Author Topic: Trump Represent Those With a Vein of Anger  (Read 13921 times)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: Trump Represent Those With a Vein of Anger
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2015, 05:10:03 PM »
I don't where you dug up this crap from because it does not apply to me. I have said I would vote for Cruz, Rubio or Walker. I seriously doubt I would vote for any third party candidate unless dipshits like Bush, Christie, Paul or Huckabuck got the nomination.  Just because Trump supporters are overly enthusiastic about their candidate does not mean
that they would run the risk of handing Hitlery the election. Could be that millions of Trump supporters who have not voted in past elections have finally found a candidate that excited them. Plus, they are tired of voting for Rino losers like Mitt and McCain.

Calm down! I didn't dig up any crap! These are MY observations about the behavior of the majority of Trump's supporters I've personally talked with and observed in various forums and groups online and your anger at my comments proves my point. There was absolutely no malice in anything I said. Obviously, if you've said you'd be happy to support another candidate then my comments weren't directed at you so there's no need to be so sensitive.

However over enthusiastic is a bunch of millennials spending all night sleeping in front of the Apple store to get the next generation iPhone going on sale in the morning. Obsessive is taking everything so personally that you become irrational. And the ones most vocally defending Trump now, for the kind of "slight" nearly every other Republican on that stage experiences on a near weekly basis, is the same kind of behavior we observe every day with 0bama supporters and it's as rabid with Trump as when 0bama first became the idol du jour.

It should bother everyone that he's this thin skinned. Look at what Cruz and Lee have put up with for years. It's been a daily onslaught worse than anything Trump has had to deal with thus far. Or Walker, he's had everything thrown at him, he's been harassed like no one I've ever seen. Heck, in Walker's case, even his supporters had their houses invaded in the middle of the night by cops doing the bidding of democrat prosecutors. Not one of these guys has lowered himself to the level of name calling and bitching about how bad they were treated. And they've all had the same kind of questions asked of them and shit said about and to them because of this phony war on women. Trump's treatment is nothing new. ALL conservatives are going to receive unfair, elitist democrat talking points. What separates the wheat from the chafe is who rises above it and who wallows in the mud with them.

Perhaps millions of those who haven't voted in the past HAVE found a candidate that excites them. So did 0bama. My oldest son was one of them. He hasn't voted since. It's not necessarily because he's hugely disappointed (though he is) but it's kinda like the new hit song on the radio. Everyone's just GOT to have it so they buy the mp3 or CD and listen to it over and over and over. The radio plays it ad nauseum. It gets so overexposed most people don't want to hear it ever again and wonder why the hell they liked in the first place.

Trump is the most well known person in the race. He's already a pop culture icon. Of course he's going to have a following. But there's no substance. I cannot ever get any of his supporters to tell me one, just one policy position he has. There's nothing I can find on his website that gives me any insight. He's a showman and he's learned how to tap into people's emotions. I do know about his accomplishments, though, because he repeats them every time he opens his mouth...ad nauseum.

I'd suggest we prove this in the next debate by taking a drink every time he pats himself on the back but I'd be drunk by the time he finished his opening statement.
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline libertybele

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »
The voters decide our nominee; not the media. Plus, many voters are fed up with RINO's. I predict that Bush and Trump will probably be the last two standing while the rest of the candidates drop out because of lack of funds. Kinda like Newt in FL where Mitt had a enormous money advantage. It is going to take hundreds of millions of dollars just to compete in the primaries. I hope that Cruz can come up with the cash but I doubt it. He could beat Hilllary if he got the nomination provided he did not go mushy against Hillary like Mitt did against Obama in the second and third debate. 

I and many others think that Kelly and Chris wanted to knock Trump off his block and were unfair. I answered you questions, now please answer mine:

1. Have you ever called a man a pig, asshole, etc? This was a loaded question and what does it have to do with the election. I would venture to say that Trump has hired thousands of women and paid them well. But you take one sound bite and you and the media try to turn him into a bad person. She should apologize
 2. What the hell does a question about transgender have to do with the election? Another retarded question.
3. I have noticed that women want equality but don't like it when they are criticized. Many viewers thought her questions were over the top. Women need to put their big boy pants on if they want to play in the arena rather than play the victim.
4. Do you think that Kelly will go after Hillary like she did with Trump? Hell no she won't. Plus, if Chris and Braer(sp) went after her like they did with Trump, they would be heavily criticized don't you think?? Can we say double standard. Having seen some of the interviews between moderators at Fox in the last election, it was like a love in with Obama. Not so with the Repubs.  Fox lost a lot of viewers after that gotcha debate including me.

