Author Topic: DU response to Obama's failed attempt to exclude Fox..  (Read 1837 times)

Offline terry

DU response to Obama's failed attempt to exclude Fox..
« on: October 23, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »
joeycola  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Oct-23-09 12:30 PM
Original message
White House's Fox News Boycott Attempt Prompts Network Revolt

First Posted: 10-23-09 09:56 AM | Updated: 10-23-09 10:16 AM

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/23/white-houses-f...

White House's Fox News Boycott Attempt Prompts Network Revolt

The White House attempted to block Fox News from a round of interviews with "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg Thursday, but the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks included in the White House pool refused to interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included.

Fox News says that the White House "failed in its attempt to manipulate other news networks into isolating and excluding Fox News."

The attempt to shut Fox News out was the latest move in the administration's ongoing battle against the cable news channel, which several senior administration officials have claimed is not a legitimate news organization.

The decision by the network bureau chiefs to stand with Fox News is one of the first instances of the mainstream media defending Fox News against the White House's claims.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/23/white-houses-f...

Link

WeDidIt  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Oct-23-09 12:35 PM
Response to Original message
3. Then the White House should shut them all out.

Seriously.

If the white house is freezing out one network and the other networks don't like it, fine.

:whatever:  Yea the Whitehouse should only talk to Rawstory and Michael Moore.

There is nothing really surprising but this is interesting..

LisaM  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Oct-23-09 01:09 PM
18. OK, so here's what I think.

I don't think Obama necessarily wants to ban Fox. He is just trying to make it clear to viewers that they shouldn't believe what they hear there.

Yea because we all need Obama to tell us who to to listen too.

Just like we need Obama to tell us who to talk to, who our doctors should be, how much money we should make, how we should educate our children.

It really is sort of pathetic that they think so little of themselves.

Offline thundley4

Re: DU response to Obama's failed attempt to exclude Fox..
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »
LisaM  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Oct-23-09 01:09 PM
18. OK, so here's what I think.

I don't think Obama necessarily wants to ban Fox. He is just trying to make it clear to viewers that they shouldn't believe what they hear there.

First of all, DUmmies don't think, they only parrot what they are told to.  Secondly, Lord Zero was hoping for a different outcome. He thought the others would toe the line, now he's just hoping they got the message to not oppose his agenda and to not cover stories that Fox breaks.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 01:25:37 PM »
I gotta know.  Has ANYONE asked these folks why they don't like Fox News?  I know they hate it but I can't figure out why.

Fox is more centrist than the rest of the media but they still aren't 'right'.  I see both sides of issues presented on Fox more often than I see it presented on any other channels ....

Can any of those folks cite specific instances of things Fox has done they don't care for?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:29:03 PM »
I gotta know.  Has ANYONE asked these folks why they don't like Fox News?  I know they hate it but I can't figure out why.

Fox is more centrist than the rest of the media but they still aren't 'right'.  I see both sides of issues presented on Fox more often than I see it presented on any other channels ....

Can any of those folks cite specific instances of things Fox has done they don't care for?

KC

They hate Fox News because Beck, Hannity and O'Lielly have shows there.  They can't distinguish between "news" and "commentaries"
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Doombot

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 01:30:30 PM »

KC

They didn't worship the Obamessiah like the DUmmies wanted them to.

And don't forget that anyone not as leftist as Chairman Mao is on the "right" to them. That is, anyone who wouldn't let them beat up people who have more than them and steal their things.

Offline Chump

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »

KC

Stay with me here.  Fox doesn't demonstrate an open liberal bias in its reporting of the news.  Therefore, Fox is incredibly biased and not really a news organization.  The end.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 01:33:53 PM »
I gotta know.  Has ANYONE asked these folks why they don't like Fox News?  I know they hate it but I can't figure out why.

Fox is more centrist than the rest of the media but they still aren't 'right'.  I see both sides of issues presented on Fox more often than I see it presented on any other channels ....

KC

Simple.....FOX's MO generally centers around having an issue put forth with a member of both sides participating in the debate........often the Democrat is made to look foolish in these situations, due to the fact that they are accustomed to stating their case in a vacuum, without opposition, as the rest of the MSM allows them to do, "interview style".

Democrats do not enjoy public debate, and generally prefer that it be done behind closed doors.....one would only have to look at the relative IQ of the Democratic members of congress to see why they dislike this format.........

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 01:37:29 PM »
Basically y'all are saying if they don't have a John Stewart or Steven Colbert aire about them then it isn't real news?!  LOL

Seriously.  I never could figure out why they hate Fox News so much.  Hell Fox does stuff that pisses me off but the bottom line is;  It is what it is.  The news isn't created (I mean SHOULDN'T be created) by the news orgs .... it is simply supposed to be reported.

I just wondered if any of them ever cite specific examples. 

They are such a bunch of frickin' cry babies.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 01:51:16 PM »

KC

You have to realize that these clowns think NPR is a right leaning news outlet. :mental:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 01:54:50 PM »
They hate Fox News because Beck, Hannity and O'Lielly have shows there.  They can't distinguish between "news" and "commentaries"

Neither can Obama....he only considers it "news" if it's in his favor.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline bkg

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 01:56:31 PM »

Neither can Obama....he only considers it "news" if it's in his favor.

spot-on

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 02:03:23 PM »
Scratch a liberal, find a fascist.

ej510 (1000+ posts)           Fri Oct-23-09 12:50 PM
Response to Reply #10
11. If faux is exposed the rest of the media will be exposed.

Shut the corporate media out.

Vidar (1000+ posts)             Fri Oct-23-09 02:39 PM
24. Exclude them all. Give it to public access channels.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 02:08:13 PM »
idar (1000+ posts)             Fri Oct-23-09 02:39 PM
24. Exclude them all. Give it to public access channels.

Haha.. can you imagine the press conferences? A room full of tattooed and pierced reporters wearing bdsm leather gear.  :whatever:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 02:10:57 PM »
This all goes back to what we've known all along:  Liberals want no opinions voiced except those that agree with them, and the only media they want are those who will report as fact what they want presented and in the way they wanted it presented.  If there were any opposition opinions voiced -- that's a big IF -- their first choice would be to have them summarily executed.  Seeing as they aren't quite to that point, then they might be willing to have conservatives voice their opinion provided that a liberals could immediately follow behind their comments with their counter argument, but that would be the end of the discussion.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 02:23:12 PM »
Haha.. can you imagine the press conferences? A room full of tattooed and pierced reporters wearing bdsm leather gear.  :whatever:

The DUmmies would like that.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 02:32:14 PM »
The DUmmies would like that.

Oh My. The things you can find on the interwebz !!!!

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 02:35:10 PM »

OK, i gotta know what your google image search terms were for that.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 02:35:42 PM »

thank God I'd already swallowed the water I just took a sip of or I would have had a mess to clean up....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline thundley4

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »

KC

1) Exposing Van Jones

2) Exposing ACORN
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 02:43:21 PM »
1) Exposing Van Jones

2) Exposing ACORN

geesh....just had to go straight for the details, didn't ya?

:tongue:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »

geesh....just had to go straight for the details, didn't ya?

:tongue:

Let's go back to the beginning. MONICA LEWINSKI.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
Let's go back to the beginning. MONICA LEWINSKI.

Monica was exposed?

I thought it was Slick Willy that was exposed......

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 03:02:39 PM »

H5!  Don't forget the body odor. 

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »

Would that be SMNBC?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!