Author Topic: Is it rude to ask people if they have been vaccinated?  (Read 596 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Is it rude to ask people if they have been vaccinated?
« on: March 28, 2021, 08:46:25 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215278430

Joe Nation
Is it rude to ask people if they have been vaccinated?

I ask because I have recently run into a few people that have not been vaccinated when the opportunity arose but only because they have decided that they were against vaccinations, and specifically, this one. These are people that regularly get their annual flu shots, have had all of their school vaccinations at some point and have had their kids vaccinated as well.

I am beginning to worry that the hemming and hawing they are doing is out of embarrassment and it feels like I'm being rude even innocently asking them. I feel excited that I got mine and would be excited for them as well. It is almost standard that this question comes up in day-to-day conversations and I am realizing that I know a lot more conservatives than I thought I did.

I'm in no position to lecture any of these people on their personal choices but I wonder if it is I who is being rude by even asking them? This is new territory and I am unsure how to approach this subject with people and with all of the implications that go along with either getting or not getting the vaccine. Help!

Now do HIV.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Is it rude to ask people if they have been vaccinated?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 08:08:37 AM »
If you have been vaccinated what difference - to you - does it make whether or not I'm vaccinated?

It's like they're asking if I locked the doors to my house to keep their completely separate house from being burglarized.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 08:54:18 AM »
 :thatsright:  :thatsright: Of course it's rude, and stupid. :thatsright:  :thatsright:  Don't you trust your Magic Mask to protect you?

:thatsright: And since DUmmie Joe Nation shows (s)he is too stooopid to "get it", an anti-vaxxer doesn't "need" to be asked whether they've been vaccinated. Even some idiots would realize the answer would be, "No!" :thatsright: And since DUmmie Joe Nation is probably too stoooooopid to understand this, a person who has recovered from Covid may not need to be vaccinated. They got their immunity the hard way.

Is DUmmie Joe Nation a LPC noob posting stupidity to get DUmp Cred?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 09:51:42 AM »
Don't worry, soon you will get your official, Biden approved, vaccination armband, to be worn at all times so everyone knows who got their shot and who didn't. 

Now do HIV.

KC

I'm sure the moonbats go to the free clinic for their HIV tests together before hooking up, so that's not an issue, right?   :rotf:

Actually with so much HIPPA fertilizer written into everything, why should anyone be asking or announcing their vaccination status?  Isn't that an invasion of our medical privacy?   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 04:43:46 PM »
And since DUmmie Joe Nation is probably too stoooooopid to understand this, a person who has recovered from Covid may not need to be vaccinated. They got their immunity the hard way.

Don't bet on that. It seems that some doctors are recommending the shot even after recovering from the WuFlu.  They still won't say that someone is immune after recovering.  They still don't even know how long the vaccines are effective.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 05:32:42 PM »
Doctors' advice, at this point, is for recovered patients to wait three months after recovery. Why, I don't know.

It is known that recovered people have antibodies against the Covid virus, and T-cells that will "remember" how to make those antibodies again, months later.

Similarly, it is known that vaccinated people have antibodies against the Covid virus, and T-cells that will "remember" how to make those antibodies again, months later.

The reason we do not know how long those immunities will last is that Covid has only been in circulation in the US a bit over a year (some 16 months, counting the very earliest known), and while it is known that the antibodies persist in significant levels for as long as we have data, it cannot be known how long those immunities will last.

My opinion, currently, is that doctors are either poorly informed (due to being very busy people) or are being ultra-cautious, and are advising recovered people to receive vaccinations they do not need.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 05:57:35 PM »
Doctors' advice, at this point, is for recovered patients to wait three months after recovery. Why, I don't know.

It is known that recovered people have antibodies against the Covid virus, and T-cells that will "remember" how to make those antibodies again, months later.

I read something about T-cells the other day. People who have had past infections from other strains of the corona virus may have some immunity from COVID-19 from their T-cells.