit button here..

Scott

Offline Plague

• The Night Shiftâ„¢
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
Okay...

Who left the lid off the crazybait ?

'fess up !

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 09:10:45 PM »
Excuse my misspellings...I see no edit button here..

Scott

Use "modify"

On Edit:  Newbies must amass 50 posts before full board functions are available to you.  Further it is customary for a newcomer to introduce themselves in the "Welcomes and Introductions" forum......that said, welcome to CC

doc
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:18:11 PM by TVDOC »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »
Yet another genius from the left...when you post there is a "Spell Check" button you can click if you want to attempt to post correctly.
It is in plain view.

As to your point,the discussion is about two different things...a person that commits treason by aiding and siding with a sworn enemy and the assertion that such will someday be applied to civilian and domestic dissent.

I can make a bug eyed post claiming that O is going to round us all up and have us shot in the back of the head over a ditch because XYZ event can be stretched to that point.
It is no different then the crazy talk of the DUmp and far left regarding the same or suspended elections and so on.

To suggest it is hysterics does not mean one isn`t conservative enough as has been suggested,only that they hold a sane and rational viewpoint of things.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 09:15:25 PM »
Oh goody.

Francis can't handle the school yard so he summons the rest of the Glee Club.

Instead of tossing around dime-a-dozen ad homs how about you kiddies actually discuss matters of law.

Sounds like Constitutional due process is up for interpretation...until the abuse of it concerns the person holding that misguided view.

"Due process" does not apply in matters of war. That's what makes it a war: the normal legal strictures do not apply.

Wow!

So let's follow some logic here....

So Holder wants to guarantee that the 'enemy comabatents' receive their due process rights guaranteed under the Constitution.....ie...Gitmo....Civilian trials.....constitutional rights.....yada yada

BUT!!!!! and a big ole fat BUT!!!!!

You conservitives (loosely) want to argue that an executive order to assasinate a US citizen is justifiable !!WITHOUT!! due process???????

And you call yourselves conservitive?

You really need to be ashamed of yourselves.

You have NO respect for the rule of law.

You  guys are way in over your head.

Scott
Whatever Nancy.

You aren't even internally consistent. REAL conservatives, not you Ron Paul anus lickers (see how easy it is to apply and strip credentials), don't approve of Holder's actions because combatants are not subject to civil jurisprudence they are subject to the laws of war because their actions are acts of war. National origin matters not one iota because an act of war is an act of war and people who levy war against any nation are not granted the legal protections of the nation they seek to destroy. They gain a military response.

Get it? Or do I need to type slower?

One thing is for sure, in the end I will not be fighting on your side.
Yes, well...

...if you ever fight against me all I have to do is take sanctuary in a hostile foreign nation where I can bomb your cities with impunity and you can't touch me so...

:tongue:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 09:18:57 PM »
Good God,is it a full moon or something?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »
Good God,is it a full moon or something?

I'm guessing they were invited over.

Jackelyn: Hey guys! Come check out this crazy-assed rabbit that like wants to kill terrorists an' stuff! He's insane! Insane I tell ya!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2010, 09:24:20 PM »
I'm guessing they were invited over.

Jackelyn: Hey guys! Come check out this crazy-assed rabbit that like wants to kill terrorists an' stuff! He's insane! Insane I tell ya!

I would concur with that and the slinking away yet remaining active online for an hour would indicate the same.

Has anyone asked the intel guy his credentials as far as what all military personal recognize as service records?
Confirmable stuff such as dates and duty assignments.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »
Has anyone asked the intel guy his credentials as far as what all military personal recognize as service records?
He's insipid, thin-skinned, excitable and paranoid with delusions of grandeur.

I'd say his credentials are unimpeachable.

Offline Javelin

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2010, 09:29:29 PM »
I would concur with that and the slinking away yet remaining active online for an hour would indicate the same.

Oh what.. you want copies from my SRB?  Are you out of your damn mind?  Perhaps I should just send all my information to the local Russian collecting credit card numbers and socials to resell.  Yeah sure, let me hand over my private information to people that would prefer to hang me... hey you want my wife too?  Dont be such an ***.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:31:56 PM by Javelin »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2010, 09:32:29 PM »
Oh what.. you want copies from my SRB?  Are you out of your damn mind?  Perhaps I should just send all my information to the local Russian collecting credit card numbers and socials to resell.  Yeah sure, let me hand over my private information to people that would prefer to hand me... hey you want my wife too?  Dont be such a smuck.

End of discussion as even a civilian on these boards know that there are things that can be openly posted and confirmed without revealing private info.
Have seen it happen more then once with a poser called out...you are busted dude.