Author Topic: poll: whether or not.....  (Read 1475 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
poll: whether or not.....
« on: March 27, 2021, 09:20:15 PM »
Apparently the primitives are boycotting a cola for some silly reason.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: poll: whether or not.....
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 09:50:15 PM »
I'm sure the cola will be furious.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 10:12:20 PM »
Things go better with Coke!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 11:06:49 PM »
I always purchased Coke. Until, they recently became very concerned about my whitness. So, after a lifetime I am a Pepsi. drinker. I'm sure they're no better, but what the hell...

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 03:35:52 AM »
Kinda interesting I guess, but recently found out that all those house brand colas are actually RC. Sams club, Kroger, etc are all the same.

The coca cola whiteness controversy has been really difficult for me since I'm not a coffee drinker and staying awake is critical for the job. Guess there's always dr. Pepper if I can't darken my skin quick enough.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 08:23:53 AM »
Among colas I used to prefer Pepsi, but more recently I found it overly sweet. I prefer DP to colas, anyway.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline MAGA2024

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 08:47:14 AM »
A&W Root Beer

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 08:55:35 AM »
I started my full conversion here over 40years ago.

https://i.insider.com/5307bccb69beddde6410c7a0?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Now it’s the house brand cans at my local H-E-B
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 09:21:42 AM »
A&W Root Beer

Unfortunately, the only A&W I know of here in Silicon Valley has been so badly mis-mangled that we don't go there, even though it's just a 5 minute drive.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2021, 10:26:14 AM »
Either Coke or Pepsi of the diet variety personally.

Due to the pearl clutching of the left, the woke twitterati are "demanding" that the Masters golf tournament in Augusta and Major League Baseball game in Atlanta be moved.  Not ever happening with the Masters.  Baseball I suppose would cave, but I doubt it.

Boycotts never work, in fact lib outrage usually causes the reverse to happen.  Ask Goya foods, Chic-Fil-A, Hobby Lobby, etc.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline MAGA2024

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 11:39:17 AM »
Unfortunately, the only A&W I know of here in Silicon Valley has been so badly mis-mangled that we don't go there, even though it's just a 5 minute drive.

I buy them in the grocery store.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 11:52:50 AM »
Does anybody know what Coca Cola did to earn Proggies' ire? Or is this over GA's new election fraud reduction law?

Offline MAGA2024

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2021, 12:48:51 PM »
Does anybody know what Coca Cola did to earn Proggies' ire? Or is this over GA's new election fraud reduction law?

It was just a week or two ago that Coke was telling white people to be less white, just like the "Proggies" want:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/coca-cola-racism-robin-diangelo-coke-b1806122.html
"Coca-Cola has come under fire from conservative critics, who have accused the drinks brand of reverse racism, after it used a training video that encouraged staff to “try to be less white”."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2021, 01:31:19 PM »
Anyone know who Coke’s largest buyer is? That’s right, McDonalds. Second is Wal-Mart. So unless Dems are going to boycott McDonalds, Walmart, etc....!!! They also have a huge international market.

Also, black people generally don’t drink dark colas, they drink Sprite. That tells me that if they truly want to show solidarity, the Dems need to boycott just Sprite and drink 7-up instead. But as typical, libs can’t think that far ahead.

If Coke folds to the libs, it’ll be because they want to, not because they have to.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2021, 01:50:28 PM »

Is that the KFC/A&W on Bascom Ave in Campbell?
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 02:57:36 PM »
I drink either Shasta or Faygo diet root beer. If I need a cold drink from a vending machine it's usually Diet Mt. Dew.

Growing up, RC was the only pop my family bought and that wasn't very often.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 04:38:39 PM »

That's the one. It was in terrible shape, despite being relatively new (the old KFC that had been there was torn down and replaced), and some basic equipment (the root beer fountain!) didn't work. It's been years since we've gone there. A refurbish/rebuild was done in the past year or two but we've not looked in.

There used to be an A&W on Winchester near downtown Cambell, but it's long gone. There also used to be one in Eastridge Mall but it shut down quite a few years ago for a mall refurb and I don't know whether they ever re-opened. Oakridge, Valley Fair, and Santana Row are much closer to us.

Offline MAGA2024

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 04:40:14 PM »
I drink either Shasta or Faygo diet root beer. If I need a cold drink from a vending machine it's usually Diet Mt. Dew.

Growing up, RC was the only pop my family bought and that wasn't very often.

>> Commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT8fhKun6p8

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 05:27:10 PM »
I have never indulged much in any colas or any other bottled sodas.  Don't really enjoy fizzy drinks.

I prefer ice water spiked with cranberry juice.  It tastes good & is good for you. 
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2021, 05:32:38 PM »
I have never indulged much in any colas or any other bottled sodas.  Don't really enjoy fizzy drinks.

I prefer ice water spiked with cranberry juice.  It tastes good & is good for you.

Vodka spiked with cranberry juice ain't too bad either
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2021, 06:00:24 PM »
That's the one. It was in terrible shape, despite being relatively new (the old KFC that had been there was torn down and replaced), and some basic equipment (the root beer fountain!) didn't work. It's been years since we've gone there. A refurbish/rebuild was done in the past year or two but we've not looked in.

There used to be an A&W on Winchester near downtown Cambell, but it's long gone. There also used to be one in Eastridge Mall but it shut down quite a few years ago for a mall refurb and I don't know whether they ever re-opened. Oakridge, Valley Fair, and Santana Row are much closer to us.

Looked on Google maps and found another A&W at Meridian and Blossom Hill in the shopping center there. Not sure if it's any good (3.8 star rating). The next closest are in Capitola and Gilroy but, if I'm in Gilroy, I'd rather go to Sonic than A&W.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2021, 06:17:57 PM »

The mention on Bascom Ave brings back memories of when I lived om Homestead blvd in Sunnyvale across the street from the HP campus, now the Apple mothetship...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2021, 06:36:52 PM »
Vodka spiked with cranberry juice ain't too bad either

I wouldn't turn that down either, when offered it.  :) 

Just don't ever attempt to serve me martinis, as once happened years ago ...

I took teeny-tiny sips & begged for more olives to chew on!

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Articulate Ape

• ad hominid
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 12:03:17 AM »
A&W Root Beer

This is definitely my favorite soda. Good call.
Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2021, 05:46:50 AM »
Just wish these fool companies would keep their fool mouths shut on politics and just take money
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)