Author Topic: malaise reminds us we are all racists...  (Read 30149 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
malaise reminds us we are all racists...
« on: July 28, 2019, 05:54:39 PM »
Star Member malaise (192,995 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212326545

THe next time a ReTHUG member of Congress refers to his friends on the other side
Last edited Sun Jul 28, 2019, 06:06 PM - Edit history (1)

I want a response stating that Congressmen and Congresswomen X and Y have no friends who do not condemn racism, misogyny and kidnapping children and putting them in concentration camps.

I am sick of watching Dems give these deplorable scumbags a pass.

That is all

:whistling:

2. You don't play nice with these criminals

racists, women haters and scumbags

... the Clintons?

Star Member panader0 (18,834 posts)

8. It wasn't the Dems who ended the decorum of Congress.

It started even before the "You lie!" yell at Obama.
It has gone down hill so fast it's unreal.
The "Honorable" so and so is BS.
I agree with you.

On May 22, 1856, the "world's greatest deliberative body" became a combat zone. In one of the most dramatic and deeply ominous moments in the Senate's entire history, a member of the House of Representatives entered the Senate Chamber and savagely beat a senator into unconsciousness.

The inspiration for this clash came three days earlier when Senator Charles Sumner, a Massachusetts antislavery Republican, addressed the Senate on the explosive issue of whether Kansas should be admitted to the Union as a slave state or a free state. In his "Crime Against Kansas" speech, Sumner identified two Democratic senators as the principal culprits in this crime—Stephen Douglas of Illinois and Andrew Butler of South Carolina. He characterized Douglas to his face as a "noise-some, squat, and nameless animal . . . not a proper model for an American senator."  Andrew Butler, who was not present, received more elaborate treatment. Mocking the South Carolina senator's stance as a man of chivalry, the Massachusetts senator charged him with taking "a mistress . . . who, though ugly to others, is always lovely to him; though polluted in the sight of the world, is chaste in his sight—I mean," added Sumner, "the harlot, Slavery."

Representative Preston Brooks was Butler's South Carolina kinsman. If he had believed Sumner to be a gentleman, he might have challenged him to a duel. Instead, he chose a light cane of the type used to discipline unruly dogs. Shortly after the Senate had adjourned for the day, Brooks entered the old chamber, where he found Sumner busily attaching his postal frank to copies of his "Crime Against Kansas" speech.

Moving quickly, Brooks slammed his metal-topped cane onto the unsuspecting Sumner's head. As Brooks struck again and again, Sumner rose and lurched blindly about the chamber, futilely attempting to protect himself. After a very long minute, it ended.

Bleeding profusely, Sumner was carried away.  Brooks walked calmly out of the chamber without being detained by the stunned onlookers. Overnight, both men became heroes in their respective regions.

Surviving a House censure resolution, Brooks resigned, was immediately reelected, and soon thereafter died at age 37. Sumner recovered slowly and returned to the Senate, where he remained for another 18 years. The nation, suffering from the breakdown of reasoned discourse that this event symbolized, tumbled onward toward the catastrophe of civil war.

Sumner appeared not to have noticed Brooks’s approach and, despite the attacker’s later claim that he announced his intentions at once, he proceeded to pummel Sumner with the cane, giving the taller man not even half a chance to stand up and defend himself. Brooks himself reported to have hit Sumner thirty times, maybe more. It is known that the cane broke in the process of the beating and that Sumner’s desk did not survive the ordeal either; his size not permitting an easy escape, the desk was torn from the bolts holding it to the floor and it, along with Sumner, collapsed in a heap on the ground.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: malaise reminds us we are all racists...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 06:16:40 PM »
mal's pissed, all must be right with the world. :lmao:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 06:41:38 PM »
Sounds like Congressman Preston Brooks and his get in their faces and push back attitude would fit right in with the current democrats like Maxine Waters.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 08:34:17 AM »
Sumner appeared not to have noticed Brooks’s approach and, despite the attacker’s later claim that he announced his intentions at once, he proceeded to pummel Sumner with the cane, giving the taller man not even half a chance to stand up and defend himself. Brooks himself reported to have hit Sumner thirty times, maybe more. It is known that the cane broke in the process of the beating and that Sumner’s desk did not survive the ordeal either; his size not permitting an easy escape, the desk was torn from the bolts holding it to the floor and it, along with Sumner, collapsed in a heap on the ground.
A sucker punching *****. Change cane to bike lock and Brooks could have been a member of ANTIFA.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 02:00:06 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212326545

THe next time a ReTHUG member of Congress refers to his friends on the other side

I want a response stating that Congressmen and Congresswomen X and Y have no friends who do not condemn racism, misogyny and kidnapping children and putting them in concentration camps.

My response to you is **** YOU
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 02:27:54 PM »
Given where mal lives, I can understand why she would defend the "honor" of US urban hell-holes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 06:33:58 PM »
Reminder from Ralphie: Malaise is still an abject flaming ****ing moron.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 09:01:40 AM »
Reminder from Ralphie: Malaise is still an abject flaming ****ing moron.

And a Jamaican citizen as well.  It has “no dog in this fight.”
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 09:23:36 AM »
And a Jamaican citizen as well.  It has “no dog in this fight.”

mal needs to distract herself from the Hell-hole-hood of her neighborhood and country. It's easier than fixing it, especially since what might possibly fix Jamaica is things she has opposed pretty much her whole life.