Author Topic: DUmmy Raven Spins A Verbatim Bouncy - It's A Family Tradition  (Read 513 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmy Raven Spins A Verbatim Bouncy - It's A Family Tradition
« on: August 13, 2009, 08:19:10 PM »
Many will recall DUmmy William Rivers Pitt, back in the days before he became worthless, those pre-Fitzmas days when he was the magic man, the legendary Pied Piper Pitt. Those were the days, my friend, he thought they'd never end, wearing his Midnight Cowboy costume while rubbing shoulders and slapping fire ants with the ditch witch. Every post he made would immediately attract dozens of fawning DUmmy sycophants, praising his wisdom, calling him "Mr. Pitt", even when he described his rebuffed homosexual advance toward the actor Kevin Spacey. His normal bouncy pattern was a long winded description of an imaginary encounter with someone so stupid as to question democrat orthodoxy. DUmmy Pitt would dispense his solemn wisdom, and the miscreant would be brought into the light with a new understanding of truth and beauty.

In Pitt's bouncies, he would always remember and recreate the incredibly long and boring conversation verbatim. Even though he would confess to extreme drunkenness, his memory was always verbatim.

Now his mother, whom one would expect to live in a state of constant humiliation, comes through with a bouncy every bit as ludicrous as those her forty-plus-year-old dependent used to spin. In this one, DUmmy Raven recalls, verbatim, a conversation she had in 1969:

Raven  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-13-09 07:06 PM
Original message
A story about the 60's...that is if you can stand another story from an old fart!
I was married in 1969. Five months after I was married my husband was sent to Vietnam. I lived with college friends in Washington DC while I finished up Graduate School at GW University. Our apartment was not far from the National Mall which was the site of many demonstrations of both anti-war groups and pro-war groups.

One Saturday there was a demonstration scheduled for the "Honor America" organization. This was a pro-war group (in case you didn't guess). I happened to be down at a service station in my neighborhood picking up my car which had been in for repairs. People were coming back from this particular demonstration who had parked their cars at this particular station. I was standing, waiting for my car to come around when a family approached me...Mom, Dad, Aunt Uncle, kids...at this point you should know that I was 23, had long hair and was wearing jeans (clean ones). The father looked at me with utter disgust on his face and sneered "You are just the kind of people we're demonstrating against!" Really, he said that to me. Somehow I managed to collect myself and told him "And you are the people my husband has been sent to Vietnam to "protect"? I guess this country has made a grave mistake." Fortunately, my car came and I could leave.

There is a lesson somewhere in this and it has something to do with ignorant, hateful people who represent the triumph of ideology over intelligence.

Some things never change, do they?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6298377
No, DUmmy Raven, they don't. Your bouncy and those of your useless offspring are nearly identical.

As usual, an entertaining bouncy like DUmmy Raven's inspires a lesser DUmmy to spin off one of his own:
tularetom  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-13-09 07:29 PM
Response to Original message
3. Heres one from an even older fart.
I was at SFO airport to pickup my brother coming in from Hawaii after service in the Navy in Vietnam. As we exited the terminal we saw a scroungy looking hippie sitting on the curb waiting fro a ride. Two soldiers came by grabbed the hippie/s back pack and started to play keep away with it. I wanted to go help the guy but my brother, in Navy uniform, did not want to get involved. As it turned out it was a moot point. An old Chevy panel truck pulled up and three great big hairy biker/mountain man looking guys jumped out and started whaling on those soldiers. At that point we started to go to help the soldiers but the cops were heading for the fight and the hippies saw them coming jumped in the truck and hauled ass before the cops could stop them. Those soldiers were pretty well ****ed up.

I always tell this story to people who want to feed me some bullshit about people spitting on soldiers back in the Vietnam day.
Those imaginary hippies and their imaginary mountain men buddies are just lucky that TomInTib wasn't one of the imaginary soldiers.

DUmmy Raven is so impressive, she's causing the DUmp to hemmorhage bouncies. The next one is a nice job of fictional reminiscing by DUmmy msedano, but then he goes and spoils it with an "Easy Rider"-type ending:
msedano (564 posts)      Thu Aug-13-09 07:59 PM
7. kindness of strangers
I was married in August 1968, drafted in time for Thanksgiving that year, but got it postponed until January 1969. What a wretched holiday season, me doing push-ups her worrying I'd get my ass shot up in Vietnam.

