Author Topic: So, once the 2nd Amendment is repealed...  (Read 1829 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
So, once the 2nd Amendment is repealed...
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:07:21 PM »
sarisataka (5,374 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027115121

So once the Second Amendment is repealed and gun ownership prohibited, who will be entrusted to enforce this?

I am curious how much power we will allow police to have for enforcement. Will police arrest anyone in possession of a gun as they encounter them, will we allow the police to go house to house and confiscate guns or will it be like illegal immigration and left up to Federal enforcement?

Will any additional weaponry be authorized for use in enforcing the new paradigm?

Not the evil police! God forbid a law enforcement job, even one as ****ed up as weapon confiscation be handled by the police.

Must be put into the hands of the Feds.

sarisataka (5,374 posts)
7. Many are saying, and with much support, "Guns have no place in modern society".

Many are saying DEATH TO AMERICA and DEATH TO ISRAEL! and cutting the heads off people and tossing gays to their deaths off buildings too.

NowSam (59 posts)
5. We should not repeal the 2nd Amendment

We should just focus on the part of it that says "Well Regulated". The amendment as written allows for regulation, it seems to me. Licensing of hand guns to those who are taught gun safety, and the handling of their weapon, take an oath to uphold the law, and such. Universal background checks should be done, etc.

There is also the issue of us vs them and that is part of the bigger issue. Other nations arm everyone and they are not going through this. Those nations really are "One nation, indivisible". Here we have a very divided nation - full of distrust and hate. There is still a horrible amount of racism and such as well.

Economic distress is truly a great cause of desperation for so many who are living pay check to paycheck or worse and are one mishap from disaster. Others are medicated out the wazoo in order to cope with the cognitive dissonance of living in such a dog eat dog society. People are desperate. They don't trust their neighbors, the media, the government, or anything. In a grossly greedy for profit society where the marketers are feeding the fears and seducing simultaneously the people - bombarding them with a zillion bytes of that per minute - where the doctors and pharmaceutical industry cares about $$$$$$ but not safety or efficacy, where the NRA, the Church and other lobbies manipulate and stir the pot of discontent - where the police are not held to any standard of civility - Its a powder keg right now and we need to come together with our neighbors. We need to see the cause of who is dividing the people and fermenting the hate. We need to be "We the People." No more us vs them. That's the only way to curb this.

We the people must hold our public servants' feet to the fire and hold them to the highest standards of accountability. Really we must say, "Enough is enough".

Who keeps up the racial tension?

jonno99 (545 posts)
56. "Well Regulated" = "Well Trained". Govt. regulations - especially federal - were almost

non-existent at the time of the founding (there was no EPA, OSHA, IRS, EEOC, DOL, etc, etc.).

So it's safe to conclude that "well regulated" was NOT about govt. rules controlling firearms.

Insert "well-trained" (or "well-equipped") and the amendment makes perfect sense - especially when you add the last section: "...the right of the people..."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

IMHO - "infringed" is actually the key word on which to focus. As Bernie has pointed out 99.9% of guns owners are responsible.

Of course the trick is always: how then do we manage the lawless 0.1% without infringing the rights of the law-abiding?

well... yeah.

LonePirate (2,332 posts)
40. You arrest and jail those people like you would any other felony lawbreakers.

check out this line of thinking...

JT1979 (7 posts)
52. So what hapens when

Those police get shot trying to arrest and take guns?

LonePirate (2,332 posts)
60. Those so-called law abiding gun owners are wanted for homicide/attempted homicide among others.

Fear of enforcing a law should never serve as a deterrent for not having or enforcing the law in the first place.

If gun nutters truly support the Constitution, then they will obey it when it eventually prohibits the possession of firearms.

beevul (9,521 posts)
75. What if theres 25 million of them?

Then what.

LonePirate (2,332 posts)
78. Unless all 25M converge on Washington at the same time waving their guns

then it is merely an issue for local law enforcement officers.

beevul (9,521 posts)
80. Have you ever heard of assymetrical warfare?

Insurgents generally do not line up all gentlemanly like the british did in the revolutionary war, and say 'here I am, come get me'.

See Viet Nam and Iraq for examples.

LonePirate (2,332 posts)
85. I don't see it ending any differently than the countless police standoffs that occurred up until now

The criminals will either end up dead or in jail if they attempt to shoot an officer of law. If they shoot and hit, they should expect even more LEOs to come after them.

The vast majority of gun owners will either voluntarily turn over their guns or they will quietly maintain possession of them without it impacting anyone.

Then you have the small percentage of Dumb**** Billy Bob gun owners who think they are brave and skilled enough to outgun and outlast a much larger and better armed group of LEOs. If they then choose to fire on those LEOs, then they can pay the consequences of such illegal activity with either jail time or their life. Fortunately, there are fewer and fewer of these idiots with each passing year.

beevul (9,521 posts)
86. "a much larger and better armed group of LEOs."

a much larger and better armed group of LEOs.

You mean like at the bundy ranch? Why didn't the bundy ranch incident follow your script?

There are approximately 900,000 state federal and local LEOs in America.

If 25 million people decide they've had enough, 900,000 leos will soon be half that many, and that's before any fighting starts - probably at least half of them would suddenly be looking for another line of work, or be sympathizers to the insurgent cause. Many leos like guns, and see things different when its their guns being taken away.

I hope none of the above ever happen, and I think you have not thought this through very well.

LonePirate (2,332 posts)
89. You are overestimating the bravery and ability of Joe Gun Owner to take down LEOs

Besides, after the reports start coming in of failed resistance by their brethren, the idiots will abandon their illegal dreams of holding on to their guns.

Star Member Lizzie Poppet (4,898 posts)
90. You're greatly overestimating the average LEO's combat ability.

As I mention elsewhere, the average beat cop fires their weapon a handful of times a year. They're no more skilled that Joe Gun Owner. The SWAT guys tend to be pretty good (although the couple of SWAT snipers I've seen at the range don't impress me all that much). But there are a few thousand of them, nationwide.

But I can see this is a pointless discussion. If you insist on believing that a proactive attempt at confiscation wouldn't turn into a bloodbath, there's obviously nothing I can do to change that. Hopefully, the demonstration of just how wrong you are never comes to pass.

LonePirate (2,332 posts)
91. There might be a bloodbath but you are mistaken about who the victims are going to be.

The vast majority of them will be Joe Gun Owner, who is no more skilled at using his weapon than the idiot who leaves his gun unsecured for his child to find.

Star Member Lizzie Poppet (4,898 posts)
98. To be blunt, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I spend a fair bit of time at shooting ranges on a very regular basis (I practice weekly with my self-defense pistols and I'm a pretty serious long-range rifle competitor, which requires a LOT of practice). I've seen plenty of "Joe Gun Owner" types who are obviously not spending a lot of time at the range...but the thing is, I also see a lot of average beat cops at the same pistol range (and occasionally share the rifle range with some of the SWAT marksmen). Those beat cops are no better than ol' Joe.

Of course, pistol shooting skill would be largely irrelevant in the sort of scenario we're discussing. Those kinds of fight happen with rifles. With rifles, I'd say the average gun owner who has rifles at all is probably a better shooter than the average cop. Again, the average cop only shoots that rifle to keep their qualification current. The average civilian AR-15 owner probably goes through several times more rounds in a year. The average hunter, with a scoped high-power bolt-action rifle, spends range time meticulously sighting in their rifle.

More serious shooters will have a significant skill advantage over the average LEO. Those serious shooters are far fewer in number that Joe Average Gun Owner, but would probably be the group from which the majority of insurrectionists would be drawn. That group includes a good number of combat veterans. I assure you that combat vets aren't remotely afraid of the average cop.

Yeah, there are serious shooters and combat vets on police forces, too...but they are few in number compared to gun owners, and I'm betting that a big chunk of them would refuse confiscation orders (they tend to be strongly pro-gun).

A good majority of the LEOs won't obey such an order in the first place.

DetlefK (5,532 posts)
11. No need to search houses.