BTW, I would love to see Cruz get the nomination or become VP. I like Trump but think Cruz would beat Hillary handily.

I disagree with you on a couple of points.  First of all, yes in a sense the MSM can get a candidate elected; the media loved Obama and made him out to be the messiah -- he was elected twice by the people based on what the MSM fed them.  The MSM has already decided that Bush and Clinton will be the nominees; they announced that prediction before any of the candidates announced that they were running.  However, and fortunately, at this point in time that doesn't appear to be quite true because of Trump; he has taken focus off of Bush and has allowed others to get some focus-- but how things actually play out with Trump is yet to be seen.  A huge red flag should have alarmed everyone when he stated that he would not commit to not running 3rd party. I'm not at all convinced that Trump wants to be president; he is either in Hillary's camp or someone else's.  Right now he is taking a lot of heat off of the Republican candidates.  If you recall, the MSM/DEMS had a field day at this time last election especially with Cain and Gingrich -- it wasn't lack of funds but the MSM destroyed them. 

If you watch and listen to Cruz at Red State, he announced that he raised more "hard" money than Bush.  For a candidate so low in the polls (as projected by the MSM) that is quite impressive. 

There is a huge difference between gender equality and sexist remarks.  Clearly Trump made derogatory remarks against females.  A president should NOT slander anyone because of race, creed or gender and he did exactly that.  Not only that but Trump has insulted the Latinos as well; he has basically alienated two important sectors of the voting population.  Kelly and the other moderators asked tough questions of all the candidates.  I personally thought they did an excellent job; other than not awarding equal time to all of the candidates.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:11:39 PM by libertybele »
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2015, 09:47:49 PM »
So you're lying when you purposefully put in "Trump 2016"? Or you're stirring up shit, one or the other.

I don't beat up on Trump and I certainly don't despise him. I just don't take him seriously and while I understand the general outrage that a lot of voters have at the GOP in particular, I don't see that Trump is any kind of answer. He sucks up resources in the sense that there is only so much political capital to go around and Trump takes it all. Not good. 

Agreed.

I support Trump for President but do think he has personality issues. Kinda like LBJ who twisted arms to get his legislation passed. In that regard, I think he would make a great President because of the radical changes he would make. We are at a tipping point where things need to be changed quickly. Otherwise, we will wind up with a band-aid approach to  immigration, economic and trade. Trump said in the debate he does not have time for tone.

If Trump flames out, Cruz will be my my next choice and I would vote for him in a heartbeat. Don't think he would be a kick em in the balls type but he would certainly be much better than GWB and Jeb and the rest of the rinos. 

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2015, 10:25:43 PM »
I support Trump for President but do think he has personality issues. Kinda like LBJ who twisted arms to get his legislation passed. In that regard, I think he would make a great President because of the radical changes he would make. We are at a tipping point where things need to be changed quickly. Otherwise, we will wind up with a band-aid approach to  immigration, economic and trade. Trump said in the debate he does not have time for tone.

If Trump flames out, Cruz will be my my next choice and I would vote for him in a heartbeat. Don't think he would be a kick em in the balls type but he would certainly be much better than GWB and Jeb and the rest of the rinos.

But the questions we should be asking is, what kind of changes and how will those changes be made? What is he going to do about immigration? Build a wall? When? How? Enforce current laws? As a crony capitalist (even he proudly says he's taken advantage of the system) what kind of changes will he make to the economy and trade? Will he make changes that will benefit everyone or just other filthy rich people? What has he said he wants to do because I haven't heard anything. What about 0bamacare? He was on David Letterman a few months ago going all ga-ga over the Scottish system. Another time, he's said he wants a system where government can make deals with hospitals and care providers to help the poor and then allow everyone else to purchase over state lines. He's so incoherent on issues, I'm not sure what to expect of a Trump presidency.

