Author Topic: Why is a slave ownin, indian killin, good for nothin democrat on the $20 bill  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002574322

Tue Apr 17, 2012, 10:25 AM

Star Member UnrepentantLiberal (3,711 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Why is the man responsible for the Trail of Tears still on the $20 bill?

Who should he be replaced with?

Just what gives them the inspiration to come up with this shit?

Throd (3,200 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
1. Why is a guy who was president during slavery on the $1 bill?

HiPointDem (551 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
49. i.e. he signed it in response to GA, already pushing indians off their land. A Bush relation was

blah,blah.blah.....

It's Bush's fault.  :rofl:

denverbill
6. Why is the guy who is responsible for the internment of all Japanese Americans still on the dime?

View profile
Andrew Jackson was also a hero of the War of 1812 and made quite an impact on national history both before and during his Presidency. It's hard to judge people in the past by standard of today. By the standards of his day, his policy towards Indians was fairly liberal. Many Americans favored extermination rather than removal. Lincoln favored shipping freed black slaves back to Africa, and he's still on the penny.

Just another racist democrat.

el_bryanto (2,369 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
7. It'll be a lot simpler when we just have Reagen on all of our money

View profile
simpler all around.

Bryant

The bestest idea that the DUmp has ever come up with.

Lasher (18,733 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
10. Tell me about it.

View profile
When my grandchild was born, we were surprised to see the name on the birth certificate was Ronald Reagan Lasher. The hospital said it was a typo and it had never happened before.

He must have told the nurse in the maternity ward to turn off FOX news and she got even with him.

And now a WTF moment.

cthulu2016 (1,770 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
21. Because he's the father of the Democratic Party

View profile
At least that's why he's on the 20 to begin with. As to why he still is... it's tradition, I guess.

YellowRubberDuckie (19,030 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
57. Well, until like the 50s, Democrats were conservative racists.

Still trying to pass your ancestral brethren off as Republicans? The democrat party is no different now than it was back when. Y'All just hide it better...........sometimes.

Uncle Joe (22,664 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
43. In those days honor meant a great deal perhaps too much, not killing in the sense of murder

View profile
exemplified courage but fighting a duel certainly did.

You can disagree all you like but that's the history on the frontier during the early 19th century.

To some it still does.

Sorry to say that he was from the great state of Tennessee though.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:00:45 PM by Tucker »
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

99+ weeks of unemployment benefits.  Lots of time to ponder meaningless shit no one else cares about.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline DumbAss Tanker

It's their Random Outrage Generator, the DU-ROG.  It was that early prototype of the VRWC's ParGen, with some bad chips and an Apple eprom, useless to us.  Vinca or one of their other eBay magnates must have beat the trashman to the VRWC Headquarters curb the day the lab chucked it.  It seems to keep them amused, though.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
99+ weeks of unemployment benefits.  Lots of time to ponder meaningless shit no one else cares about.

Actually what I think happens is one of them learns something THEN tries to figure out a way to show the other monkeys in the zoo just how intellectual they are.

I mean it wouldn't be any fun if you posted;

"Hey!  I just learned that Andrew Jackson was the person behind the Trail of Tears.  I never knew that."

Because then the DUmmies are all going to jump on board and tell you what a DUmbass you are for not knowing everything that has ever happened at any time and show you how smart THEY are.

No, you have to find a way to work new information into some kind of outrage then pretend like you knew it all along.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Boy, sure is boring at the DUmp today! This is meaningless bull shit.

Why is my butt cracked?

Just about as meaningful.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Clearly this is an outrage and must be dealt with immediately, so you should send all of your $20 bills to me for proper disposal. :lmao:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Karin

Insightful, Texacon.  Pretty transparent, aren't they? 

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

Star Member UnrepentantLiberal (3,711 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Throd (3,200 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
1. Why is a guy who was president during slavery on the $1 bill?

Wait until they figure that the guy on all those fivers they're shelling out for cigarettes and gas was A DAMNED RETHUGLIKKKAN!!!! :rotf: :rotf:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Delmar

Response to UnrepentantLiberal (Original post)Tue Apr 17, 2012, 10:39 AM
 denverbill
6. Why is the guy who is responsible for the internment of all Japanese Americans still on the dime?

Andrew Jackson was also a hero of the War of 1812 and made quite an impact on national history both before and during his Presidency. It's hard to judge people in the past by standard of today. By the standards of his day, his policy towards Indians was fairly liberal. Many Americans favored extermination rather than removal. Lincoln favored shipping freed black slaves back to Africa, and he's still on the penny.

Fun fact for lurking DUmmies:  Democratic president Andrew Jackson owned 150 times as many slaves as all republican presidents put together.

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Uncle Joe (22,664 posts) 
43. In those days honor meant a great deal perhaps too much, not killing in the sense of murder

exemplified courage but fighting a duel certainly did.

The street-corner doo-rag democrats on Chicago's South Side still live that way.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse

Ronald Reagan.  :cheersmate:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Andrew Jackson set the tone for the Democrat Party to this day.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant

Yes.  Yes he did.  Constitutional authority of the other branches of government meaning less than nothing to him, being chief of his weaknesses as president of a Constitutional Republic.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
He is also good for "walking around money".
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Tucker

How would they know who's on a dollar, much less a twenty?

Don't they get EBT cards?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
                           :lol: :lol:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
That's Andrew Jackson?

Huh--and all this time I thought it was a picture of Peter Gammons.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all

UnrepentantLiberal (3,711 posts) 

This was the 1830s, not the 21st century. It was either move them or kill them, so you could say Jackson was merciful.

Anyway, one interesting thing I read recently about the "Trail of Tears" was that the Cherokees were becoming pretty integrated into the American culture of the period.

When they moved out on the migration west, they took with them several hundred black slaves that they owned.

Offline obumazombie

This was the 1830s, not the 21st century. It was either move them or kill them, so you could say Jackson was merciful.

Anyway, one interesting thing I read recently about the "Trail of Tears" was that the Cherokees were becoming pretty integrated into the American culture of the period.

When they moved out on the migration west, they took with them several hundred black slaves that they owned.
Uh oh, the clash of two lib sacred cows, again. Which will emerge unscathed ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!

Well Gobie, Jackson did give them a pretty raw deal. He used them to defeat the British down in New Orleans, then later pretty much stole their land and made them walk to Oklahoma to the res.

Can't say as I think too much of the guy. You would think if people help you defeat your enemies, you would treat them a little better.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_Watie
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant

Wait until the DUmbasses discover that in South Carolina, Louisiana and a couple of other slave-holding states, the plantations who had the greatest number of slaves were owned by black men.

-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline obumazombie

Wait until the DUmbasses discover that in South Carolina, Louisiana and a couple of other slave-holding states, the plantations who had the greatest number of slaves were owned by black men.

Nice gif !

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

They'd be surprised to know that Cherokee Indians owned slaves and plantations in Georgia and Alabama too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Tucker

Not really.

You gotta keep in mind that the slave owning, racist, white sheet wearing KKK, negro hanging democrat was really a Republican.

The Byrd's and George Wallace, giants in the democrat segregationist party, were not democrats at all. Ask any DUmmy. It's how they shed their racist past.