Author Topic: Alex Sink concedes Fla. gov. race to Rick Scott  (Read 4112 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Alex Sink concedes Fla. gov. race to Rick Scott
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »
Alex Sink concedes Fla. gov. race to Rick Scott

Associated Press
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Alex Sink concedes Fla. gov. race to Rick Scott
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:02:43 AM »
Why was that even close?

What's been wrong with the people in Florida lately?

Too many Oscar Wildes (the "Cyrano" primitive) moving down there from New York to spoil the state?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 01:25:09 PM »
Why was that even close?

Too many Oscar Wildes (the "Cyrano" primitive) moving down there from New York to spoil the state?

Exactly. The morning paper had a map of Florida and who won by county. Sink took S.E. Florida, which is comprised of liberals and all those retirees from the N.E. States. She also took the Tampa/St. Pete area, Another bastion of liberals and also known as "God's Waiting Room". She also took the area around the state capital in the panhandle. Not surprising since it's where she's been for years. Scott took all the restand  he dominated in the areas of the military bases.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 02:16:30 PM »
Exactly. The morning paper had a map of Florida and who won by county. Sink took S.E. Florida, which is comprised of liberals and all those retirees from the N.E. States. She also took the Tampa/St. Pete area, Another bastion of liberals and also known as "God's Waiting Room". She also took the area around the state capital in the panhandle. Not surprising since it's where she's been for years. Scott took all the restand  he dominated in the areas of the military bases.

Well, after watching Oscar Wilde on Skins's island for some years, I'm wondering why Florida doesn't do something about this.

Oscar Wilde, the "Cyrano" primitive, is a native of New York City, and at one time had promise of being a new Wall Street whiz kid.  But then an impetuous fit, he tossed that bright future overboard, and went into the military (voluntarily or involuntarily, I don't know--this was when the draft was still in effect), and then after that, he ended up in Florida.  From the clues in his posts, he works as a nurse's aide or something in a nursing home.

Anyway, all Oscar Wilde does is bitch and moan and complain about Florida and Floridians.

Why he doesn't go back to New York City if he finds Florida and Floridians so inhospitable, I have no idea.

Maybe taxes are lower in Florida, than they are in New York City.

Or maybe Florida has more jobs for nurse's aides in nursing homes, than New York City does.

Anyway.

To preserve and maintain both the culture and environment of Florida, I think Florida should erect a fence keeping northeasterners out, and expel all "Floridians" who don't have roots to that state and its people prior to, say, 1967.

Oscar Wilde is a primitive, and obviously in favor of things Lenin and Stalin did, including the mass expulsions of entire populations; I can't see where he would have a problem with this, then.

Of course, my idea isn't going to fly, but really, Florida has to do something about all these Oscar Wildes running around, ruining the place.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 04:25:10 PM »
Why was that even close?

I reluctantly voted for Scott. I don't know if he can be trusted or not because of his business dealings that were never explained well enough. I trust Sink even less so I think a lot of his support was from people like me who decided at the last second to fill in his bubble.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 07:04:54 PM »
Maybe taxes are lower in Florida, than they are in New York City.

Much lower. Plus there's no state income tax. Maybe he just keeps running into all the transplants from other states , because all the native Floridians are nice people.

Freeper, I too almost voted for Sink at one point. She had some decent idea, but what ultimately pushed me to Scott was that Sink supported Porkulus, Obamacare and she said that Florida doesn't need an anti-illegal immigrant policy like Nevada because the situation isn't as bad here. In 10 years or so it probably will be though.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 05:12:13 PM »

Much lower. Plus there's no state income tax. Maybe he just keeps running into all the transplants from other states , because all the native Floridians are nice people.

Freeper, I too almost voted for Sink at one point. She had some decent idea, but what ultimately pushed me to Scott was that Sink supported Porkulus, Obamacare and she said that Florida doesn't need an anti-illegal immigrant policy like Nevada because the situation isn't as bad here. In 10 years or so it probably will be though.

I never considered Sink since she is an Obama supporter.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.