He better damn well find time for tone because he cannot win a general election sounding like a 2 year old and if he keeps it up, the support he has now is going to wane. I thought it was cool at first. Someone was finally saying what everyone was thinking but eventually you have to move beyond anger into solutions. You have to act like an adult and not a schoolyard bully.

cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2015, 10:53:46 PM »
I disagree with you on a couple of points.  First of all, yes in a sense the MSM can get a candidate elected; the media loved Obama and made him out to be the messiah -- he was elected twice by the people based on what the MSM fed them.  The MSM has already decided that Bush and Clinton will be the nominees; they announced that prediction before any of the candidates announced that they were running.  However, and fortunately, at this point in time that doesn't appear to be quite true because of Trump; he has taken focus off of Bush and has allowed others to get some focus-- but how things actually play out with Trump is yet to be seen.  A huge red flag should have alarmed everyone when he stated that he would not commit to not running 3rd party. I'm not at all convinced that Trump wants to be president; he is either in Hillary's camp or someone else's.  Right now he is taking a lot of heat off of the Republican candidates.  If you recall, the MSM/DEMS had a field day at this time last election especially with Cain and Gingrich -- it wasn't lack of funds but the MSM destroyed them. 

If you watch and listen to Cruz at Red State, he announced that he raised more "hard" money than Bush.  For a candidate so low in the polls (as projected by the MSM) that is quite impressive. 

There is a huge difference between gender equality and sexist remarks.  Clearly Trump made derogatory remarks against females.  A president should NOT slander anyone because of race, creed or gender and he did exactly that.  Not only that but Trump has insulted the Latinos as well; he has basically alienated two important sectors of the voting population.  Kelly and the other moderators asked tough questions of all the candidates.  I personally thought they did an excellent job; other than not awarding equal time to all of the candidates.

I disagree with you. Plus, you did not answer my questions. So I will answer them for you.

1. Kelly new exactly who Donald was speaking about. IMO, Rosie is a fat, ugly, disgusting, pig. Plus, I did not even call her a dyke.
2, The question regarding the Army paying or allowing a transgender freak to enter the service is far, far off the wall in a presidential debate.
3. Many viewers thought that the moderators did go after Trump and that it was unfair. Plus, he was interrupted several time because the moderator did not like his answer and were argumentative. That rarely happened to the other candidates. 
4. The Hildabeast will never be subject to the type of questions that the moderators asked. I could make a list that would make her leave the stage such as what and why did you take items out of the W.H. You are a lawyer and know what the limit of gifts are that you can keep; I think it is up to $50. I would suggest that she is a thief.  I see much hypocrisy in the media especially when it comes to women. Men will not ask liberal women tough question because they will branded as insensitive, hateful and every other name in the book. Surely, you are able to see that. 

I agree that Trump made a comment to Kelly about the blood and calling her a bimbo that was not appropriate. However, we all say things that we regret. He should apologize about the blood part and she should not go whine like a victim on TV  the next day.  That will not happen because it is not in his DNA

FYI, everyone that comes into this country illegally is a criminal and should be sent back across the border. In many countries, they treat fence jumpers harshly. In conclusion, I am not worried about the feeling of people that come into this country illegally or Mexico. Many legal Mexicans agree that these fence jumpers and drug carriers should be dealt with an iron fist.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2015, 05:59:04 AM »
Lacarnut, I stopped reading your response to my post when I got to the sentence that stated you were going to answer for me. Really?  You are going to answer for me?  :rotf:      Conversation has just ended. 
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2015, 12:54:51 PM »
Lacarnut, I stopped reading your response to my post when I got to the sentence that stated you were going to answer for me. Really?  You are going to answer for me?  :rotf:      Conversation has just ended.

The post was meant for Delilahmused. Sorry

Offline a777pilot

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2015, 01:41:02 PM »
Anger is a piss poor reason to vote for a President.  Anger is the reason to get out there and find someone that is qualified, experienced and has a positive agenda for this nation.

I'm looking for a sucessful, at least twice elected, governor or former governor.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2015, 03:04:09 PM »
Anger is a piss poor reason to vote for a President.  Anger is the reason to get out there and find someone that is qualified, experienced and has a positive agenda for this nation.