If any weaponized contraband shows up in your possession in any way, it gets confiscated and you get a massive fine based on a percentage of your wage.

You can hide that gun in your drawer or bury it in your backyard. No problem. But if anybody ever finds that gun, then you have a problem.

What a wonderful America these DUmb****s visualize for the rest of us!

DetlefK (5,532 posts)
17. Theft? What theft?

There won't be guns left to steal.

- Some ordinary owners will get rid of their guns. -> Nothing to steal.
- Some ordinary owners will get licences for "oldtimer"-guns (e.g. inherited). -> Very rare.
- Some ordinary owners will hide their guns. -> Too well-hidden to steal.
- Public servants will own guns. -> Too dangerous to steal, plus they are registered.

And as the number of gun-owners dwindles, the market for guns shrinks. Many gun-manufacturers go out of business, the rest is monitored. And there will also be no more use for gun-sellers. As the only gun-sellers will be the companies themselves and as they can only legally sell to agencies of the government, the way of every illegal gun found at a crime-scene can easily be traced back

A utopia! where your house and property can be searched at any times for 'wrong-thinking' contraband and we live under a total police state!

Half-Century Man (4,169 posts)
77. I've brought this up before; The second ammendment says nothing about guns. Not one word.

It ensures some form of weapon be available to every citizen. Not all weapons be available.
We already regulate the open carry of most weapons. If you wish to test this statement; strap on a Katana and walk down your street. You will be stopped and at the very least questioned, most probably arrested. The open carry of swords is heavily regulated, out of the fear that if you are carrying it, you will use it to randomly hack down people.

Think about that, we outlaw the carrying of a weapon with an effective range of 1.8 meters and the ability to engage 6 or less targets a minute in the hands of a master; and glorify the open carrying of weapons with an effective range of 100 meters and the ability to engage 30+ targets a minute in the hands of a rank amateur.

We should regulate firearms according to mass lethality. Much the same way we regulate the private ownership of fully automatic weapons, suppressors (silencers), sawed off rifles and shot guns, stocked pistols, etc.

I say any weapon feed with a detachable magazine or belt needs a much higher standard of secure storage (facilities subject to state level inspection before acquiring the weapon), stricter background checks, and very limited circumstances for legal carry in public.

*******, they are stupid.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: So, once the 2nd Amendment is repealed...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 09:30:22 PM »
77. I've brought this up before; The second ammendment says nothing about guns. Not one word.

It ensures some form of weapon be available to every citizen.

:o

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 09:46:08 PM »
Response to LonePirate (Reply #78)Thu Aug 27, 2015, 07:23 PM
Star Member Lizzie Poppet (4,899 posts)
83. More like 80 million.

Obviously not all would be willing to take up arms against confiscation...but I think gun control extremists grossly underestimate the numbers that would resist...and overestimate the numbers of police (or military) that would be willing to enforce such laws.
Response to Lizzie Poppet (Reply #83)Thu Aug 27, 2015, 08:13 PM
beevul (9,528 posts)
88. Also in question...

How many who do not own guns would be outraged enough, in our hypothetical, to get involved?

I think it would likely be a number far greater than zero.

Gun owners might stand up to federal, state, or local law enforcement but will cave and turn in their guns if outraged primitives make the demand?

Or is this primitive talking about non gun owners taking sides against the repeal?

Hard to tell when you're dealing with primitives.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:51:08 PM by Delmar »
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:51:05 PM »
Gun owners might stand up to federal, state, or local law enforcement but will cave and turn in their guns if outraged primitives make the demand?

Or is this primitive talking about non gun owners taking sides against the repeal?

I'm thinking he means non gun owners taking sides against the repeal?

Of course, hes probably a mole, primitives don't consider things like that.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 10:54:57 PM »

Good question.  I think they are planning on trying to fag-slap us to death.   :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 11:15:24 PM »
Outside major metro areas and Blue State Hell where permits, bans, and other folderol make gun ownership rare, I find it hard to believe local law enforcement would want to have any part of this BS.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline HawkHogan

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 04:49:55 AM »
Outside major metro areas and Blue State Hell where permits, bans, and other folderol make gun ownership rare, I find it hard to believe local law enforcement would want to have any part of this BS.

