Author Topic: I've been on a zoom for 2 hours  (Read 293 times)

Offline CC27

I've been on a zoom for 2 hours
« on: March 16, 2024, 03:20:07 PM »
barbtries

I've been on a zoom for 2 hours
at the county of Durham's convention. it is being held live but there was this remote option and I took it, because I'm still and perhaps from now on a bit of a recluse since the pandemic.

And I'm sitting here not really feeling it. I'm tired of these pep rallies where the whole message seems to be we didn't do enough. We must do more. It's our fault people don't vote. It's our fault republicans win. I'm not accepting the guilt. Suddenly I think I kind of get why people check out on politics. I'm sick of the dread of what's coming down the pike because of republicans. I hate canvassing, and don't think I'm good at it. I've phone banked with 0% success. I get so many texts every day that I block and delete automatically, so I'm not going to start texting for the democratic party in NC. I'm not about subjecting others to something I really detest for myself.

I'll write post cards. I will probably take opportunities to register voters. I've already started conversations with my neighbors. It's not enough. In a state like NC it feels like it will never be enough. I'm not accepting the guilt, but I am really tired of the dread and the fear and the near despair that being politically engaged at this moment in history comes with.

Here in NC the republicans have done plenty, all in bad faith, to ensure their supermajority in the general assembly. They're running a Qanon nutcase who has advocated for the assassination of Presidents Obama and Biden.
[link:https://www.wral.com/story/gop-nominee-to-run-north-carolina-public-schools-called-for-violence-against-democrats-including-executing-obama-and-biden/21329633/]

They're running a magat for governor whose goal is to end abortion in this state. https://cardinalpine.com/2024/02/15/audio-mark-robinsons-endgame-is-a-total-abortion-ban-starting-with-a-6-week-ban/

the dilemma for me is I can't turn it off. the stakes are too high. Millions of oblivious Americans do not even have a clue. A lot of them vote, but it's just an afterthought. Here in NC all they need to know is the letter after the name. these people could win. I've been engaged politically to one degree or another all my life; mostly just being a person who pays attention. There's no unringing that bell or putting that horse back into the barn.

So I applied to be an election worker. I will look for opportunities to register people to vote. And I'll be scared, pissed, and courting despair from here until November if not beyond.
/rant off

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218783413

What a whack job

Online Old n Grumpy

Re: I've been on a zoom for 2 hours
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 04:12:10 PM »
it, because I'm still and perhaps from now on a bit of a recluse since the pandemic.

Can you say  :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: I've been on a zoom for 2 hours
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 06:59:19 AM »
Quote from:
barbtries

20. I wish I had the money to give to all the good causes but I don't. I ran out of work last year and am on the poverty train at the moment. that's just a fact.

But, but, but..... Bidenomics!!

Quote from:

The barbtries primitive has been on the crazy train all her life. She's a perfect fit for DU.  :mental: :mental: :mental:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.