I'm looking for a sucessful, at least twice elected, governor or former governor.

You're not talking about Romney are you ?  :whistling:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2015, 03:07:11 PM »

Your post is contradictory. You say that anger is a poor reason to vote for a Prez., and then turn around in the next sentence and state the opposite.

The last thing I want is a career politician like Bush, Huckabuck, etc. because with their experience it will be business as usual. What we need is someone that will bash Bonehead. McConnell, Rinos over the head to turn this ship around on issues of trade, economy, immigration, debt, etc. Bush would make a lousy President. Same for the Hildabeast.

Offline a777pilot

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2015, 03:46:47 PM »
No, I did not post a contradictory statement.

We have, now, an amature in the White House.  How is that working out for us?  Ya, you're right, not so well.

I want a successful governor, that was elected at least twice.  In over 100 years we have had two Presidents that had little to no government experience, Hoover and Obama.  Not a very great endorsement for another amature, is it?

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »
Money talks and BS walks. After several primaries, the candidates that have not placed in the top tier will drop out because their money from donors will dry up. That is how it has worked in past Repub. primaries.

This primary isn't like others. You have to go back to the Carter presidency to understand the mood of the country right now. With or without The Donald, it's highly unlikely any "big money" candidate will win. Been there, done that. People have had enough of candidates backed by big money and crony capitalists. The establishment will try to do the same thing they always do, but there's too much anger & fear out there, even people that don't pay attention to politics feel it.

The one that wins the primary and eventually the presidency will be the man or woman who shows love for this country, believes the best is yet to come and has a positive vision for getting us there. Candidates who only talk about grievances (I'm thinking Hillary & Trump) instead of solutions and spend their campaign railing about problems cannot win. My guess is, it will be 1980 all over again. The current front runners aren't offering the attitude or solutions people want. Trump is giving voice to our frustrations and we need that but it won't get him to the white house. If he does decided to go 3rd party because the Republicans aren't "treating him right" (and currently no one knows what that means), hopefully there'll be enough people to see past that and it won't put Hillary in the WH. Given the Reagan landslide, I'm hopeful. If Trump truly loves this country and wants it back on track then he'll back the nominee. It won't be another Bush. My money's on Cruz but Rubio & Walker have that same love of country and enthusiasm. Whoever wins would do well to pick Carly for their running mate. I would, however, make Trump Commerce Secretary. That would be a fun ride!

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2015, 06:00:53 PM »
I don't know how effective the strategy is to let the libs dishonestly attack conservatives, tear them down, and expect them to be graceful about not responding.
What that does is gives the public the idea that the dishonest tactics the left uses are revealing truths about conservatives.
Prime example, Harry "Pedarest" Reid gets on the floor of the senate and states that Romney has illegally with held paying or even filing taxes for years.
I don't recall any response, and I presume that the conservative powers that be approved of the "graceful" kowtow.
I think that every time a lib falsely accuses a conservative of anything, there should be a backlash to set the record straight.
Yes, I do think Bush is a graceful, restrained meek man, but I that extreme has hurt him at least in the short to mid term run.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2015, 06:17:48 PM »
This primary isn't like others. You have to go back to the Carter presidency to understand the mood of the country right now. With or without The Donald, it's highly unlikely any "big money" candidate will win. Been there, done that. People have had enough of candidates backed by big money and crony capitalists. The establishment will try to do the same thing they always do, but there's too much anger & fear out there, even people that don't pay attention to politics feel it.

The one that wins the primary and eventually the presidency will be the man or woman who shows love for this country, believes the best is yet to come and has a positive vision for getting us there. Candidates who only talk about grievances (I'm thinking Hillary & Trump) instead of solutions and spend their campaign railing about problems cannot win. My guess is, it will be 1980 all over again. The current front runners aren't offering the attitude or solutions people want. Trump is giving voice to our frustrations and we need that but it won't get him to the white house. If he does decided to go 3rd party because the Republicans aren't "treating him right" (and currently no one knows what that means), hopefully there'll be enough people to see past that and it won't put Hillary in the WH. Given the Reagan landslide, I'm hopeful. If Trump truly loves this country and wants it back on track then he'll back the nominee. It won't be another Bush. My money's on Cruz but Rubio & Walker have that same love of country and enthusiasm. Whoever wins would do well to pick Carly for their running mate. I would, however, make Trump Commerce Secretary. That would be a fun ride!

