Author Topic: NJCher makes Tacos!  (Read 5439 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: NJCher makes Tacos!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 10:47:48 PM »
Liberal tacos >>>>> salad stuffed in a folded slice of bread. :drool:           :puke:
Almost forgot, smear it with Brie cheese.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 08:09:19 AM »
In updated DUmmie food news:  Did you have a craving for Chinese food tonight?  How about some delicious Kung Pao? You won't get it from the DUmmie Kitchens:

slopped around in some sauce.  Two out of my four most hated food items, brussels sprouts and chick peas.  No protein, as usual.  Oh, and as usual, there are always some hard to find ingredients that are expensive and you have to spend $20 in gas driving around to find:

Of course.  And throw immediately in the trash, even the dog won't eat it.

I don't mind brussels sprouts but you couldn't pay me to eat a chickpea.  And what is that crap they call it when they mash those things up?  It is absolutely disgusting.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2018, 08:13:51 AM »

I don't mind brussels sprouts but you couldn't pay me to eat a chickpea.  And what is that crap they call it when they mash those things up?  It is absolutely disgusting.

KC

Hummus.  To me, it isn't actually bad, it just ain't good, either.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2018, 12:11:56 PM »
I can stand one bite of it, then I'm through.  Sesame tasting wallpaper paste.  Vegetarians think it is absolute manna from Heaven.

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 12:34:00 PM »

I've never been able to stomach it.  It's a food that has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 08:29:49 PM »
I've never been able to stomach it.  It's a food that has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
Your first mistake is calling it food
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 08:31:39 PM »
Your first mistake is calling it food
Your right!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2018, 06:39:01 AM »

Yeah, that's it.  Nasty stuff.  F'n YUCK!  And KALE!  Oh jeezus, is there anything that smells worse than that stuff when it's been cooked?  I don't think a morgue would smell that bad if the coolers were out.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2018, 10:40:10 AM »
I think it's quite funny that they think they're smart enough to run the country, but they can't even make a taco. 

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2018, 08:14:35 PM »
I think it's quite funny that they think they're smart enough to run the country, but they can't even make a taco.
They expect to import taco benders to accomplish that task

Offline Karin

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2018, 08:57:17 PM »
Cher's dinner tonight just sounds tiresome, or maybe I'm exhausted.  What is this mess?

Thu Aug 16, 2018, 04:15 PM
 NJCher (21,686 posts)

What's for Dinner, Thurs., Aug. 16, 2018

For starters, Asian style salad with tossed greens, tangerine segments, cucumbers, peanuts, and mirin.

Sausages cooked in cast iron pan.

Cubanelle peppers with dried cranberries and pine nuts.

Quinoa-zucchini-scallion cakes.

For dessert, I'm mixing up the RG a blueberry-coconut milk-no-sugar ice cream shake.

What's in that sausage?  Tofu and kale?  Could I just have a burger & fries?  Stop with the friggin quinoa. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 07:52:47 AM »
Cher's dinner tonight just sounds tiresome, or maybe I'm exhausted.  What is this mess?

What's in that sausage?  Tofu and kale?  Could I just have a burger & fries?  Stop with the friggin quinoa.

Minus 2 points for not modifying the word 'Sausage' with something like 'Chicken asiago' or 'Vegetable protein.'

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2018, 07:55:29 AM »
Minus 2 points for not modifying the word 'Sausage' with something like 'Chicken asiago' or 'Vegetable protein.'

And a "cast iron pan"?  Shouldn't it be "a Calphalon Tri-ply copper frying pan"
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2018, 08:01:31 AM »
Most of that menu Karin posted above sounds meh (unless the sausages are better than I would expect a DUpipo to have), but the "Cubanelle peppers with dried cranberries and pine nuts" sounds like a really weird combination.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2018, 10:38:00 AM »

The cast-iron pan is kind of a current nutri-nazi foodie cult shiny object, I can't cut any points on that one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2018, 10:40:51 AM »

Remember that we're dealing with a DUmmie womyn.

The proper cooking vessel would be a 'cauldron.'  :whistling: :stirpot:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2018, 11:05:16 AM »
The cast-iron pan is kind of a current nutri-nazi foodie cult shiny object, I can't cut any points on that one.

A hot cast-iron pan is useful for searing the outside of meats, and there is a reason it's good technique (if you have the time). But like all fads it's gone over the top. If you have a hankering for one, wait a couple years and you should find several at people's garage/yard sales.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2018, 12:02:43 PM »
A hot cast-iron pan is useful for searing the outside of meats, and there is a reason it's good technique (if you have the time). But like all fads it's gone over the top. If you have a hankering for one, wait a couple years and you should find several at people's garage/yard sales.

We have a couple.  My wife makes great cornbread in one of them.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2018, 01:26:18 PM »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt DUpipo would stoop (as they would see it) to eating cornbread. Too Deplorable-ish.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2018, 02:55:16 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt DUpipo would stoop (as they would see it) to eating cornbread. Too Deplorable-ish.

Not totally certain, but isn't cornbread kind of cultural appropriation?  Of the South and perhaps African Americans?  That might trigger leftist snowflakes.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2018, 03:07:43 PM »
Not totally certain, but isn't cornbread kind of cultural appropriation?  Of the South and perhaps African Americans?  That might trigger leftist snowflakes.

Maybe. I mainly know cornbread as very tasty.  :-)

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2018, 04:58:10 PM »
I hope they don't discover the delicacy that possum is. That would offend my Appalachian sensibilities

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2018, 05:18:09 PM »

I almost bought one yesterday in an Ace Hardware in the Central Adirondacks.  If I had more money on me, I would have.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »
Maybe. I mainly know cornbread as very tasty.  :-)

I have always loved cornbread, my mom never made it often enough to suit me when I was a kid though.  My dad hated it--he grew up during the depression and ate it so often that he got sick of it and never got nostalgic for it.  :(
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Karin

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2018, 07:02:23 PM »
Not to humblebrag, but my cast iron pan is 100 years old.  And yeah, the cornbread with bacon grease generously slathered on the bottom (I mean, a LOT), is sooo good.