The Bar > The Lounge

Big Dog on the ray-de-oh

(1/30) > >>

Big Dog:
Posted in the Sandhills forum, to keep personal information away from lurking DUmmies' eyes.

One of the projects I have been working on this past year is a monthly educational TV show on Salina's community access channel. The show is called Liberty TV, and it is based on my essay series, The Liberty Papers.  (If anyone is interested, Liberty TV can be watched online at http://www.salinatv.org. I am working on setting up a YouTube channel for the program, but haven't gotten it done yet.)

The local conservative talk radio station, KINA 910 AM, asked me to appear on their morning program Coffee Talk from time to time. I am also going to guest host the program sometimes after the new year.

I am talking about books every person should read before age 18, and again before turning 40. I was on a couple of weeks ago, discussing George Orwell's book 1984 and comparing the book to current American politics.

My next appearance will be this coming Wednesday from 8:30-9:00 AM Central time, and we are going to talk about Animal Farm.

The station broadcasts online, at http://salinapost.com. Click on the "Radio" button at the top of the page, and select 910 KINA. If you listen in, and are inspired to call, the studio line is (785) 309-0910. If you call in from far away, be sure to tell the nice folks in Central Kansas what city and state you're calling from!

obumazombie:
Is there a way to get ahold of recorded broadcasts that feature you ?

franksolich:
Okay, I suppose I should confess that our esteemed colleague shared much of this with me when he was planning it, and setting up The Liberty Papers.

When he told me each piece would be about two minutes*, I expressed skepticism; what could one possibly say in two minutes, other than, "Hello, well, I've talked enough, so good-bye"#?

So Big Dog read off one of the pieces, in two minutes.

I was surprised at all that one can say in two minutes, and it was all meat, no fat.

*I think it was two minutes, but at any rate, it was a very short length of time.

#those who've chatted with me on the telephone are familiar with this phenomenon.

longview:
Good for you, BD. 

I'll try to catch some of the Liberty Papers online. 

Big Dog:

--- Quote from: obumazombie on December 07, 2014, 03:33:59 AM ---Is there a way to get ahold of recorded broadcasts that feature you ?

--- End quote ---

KINA doesn't archive their original broadcasting. If I can figure out a way to record Wednesday's show, I'll do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version