My county sheriff has specifically said that law-abiding citizens with concealed weapons permits make his county safer, and he's starting a permit upgrade process.  Damn courses were filled before they were widely known about.  All of the staff at my local LGS have been certified as teachers for the classes.  He's also said that he "won't do the Governor's dirty work" as it concerns the NY 'SAFE Act.'
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 05:51:01 AM »

Almost every LEO I have heard/read on the topic wants no part of it, or would actively resist it.  And correct. The only three I have heard agree with it are, of course, the douche in CT, one in NH and that asswipe in Chicago.

...and they were extremely arrogant about it.

Also, for the benefit of the lurking infants, isn't CT's compliance with their registration bullshit some ridiculously low number. like less than 2%?

My county sheriff has specifically said that law-abiding citizens with concealed weapons permits make his county safer, and he's starting a permit upgrade process.  Damn courses were filled before they were widely known about.  All of the staff at my local LGS have been certified as teachers for the classes.  He's also said that he "won't do the Governor's dirty work" as it concerns the NY 'SAFE Act.'

Exactly.  I have not run across one that thinks otherwise and one went so far as to say: "I thank God, every day, that there are people out there armed."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:55:55 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 07:07:51 AM »
These primitives would have wet their pants at the skill and marksmanship that took place at Camp Perry just last month.  >6000 participants with serious skills, I doubt very much that any one of them would voluntarily give up their firearms without a fight.

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 07:11:15 AM »
The criminal element will be relieved and then run wild when their prey is disarmed.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 07:53:05 AM »
We should just focus on the part of it that says "Well Regulated".

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

the right of the people ...
... shall not be infringed.

ANY law or regulation that makes "keeping and bearing Arms" substantially more difficult or onerous violates this right of the people! Pretty simple.

Don't like it, the USC has a process for amending it, a process that makes it difficult, however, for a self-anointed elite to do so.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 08:09:42 AM »
Once again the DUmbasses prove what I heard a caller say on Rush Limbaugh's radio show:

"Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart."
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 11:20:49 AM »
Outside major metro areas and Blue State Hell where permits, bans, and other folderol make gun ownership rare

In blue hellholes like Cook County and the District of Columbia, LEGAL ownership maybe rare, but the savages who live there seem to have little problem spraying lead around the neighborhood.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 01:33:17 PM »
In blue hellholes like Cook County and the District of Columbia, LEGAL ownership maybe rare, but the savages who live there seem to have little problem spraying lead around the neighborhood.

While true, as even at least one of the DUmmies noted, not relevant to my point.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 04:41:28 PM »
Pretty sure they should start figuring out a way to repeal the 2nd Amendment first. Don't see any way that will happen any time soon. Even democrat lawmakers know not to touch that with a 10 foot pole. Delusional and stupid is a pathetic way to go through life.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »

It ensures some form of weapon be available to every citizen. Not all weapons be available.
We already regulate the open carry of most weapons. If you wish to test this statement; strap on a Katana and walk down your street. You will be stopped and at the very least questioned, most probably arrested. The open carry of swords is heavily regulated, out of the fear that if you are carrying it, you will use it to randomly hack down people.

Think about that, we outlaw the carrying of a weapon with an effective range of 1.8 meters and the ability to engage 6 or less targets a minute in the hands of a master; and glorify the open carrying of weapons with an effective range of 100 meters and the ability to engage 30+ targets a minute in the hands of a rank amateur.

We should regulate firearms according to mass lethality. Much the same way we regulate the private ownership of fully automatic weapons, suppressors (silencers), sawed off rifles and shot guns, stocked pistols, etc.

I say any weapon feed with a detachable magazine or belt needs a much higher standard of secure storage (facilities subject to state level inspection before acquiring the weapon), stricter background checks, and very limited circumstances for legal carry in public.

Might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on Dummy land.

The Founders were heavily influenced by the writings of Cesare Becarria, one of the first criminologists. 

