Author Topic: DUmmie calls congresscritters shitheads  (Read 784 times)

Offline thundley4

DUmmie calls congresscritters shitheads
« on: August 11, 2009, 11:43:16 AM »
CRF450 (1000+ posts)             Mon Aug-10-09 11:43 PM
Original message
Read the bill you shitheads!!

Seriously, that is the oldest complaint EVER by the right wing and its been so for a few months. They complain about it being 1,000 pages long, I've just read the 4th Harry Potter book which is near 800 pages in 4 DAYS!!! If they put half the the time and effort reading the bill than rallying against the Obama admin they'd be getting somewhere. These people are so lost its barely even funny.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6272080

Many of the people protesting have read the bill or at least enough to know that it sucks. OTOH, not many of the congress critters have read it, they just make sure that what they want is in there.
JonQ (1000+ posts)           Mon Aug-10-09 11:46 PM
Response to Original message
2. Too be fair

harry potter and a congressional bill are not written in the same manner.

These bills are written by people who are masters of legalese and obfuscation, they aren't intended to be easily intelligible by the common man, or even a particularly well educated citizen not familiar with this writing style. There's a reason it's 1000 pages long.

Besides which, you don't have to consider future ramifications, legal issues, and constitutional concerns when reading harry potter.

This description applies to every bill, not just this one, BTW. The people in DC (either party) work very hard to make sure it is a difficult as possible to figure out what they're doing in our name.
This DUmmie comes close to getting how government works.
underseasurveyor   (1000+ posts)           Mon Aug-10-09 11:54 PM
Response to Original message
7. If they had the capacity to read and understand the bill

It might become glaringly obvious that the right-wing wackos they listen too... LIE... BLATANTLY... and yet these shitheads just keep eatin it all up without questioning a damn thing.
Are your projectionist dues up to date?

Offline jukin

Re: DUmmie calls congresscritters shitheads
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:06:46 PM »
We have read the bill.  That is why we are asking the pointed questions.  When a canned answer or a lie is told by their congressman we get mad.

The DUmbasses are far beyond useful idiots.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 12:08:05 PM »
The DUmbasses are far beyond useful idiots.

I think the primitives are now useless idiots, because they're not helping the grown-ups among the Democrats and liberals any.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 01:24:35 PM »
Chuck Norris is someone else who's read the bill, and he wrote an article for Townhall, covered by Rush in today's show:

Dirty Secret

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »
Chuck Norris is someone else who's read the bill, and he wrote an article for Townhall, covered by Rush in today's show:

Dirty Secret

That part of going into homes for children sounds like something that the UN's children's rights treaty would love.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 01:40:25 PM »

Dirty Secret

Aside :

I wonder who would have the balls to call Chuck Norris a 'mobster' if he attended a Townhall ? And who would be man enough to try to stifle his question ?

Such an unlucky person is sure to meet the 3rd fist hidden beneath his beard " up close and personal " :-)

This post was brought to you by the symbol '+' and the number '1'. Sesame Street is a production of The Children's Television Workshop.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 01:43:22 PM »

This post was brought to you by the symbol '+' and the number '1'. Sesame Street is a production of The Children's Television Workshop.
Are we spending too much time around the kids? :lmao:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 01:49:59 PM »
Are we spending too much time around the kids? :lmao:

They come in ages ten, six, and three. -- So, the answer would be affirmative. Sadly, I know more about Sesame Street, Spongebob, and Hannah Montana (the two oldest are girls.. Lucky me  :p ) than any adult male should.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 01:51:17 PM »
They come in ages ten, six, and three. -- So, the answer would be affirmative. Sadly, I know more about Sesame Street, Spongebob, and Hannah Montana (the two oldest are girls.. Lucky me  :p ) than any adult male should.
I watched the MTV Awards last night.  Miley Cyrus was dancing on a stripper pole wearing a bra I couldn't even talk my last girlfriend into wearing.

I feel your pain.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 02:15:32 PM »
I watched the MTV Awards last night.  Miley Cyrus was dancing on a stripper pole wearing a bra I couldn't even talk my last girlfriend into wearing.

I feel your pain.

The DUmmies have called her a Jesus Loving 16 year old.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=6270146&mesg_id=6270146
rfranklin   (1000+ posts)             Mon Aug-10-09 07:09 PM
Response to Reply #5
26. You can almost see the Golden Palace of the Himalayas...

I think I just reached Nirvana!

Must be a pedophile.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 02:41:42 PM »

I feel your pain.

I avoided it like the plague - hung around in my office playing old arcade games instead. I hate awards shows.