Cindie

Bush and or Trump will be one of the two standing at the end of the primary season because they have big bucks. Just wait and see.

What many people fail to realize is that Trump is a negotiator. I don't think he will run as a 3rd party candidate unless the polls show that he leads Repubs. If the polls show otherwise, he will support the Repub candidate for a price....probably for financial gain. Hillary with her tax the rich promise would not be advantageous for him. .     

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2015, 09:10:53 PM »
Bush and or Trump will be one of the two standing at the end of the primary season because they have big bucks. Just wait and see.

What many people fail to realize is that Trump is a negotiator. I don't think he will run as a 3rd party candidate unless the polls show that he leads Repubs. If the polls show otherwise, he will support the Repub candidate for a price....probably for financial gain. Hillary with her tax the rich promise would not be advantageous for him. .   

Why the hell would he go third party if he's at the top of the polls? That would mean he's also winning primaries. What's he gonna say, "Yaayyy! I won Iowa and Ohio...think I'll just start the Trump party!" It would be a highly stupid move on his part and the man isn't stupid. However, his criteria ISN'T his poll numbers, it's whether the party's "treating him right". He's the only one who can determine what that means. I'm guessing it's if his ego gets bruised.

I think when his poll numbers start to fall, he'll get bored. No one sustains these kinds of numbers, just ask Scott Walker and Hillary Clinton (she was the odds on money favorite in 2008). People heard very little of Cruz during the debates (he went 40 minutes without being asked a question), yet his poll numbers nearly doubled. Carson, Rubio & Walker also saw gains. Carly wasn't even at the big kids table and hers went way up.

Were you around during the Reagan revolution? The big money candidates were left in the dust. The mood of the country right now is about 10 times worse than it was then. There's almost nothing to be happy about. The majority of our citizens think the country is going in the wrong direction. As we're a self correcting country, we'll probably be inclined to vote for someone with more conservative credentials. This will be a highly unconventional campaign season. Primary voters still have a bad taste in their mouths from the McCain and Romney campaigns which is another reason I don't think money will have the impact it normally does. 

While Trump is tapping into the country's anger, his money may be a drawback in the long run. He's the richest person to ever run for president and like it or not, he IS part of the establishment and he freely admits to using his money to buy influence. The smart money said Bush, like every RINO before him, would shoot to the top but that hasn't been the case. He has big money donors and PACs full of millions but it's not buying his campaign any momentum. Rubio and Cruz have smaller war chests, their average donation is $50 and $80, respectively, but they obviously are appealing to regular people who don't have tons of money to donate. Money doesn't vote. People do.

Also, the real campaign season hasn't even started yet. Wait until the end of August when people start paying more attention. There's a good portion of the base that hasn't gotten engaged in the primaries at this point. Both Trump and Bush have the advantage of name recognition and that automatically gives them high poll numbers but as the season goes on that advantage will dissipate.

Right now the situation's very fluid and it's hard to say what the final outcome will be. Information may come out about one or more of the candidates that causes them to drop out. The ones that have absolutely no chance will be gone soon and their support will be dispersed among the other candidates. One of the governors could have a crisis in their states that keeps them from the campaign trail and causes them to lose their momentum. The Donald could choke to death on his comb over.

I do think this will be an unconventional election but it's impossible for anyone to predict the outcome right now, even by omniscient Trump supporters. Heck, Hillary may not even be the nominee. She's so plagued with scandal right now that if Biden gets in, I don't see her winning.

Cindie 

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:14:10 PM by delilahmused »
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline libertybele

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2015, 10:16:56 PM »
Carter brought us Reagan.  Obama will bring us Cruz!    :usflag:

Cruz is Golden! 2016

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2015, 11:05:09 PM »

Why the hell would he go third party if he's at the top of the polls? That would mean he's also winning primaries. What's he gonna say, "Yaayyy! I won Iowa and Ohio...think I'll just start the Trump party!" It would be a highly stupid move on his part and the man isn't stupid. However, his criteria ISN'T his poll numbers, it's whether the party's "treating him right". He's the only one who can determine what that means. I'm guessing it's if his ego gets bruised.

I think when his poll numbers start to fall, he'll get bored. No one sustains these kinds of numbers, just ask Scott Walker and Hillary Clinton (she was the odds on money favorite in 2008). People heard very little of Cruz during the debates (he went 40 minutes without being asked a question), yet his poll numbers nearly doubled. Carson, Rubio & Walker also saw gains. Carly wasn't even at the big kids table and hers went way up.

Were you around during the Reagan revolution? The big money candidates were left in the dust. The mood of the country right now is about 10 times worse than it was then. There's almost nothing to be happy about. The majority of our citizens think the country is going in the wrong direction. As we're a self correcting country, we'll probably be inclined to vote for someone with more conservative credentials. This will be a highly unconventional campaign season. Primary voters still have a bad taste in their mouths from the McCain and Romney campaigns which is another reason I don't think money will have the impact it normally does. 

While Trump is tapping into the country's anger, his money may be a drawback in the long run. He's the richest person to ever run for president and like it or not, he IS part of the establishment and he freely admits to using his money to buy influence. The smart money said Bush, like every RINO before him, would shoot to the top but that hasn't been the case. He has big money donors and PACs full of millions but it's not buying his campaign any momentum. Rubio and Cruz have smaller war chests, their average donation is $50 and $80, respectively, but they obviously are appealing to regular people who don't have tons of money to donate. Money doesn't vote. People do.

Also, the real campaign season hasn't even started yet. Wait until the end of August when people start paying more attention. There's a good portion of the base that hasn't gotten engaged in the primaries at this point. Both Trump and Bush have the advantage of name recognition and that automatically gives them high poll numbers but as the season goes on that advantage will dissipate.

Right now the situation's very fluid and it's hard to say what the final outcome will be. Information may come out about one or more of the candidates that causes them to drop out. The ones that have absolutely no chance will be gone soon and their support will be dispersed among the other candidates. One of the governors could have a crisis in their states that keeps them from the campaign trail and causes them to lose their momentum. The Donald could choke to death on his comb over.

I do think this will be an unconventional election but it's impossible for anyone to predict the outcome right now, even by omniscient Trump supporters. Heck, Hillary may not even be the nominee. She's so plagued with scandal right now that if Biden gets in, I don't see her winning.

Cindie

Opinions are like you know what. Every one has one. Plus, your crystall  ball is just as good as mine. We will just have to see. For the record, most of the candidates are millionaires with the exception of Walker. At the end of the primaries, the ones that have the most money will have an advantage. The first 3 or 4 will not make a difference.

If Trump gets the nomination, will you vote for him or will you urge Flora to run as a 3rd party candidate who has zero chance of winning? Talk about a disaster; she is a loser at her first try at politicial office in CA, and lost her job because HP cratered. We do not need another unqualified minority in the W.H.

FYI, my first vote for President was for Goldwater.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2015, 12:38:34 AM »
Opinions are like you know what. Every one has one. Plus, your crystall  ball is just as good as mine. We will just have to see. For the record, most of the candidates are millionaires with the exception of Walker. At the end of the primaries, the ones that have the most money will have an advantage. The first 3 or 4 will not make a difference.

If Trump gets the nomination, will you vote for him or will you urge Flora to run as a 3rd party candidate who has zero chance of winning? Talk about a disaster; she is a loser at her first try at politicial office in CA, and lost her job because HP cratered. We do not need another unqualified minority in the W.H.

FYI, my first vote for President was for Goldwater.

If Goldwater was your first vote then you should be more astute about what's happening right now in the country because it means you lived through Carter and the Reagan election after that. And by the way, I was the one who said it was so fluid right now that no one knew what will eventually happen. Your the one getting your panties in a twist insisting it's going to be Bush and Trump. Evidently, history is lost on you because we have been here before. I really do find it hard to believe you're that old. Seriously, I thought you were maybe early 20's because your arguments and replies are what I normally expect from someone who doesn't have a great deal of life experience.

And where the hell are you getting that I won't vote for Trump if he's the nominee? I've said plenty of times that Cruz is my first choice so why the hell would I urge Carly, or anyone else, to run third party? Unlike Trump, I know the stakes are too high to hand the election to another leftist. But many things were responsible for HP's problems at the time and Carly certainly was part of that. However, it was also during a time when tech companies were failing right and left (my husband's been in the tech industry our entire married life so it's something we're very connected to).

I think the only thing I've said about her is that her poll numbers went up, I'm impressed with her and she'd be a great VP pick. You really need to work on your comprehension skills. Either that or you're so blinded by Trump's divine light you're incapable of critical thought. You can't see past the "conventional wisdom" which gives you a distinct disadvantage. I've really tried to be patient with you and have a back and forth like I would any other adult but you're simply not worth my time anymore because you make ridiculous, illogical leaps that in no way relate to any of the points I've made. But good luck with the Trump thing. It would be much better for you if you wouldn't be so obsessed with him, though. It's not healthy.

I feel like I've fallen through some weird vortex and landed back in the era of Ron Paul.

Cindie

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:43:22 AM by delilahmused »
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2015, 03:18:14 AM »
We haven't had a good fight club thread in a long while.

That's where this one is heading and/or needs to go.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2015, 03:55:06 AM »
If Goldwater was your first vote then you should be more astute about what's happening right now in the country because it means you lived through Carter and the Reagan election after that. And by the way, I was the one who said it was so fluid right now that no one knew what will eventually happen. Your the one getting your panties in a twist insisting it's going to be Bush and Trump. Evidently, history is lost on you because we have been here before. I really do find it hard to believe you're that old. Seriously, I thought you were maybe early 20's because your arguments and replies are what I normally expect from someone who doesn't have a great deal of life experience.

And where the hell are you getting that I won't vote for Trump if he's the nominee? I've said plenty of times that Cruz is my first choice so why the hell would I urge Carly, or anyone else, to run third party? Unlike Trump, I know the stakes are too high to hand the election to another leftist. But many things were responsible for HP's problems at the time and Carly certainly was part of that. However, it was also during a time when tech companies were failing right and left (my husband's been in the tech industry our entire married life so it's something we're very connected to).

I think the only thing I've said about her is that her poll numbers went up, I'm impressed with her and she'd be a great VP pick. You really need to work on your comprehension skills. Either that or you're so blinded by Trump's divine light you're incapable of critical thought. You can't see past the "conventional wisdom" which gives you a distinct disadvantage. I've really tried to be patient with you and have a back and forth like I would any other adult but you're simply not worth my time anymore because you make ridiculous, illogical leaps that in no way relate to any of the points I've made. But good luck with the Trump thing. It would be much better for you if you wouldn't be so obsessed with him, though. It's not healthy.

I feel like I've fallen through some weird vortex and landed back in the era of Ron Paul.

Cindie

You are not interested in debate, all you want to do is attack Trump and anyone that supports him. Go for if it makes you feel better. I think it is funny. His hair and everything thing else about him bugs you.

I think Trump is right on immigration, economy, trade and will get this country moving in the right direction. So, he has my support. If he does not get the nomination, I hope Cruz gets it. Plus, I hope that analysis registers in your thick skull because I have already made that comment to YOU of my support for Cruz in a previous post. "PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST ON THIS PAGE" Talking to you is like talking to someone on drugs that has tunnel vision. Your attack on me falls on deaf ears because I do not have thin skin like you.

Trump/Cruz for Prez & VP in 2016
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:32:40 AM by Lacarnut »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2015, 09:53:04 AM »
That's where this one is heading and/or needs to go.

I thought about it, but quickly discarded that thought. Lacarnut just holds on to his way of thinking regardless of the point that's being made, and I have stuff IRL to deal with.

No, cindie, he's older than dirt. It's easy to tell because like the proverbial old man, he's caustic. He's the proverbial Mr. Wilson.  :rotf:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2015, 10:30:24 AM »
I don't know how effective the strategy is to let the libs dishonestly attack conservatives, tear them down, and expect them to be graceful about not responding.
What that does is gives the public the idea that the dishonest tactics the left uses are revealing truths about conservatives.
Prime example, Harry "Pedarest" Reid gets on the floor of the senate and states that Romney has illegally with held paying or even filing taxes for years.
I don't recall any response, and I presume that the conservative powers that be approved of the "graceful" kowtow.
I think that every time a lib falsely accuses a conservative of anything, there should be a backlash to set the record straight.Yes, I do think Bush is a graceful, restrained meek man, but I that extreme has hurt him at least in the short to mid term run.

Exactly.

If anyone remembers Saxophone Bill, every time he was criticized about 15 democrats got in front of a camera to defend him and/or shoot back at his critics.

When a republican president was criticized, all you hear are "crickets" from other republicans.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline libertybele

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2015, 12:33:07 PM »
You are not interested in debate, all you want to do is attack Trump and anyone that supports him. Go for if it makes you feel better. I think it is funny. His hair and everything thing else about him bugs you.

I think Trump is right on immigration, economy, trade and will get this country moving in the right direction. So, he has my support. If he does not get the nomination, I hope Cruz gets it. Plus, I hope that analysis registers in your thick skull because I have already made that comment to YOU of my support for Cruz in a previous post. "PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST ON THIS PAGE" Talking to you is like talking to someone on drugs that has tunnel vision. Your attack on me falls on deaf ears because I do not have thin skin like you.

Trump/Cruz for Prez & VP in 2016

You advocate a Trump/Cruz presidential ticket, but they do have some difference on a couple of issues regarding the 2nd amendment and free trade.  Trump is business savvy while Cruz is Constitutional savvy.  Trump has no tact.  Cruz is presidential.  So yes, in a way they do compliment each other, but the huge difference being that Trump is willing to run 3rd party and risking handing the vote to Hillary while I don't see Cruz doing that.  Cruz and Trump are the top two, but I thought you had commented that Trump and Bush would be left standing.

Trump/Cruz would be a good ticket... but I just don't see it with the stark differences in their personalities.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2015, 02:59:14 PM »
You advocate a Trump/Cruz presidential ticket, but they do have some difference on a couple of issues regarding the 2nd amendment and free trade.  Trump is business savvy while Cruz is Constitutional savvy.  Trump has no tact.  Cruz is presidential.  So yes, in a way they do compliment each other, but the huge difference being that Trump is willing to run 3rd party and risking handing the vote to Hillary while I don't see Cruz doing that.  Cruz and Trump are the top two, but I thought you had commented that Trump and Bush would be left standing.

Trump/Cruz would be a good ticket... but I just don't see it with the stark differences in their personalities.

As I said on another thread a few minutes ago, Trump has also waffled on defunding PP. On CNN's New Day this morning he said
"I would look at the good aspects of it and I would also look because I'm sure they do some things properly and good, good for women, and I would look at that,"
and
"I would look at the individual things that they do and maybe some of the things are good," Trump said. "We have to take care of women. We have to absolutely take care of women. The abortion aspect of Planned Parenthood should not -- absolutely should not -- be funded."
I was surprised Rush didn't bring this up today but it might have happened after his show prep was done. I don't see how it's possible to fund one and not the other, though. You inspect the books periodically but it's not that hard to fudge numbers and the government isn't exactly thorough about these things. Audits are for conservatives. Even IF you could trust PP on keeping the money separate, funding "other services" means there's more money in their abortion coffers. And I seriously doubt advertising propaganda monies are only taken from the baby killing budget.

Besides, we should be looking at ways to cut the budget, not keep spending money that can and should be funded by private sector donations.

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2015, 06:25:53 PM »
As I said on another thread a few minutes ago, Trump has also waffled on defunding PP. On CNN's New Day this morning he saidandI was surprised Rush didn't bring this up today but it might have happened after his show prep was done. I don't see how it's possible to fund one and not the other, though. You inspect the books periodically but it's not that hard to fudge numbers and the government isn't exactly thorough about these things. Audits are for conservatives. Even IF you could trust PP on keeping the money separate, funding "other services" means there's more money in their abortion coffers. And I seriously doubt advertising propaganda monies are only taken from the baby killing budget.

Besides, we should be looking at ways to cut the budget, not keep spending money that can and should be funded by private sector donations.

Cindie

It should be defunded entirely and a separate agency set up for women's issues without abortion funding. I think that Trump alluded to the fact that PP has a few good womens issues for the poor that have merit such as testing for diseases. However, like you said, the whole thing needs to be thrown out .