Cesare wrote heavily about how gun control takes guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens, but keeps them in the hands of criminals.

He was talking about guns.

The Founders were talking about guns.

What the hell does this Dummy think they were talking about?

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 09:24:57 PM »
Might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on Dummy land.

The Founders were heavily influenced by the writings of Cesare Becarria, one of the first criminologists. 

Cesare wrote heavily about how gun control takes guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens, but keeps them in the hands of criminals.

He was talking about guns.

The Founders were talking about guns.

What the hell does this Dummy think they were talking about?

<DUmmy> Arms- those things that are attached to your shoulders</DUmmy>

How about these: Warships, cannon, mortars, howitzers, bombs? All privately owned during the American Revolution.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 11:03:06 PM »
77. I've brought this up before; The second ammendment (sic) says nothing about guns. Not one word. ...

:thatsright: Hello! "Well regulated militia" ... the British troops who marched on Lexington and Concord weren't after the militia's pocket knives, moron! :thatsright: They were after their guns and ammo! :thatsright: Guns were the basic weapon - "arm" - of militia members! :thatsright:

Of course, pointing this out over on DU would be a battle of wits with an unarmed man. :rimshot:

That degree of stupid should be painful! :asssmack:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 01:32:17 PM »
I was shocked at the level of delusion contained in just the title of the OP!

That LonePirate is a ****ing idiot.  He says:

If you hadn't noticed, urbanites and millennials are not big gun supporters. Who do you think will be leading the country in 2040? All of this gun violence is only turning more people against guns and once demographics or a focused electorate ends the Republican majorities in Congress, we will start seeing small changes to gun laws. These changes will only accelerate us towards a repeal of that antiquated amendment.

I can think of many urbanites very fond of their guns.

Response to LonePirate (Reply #113)

Thu Aug 27, 2015, 11:52 PM

GGJohn (5,462 posts)
114. Uh huh, suuuree it will.

But hey, if believing that floats your boat, have at it, in the meantime, my children, grand children, great grand children will be fighting the likes of you and your fellow prohibitionists at the polls, in the courts, etc.

Response to GGJohn (Reply #114)

Fri Aug 28, 2015, 12:05 AM

LonePirate (2,339 posts)
115. Your grandchildren and great grandchildren will be standing with their peers and not with you

Just like with marriage equality, when it comes to guns, the younger generation will support a position their grandparents oppose. You might want to open your eyes and take a look at the trends in this country before adopting any position currently espoused by the right.

Asshole.

GGJohn (5,462 posts)
116. You couldn't be more wrong.

My grand children already are gun owners and hunters and they'll pass on to their children the virtues of gun ownership and hunting, who'll pass it on to their children and so on and so forth.

Now, just imagine millions upon millions of rural and millions of suburban families doing the same.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 01:37:55 PM »
I know people living in rural areas that don't hunt, but have plenty of handguns and rifles in their homes. They're smart enough to know that where they live, it can take the sheriff or state police up to an hour to respond to a 911 call.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 02:03:21 PM »
That degree of stupid should be painful! :asssmack:
It is.......that's why there is so much self medication over there.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline SVPete

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 03:10:22 PM »
GGJohn (5,462 posts)
116. You couldn't be more wrong.

My grand children already are gun owners and hunters and they'll pass on to their children the virtues of gun ownership and hunting, who'll pass it on to their children and so on and so forth.

Now, just imagine millions upon millions of rural and millions of suburban families doing the same.

Just guessing ... DU-member GGJ's children and grandchildren probably haven't killed their children through abortion, so the reverse of LP's :stoner: -inspired extinction-of-gun-owners fantasy is more likely to happen than for it to come true.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 01:59:22 PM »
I love how they hate the cops until they need them to be their personal Gestapo to take guns and other rights away from people they oppose politically.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 03:51:33 AM »

My guess is the people who want to enforce the 2nd Amendment repeal already know this and have a back up plan.  They know the military would more than likely disobey this unlawful order too...so that leaves all those federal agencies that we've been scratching our collective head about with their huge ammo purchases.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0