Author Topic: 2012 Presidential Matchups  (Read 916 times)

Offline formerlurker

2012 Presidential Matchups
« on: September 26, 2011, 07:54:04 PM »
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows Obama earning 44% support from Likely U.S. Voters, while Perry picks up 38% of the vote.  Ten percent (10%) prefer some other candidate, and another eight percent (8%) are undecided.  (To see survey question wording, click here.)
These findings show little change from two weeks ago when the president held a 46% to 39% advantage over Perry.  In late August, Perry edged Obama 44% to 41%.  A week before that, the two candidates were similarly matched with Obama slightly ahead 43% to 40%.
The latest survey was taken on Thursday evening, the same night as the GOP debate in Florida, and on Friday evening.Perry carries just 68% of Republicans, while Obama has the backing of 77% of Democrats. Voters not affiliated with either party prefer the incumbent 40% to 29%, with 31% either undecided or in favor of another candidate.

Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney remains the GOP hopeful who runs best against the president, with the two candidates essentially tied. Former Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann continues to fade in the latest hypothetical 2012 matchup with Obama. The president is now ahead of the congresswoman by 16 points, 48% to 32%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/2012_presidential_matchups

I think now would be a good time for Cain to start dropping some serious money to keep his momentum going.   35% and a nice showing in Florida  is not that far from the top.

When I am asked here by Democrats/Independents in MA who I support, I am very noncommittal (cause I honestly don't have a clue yet) and mention Cain's name as someone I am watching.    Never fails the response I get is "who?" 

He needs to get out there and the only way to do it is $$.

Offline thundley4

Re: 2012 Presidential Matchups
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:02:21 PM »
For several decades the winner of the Florida straw poll has been the GOP nominee.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 04:20:22 AM »
For several decades the winner of the Florida straw poll has been the GOP nominee.

Really?    I didn't know that.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 08:06:48 AM »

It was mentioned last night that was for the last 30 years.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town