During AIT at Ft. Ord, where my wife had moved to be near her newlywed hubbie, we'd take weekends up to San Juan Bautista, a California Mission village. The Almaden Wineries had a tasting room there. The barkeep would allow two small sample glasses and that's it. When he saw me with my short hair he figured me for a GI. He smiled, placed a full bottle in front of us, and walked away. He did that every weekend we showed up. One of those visits we'd drunk our jolly selves high and were hungry. In the village we smelled barbeque. I tracked down the place next to a bar. I counted my change--I never had money naturally--and had just enough for one plate. I stepped up to the woman selling tickets and laid down my coins. She swept it up and handed it back to me, told me there was no charge for two plates and all we could eat if we wanted more. Gente made room for us at a picnic table and we ate and they sang songs for us.

Best irony of the 60s for me. The night before I reported for induction, my friends and I were cruising Santa Barbara. Around midnight, when I didn't take off fast enough from a stop sign for a beat up pickup truck, the cowboy hat in my rearview mirror rammed my vehicle hard, then sped around us screaming "**** you four F". I laughed hysterically but my friends were pissed. My wife cried.

Finally, DUmmy Contrary1 caps off the evenings storytelling with a rare slut bouncy, still with the ability to recreate 40-year-old conversations word for word. One can only imagine what really happened:
Contrary1  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-13-09 08:19 PM
9. Here's another story:
Back in 1968, when I was campaigning for Robert Kennedy, I met a very nice young man who happened to be black. We ran into each other a lot after our first meeting, mainly downtown, where we passed out brochures and bumper stickers.

One night I got distracted, and missed the last bus that would take me near to my home. He offered me a ride, and I gladly accepted. Thirty minutes later, I pointed out my house to him. He stopped at the end of my driveway, and asked me to get out there, so that my neighbors would not get the "wrong idea". I argued, he refused to back down.

Finally, I said to him "Well, I am not getting out of this car, until you pull up to my door, so if you are worried about someone getting the wrong idea, we best not stay parked here too long."

He relented. A couple weeks later, Bobby died, and we never saw each other again.

Have you noticed how the DUmmies have stopped using "So" as the standard introduction to a bouncy?
For people who have spent the intervening four decades in a drug-induced haze, these DUmmies claim some impressive memory skills.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: DUmmy Raven Spins A Verbatim Bouncy - It's A Family Tradition
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 08:32:44 PM »
Wow.

I can't wait to hear the Rita Hayworth primitive's bouncy.

And the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive's tale.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline lastparker

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:46:01 AM »
Raven  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-13-09 07:06 PM
Original message
I lived with college friends in Washington DC while I finished up Graduate School at GW University.

Currently THE MOST EXPENSIVE university in the country.
I happened to be down at a service station in my neighborhood picking up my car which had been in for repairs.

A car?  IN DC???  Nobody in DC needs a car.  How un-environmentally aware.  Didn't they teach her anything at GW?
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 09:53:55 AM »
there was a demonstration scheduled for the "Honor America" organization. This was a pro-war group (in case you didn't guess).

Of course.  With such a name like Honor America, it must be full of stinking Freeper trolls. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 10:07:26 AM »
A car?  IN DC???  Nobody in DC needs a car.  How un-environmentally aware.  Didn't they teach her anything at GW?
You have to give her a pass on that. This was 1969, when most democrats were still sane, and moonbats were a smelly, hairy,
addled minority. They had not yet invented "the planet", and it was only a few years after they had outlawed throwing litter
out of your car window.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 10:13:15 AM »
tularetom  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-13-09 07:29 PM
3. Heres one from an even older fart.
I was at SFO airport to pickup my brother coming in from Hawaii after service in the Navy in Vietnam.

Tularetom...TominTib...brothers?!?  Can it be?

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Online jukin

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »
We could power a methane plant for ten years with just that thread.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 11:55:44 AM »
Many will recall DUmmy William Rivers Pitt, back in the days before he became worthless, those pre-Fitzmas days when he was the magic man, the legendary Pied Piper Pitt.

Now now, he is, after all, a New York Times AND International Best Selling Author.

:lmao: