Author Topic: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 12/13  (Read 902 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/12/13/polish-politician-menorah-fire-extinguisher/

Far-right Polish politician puts out menorah with fire extinguisher

A white haze filled the air of Poland’s Parliament in Warsaw after a right-wing lawmaker extinguished the candles of a menorah Tuesday after it had been lit in celebration of Hanukkah.

A video posted by a Polish news outlet shows Grzegorz Braun, a member of the country’s Confederation party, spraying a red fire extinguisher toward the menorah’s candles. The incident delayed a vote of confidence for Donald Tusk, a centrist politician who was nominated Monday as prime minister, the Associated Press reported.

What the farfegnugen?  And what qualifies this butt weasel as right wing?   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 12/13
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 12:06:14 PM »
What the farfegnugen?  And what qualifies this butt weasel as right wing?   

The left are to embarrassed to claim him  :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 08:20:53 PM »
Former Facebook diversity head pleads guilty to stealing millions in kickback scheme, DOJ says
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/former-facebook-diversity-head-pleads-guilty-stealing-millions-kickback-scheme-doj-says

Furlow-Smiles committed the fraud by linking PayPal, Venmo, and Cash App accounts to credit cards given to her by Facebook and used those accounts to pay friends, relatives, former interns at a prior job, nannies, babysitters, a hairstylist and others for goods and services that were never provided to the company, a federal complaint states.

It was unclear if her associates were being charged in connection with the fraud.

After those people received the payments, they kicked back a percentage of the funds to Furlow-Smiles, prosecutors said. The kickbacks were paid in cash and through transfers to accounts in various names, including the husband of Furlow-Smiles, prosecutors allege.

Some of the kickbacks were allegedly paid in cash sometimes wrapped in T-shirts and other items, the FBI said. She also had Facebook hire vendors that were owned and operated by friends and associates who also paid kickbacks, authorities said.

Makes you wonder.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 08:22:05 PM »
Pennsylvania man takes local officials to court for First Amendment right infringement over front yard sign
https://www.foxnews.com/us/pennsylvania-man-takes-local-officials-court-first-amendment-right-infringement-front-yard-sign

A Pennsylvania man is taking Olyphant Borough officials to court after a sign he erected on his property was deemed illegal, allegedly infringing on his First Amendment right.

As a Marine veteran, Dave Bliler, his attorney said, understands how important it is to express one’s criticism of the government as it is a foundation of American values that soldiers have died to protect.

After growing frustrated with local government officials over the past several years, Bliler and his family wanted to speak out by erecting a four-by-eight-foot sign in front of their house.

The sign read, "F--- the Government."

Government cannot take criticism.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 08:23:20 PM »
Virginia DoorDash driver carjacked at gunpoint by 11-year-old: ‘Are you serious?’
https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-doordash-driver-carjacked-gunpoint-11-year-old-are-you-serious

A DoorDash driver in Richmond, Virginia, says she was carjacked at gunpoint by two people — including an 11-year-old boy — while making a delivery.

The driver, 40-year-old Deon Smith, told Scripss New Richmond she was completing a delivery at an apartment complex along the 400 block of Westover Hills Boulevard when she was approached by an 18-year-old man and an 11-year-old boy.

Smith said she initially thought they were asking for money, "but little did I know he was pointing a gun at me asking for my keys."

"When he told me that he was going to shoot me I was like, ‘Are you serious? You want to kill somebody at your age,’" Smith said, recalling the encounter.

Criminals are getting younger.

Police identified the 18-year-old as Jahlia Henley. He and the 11-year-old have been charged with robbery, police said.

The loss of her car has impacted her ability to get to her full-time job as a home health care nurse and to take care of her 10-year-old. She had just recently paid off her car.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 08:49:06 PM »
Chicago Mayor Sues Bus Firms Driving Migrants To The Windy City.
https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/12/12/chicago-mayor-sues-bus-firms-driving-migrants-to-the-windy-city/

Far-left Mayor of Chicago Brandon Johnson has filed 55 lawsuits against what he calls “rogue” bus companies transporting illegal migrants from the southern border to the city.

The suits impact 77 buses accused of violating rules brought in by Mayor Johnson in mid-November about where and when coaches can arrive. Mayor Johnson’s new rules allow for just two buses carrying migrants to arrive every hour, and state that buses can only arrive between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. The rules also require buses to ask for official approval to transport migrants. The city’s Department of Transportation has yet to receive any applications, however.

Chicago, however, “continues to welcome asylum-seekers but the city cannot safely and efficiently shelter migrants when bus companies, contracted by the State of Texas, flagrantly violate all safety measures that the city has put in place,” asserts Cassio Mendoza, a spokesman for Johnson.

Chicago is a Sanctuary City. They got their wish.
:ownit:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 10:04:00 PM »
Can't trust the search-engines, but Jill Biden's book has barely sold a thousand copies and the price has probably dropped below 4-bucks...  A real bargain in today's inflated climate.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2023, 10:24:16 PM »
Can't trust the search-engines, but Jill Biden's book has barely sold a thousand copies and the price has probably dropped below 4-bucks...  A real bargain in today's inflated climate.

Ooooh, in this phenomenal Bidenomics economy, I could use some good toilet paper at a price like that. :bigbird:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus