Author Topic: Rita Hayworth primitive being a peach, supports cops  (Read 369 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Rita Hayworth primitive being a peach, supports cops
« on: July 28, 2009, 04:36:56 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3987774

Oh my.

depakid  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-27-09 03:14 AM
Original message

Two Oklahoma deputies fatally shot

A suspect is in custody in the fatal shooting of two Seminole County, Okla., deputies and the wounding of a woman, authorities said. The deputies were shot Sunday as they attempted to serve an arrest at a home in Seminole, Okla., the Daily Oklahoma reported.

The suspect, Ezekiel Holbert, 26, was in his mother's home when she called police, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said. "When they knocked on the door, the suspect came out, Mr. Holbert, firing a weapon," Brown said.

A witness, Bryan Hause, told the Oklahoman the deputies kicked the door in and "the guy was sitting there waiting on him and shot him."

The deputies' names had not been released Sunday night. One died at the scene and the other died at Oklahoma University Medical Center, the newspaper said. A woman walking nearby was wounded by a stray round of gunfire, Brown said. There was no word late Sunday on her condition.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/07/27/Two-Okla-deputie... /

First up at bat, the Rita Hayworth primitive:

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-27-09 03:34 AM
Response to Original message

1. This is where I hope the cop-bashing can at least pause for a bit here at DU, and we can all remember that police officers have a job that is dangerous every day, every minute of every day.

What a nightmare...........................................

DRoseDARs  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-27-09 03:43 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. Don't hold your breath. Showing any support or understanding for cops makes you persona non grata...

...to some here. Believe me, I don't trust cops in general as a rule, but I know ******* well not all are bastards and are just trying to do their jobs.

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-27-09 03:49 AM
Response to Reply #2

4. Hey, I'm an old hippie who became a defense attorney - guess what most cops think of me?

And yet, I've had some excellent experiences with police officers.

I've had some unpleasant ones, as well, but the majority have been gracious and reassuring.

I'm always persona non grata to a slew of folks here. The ones who are offended by critical thinking, measured responses, or the idea that you might have read a book at some point in your life..................

after which that icon showing the Rita Hayworth primitive waving to franksolich

Psephos  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-27-09 02:20 PM
Response to Reply #4

46. Tangerine, you are a peach 

You said it all in the last line of your post.

havocmom  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jul-27-09 03:43 AM
Response to Reply #1

3. spouses and parents, most cops. Loved and worried about

Missed horribly when they don't come home.

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-27-09 03:51 AM
Response to Reply #3

5. I cannot believe people actually choose those jobs, but I'm awfully glad they do.

Same with medical people. I am so inferior to people like cops and medics.

(OK, I'm really, really done now. SERIES!1!!!11 Going to bed. Honest. Really.)

Sleep well..........................

havocmom  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jul-27-09 03:58 AM
Response to Reply #5

8. brother in law was cop, then special investigator for a county attorney in California

His specialty was cleaning up bad departments.

Step mom was LA county deputy. Generally worked vice in Hollywood and Santa Monica, but was called in to work in Sybil Brand Women's Prison during the trials of the 'Manson Girls'. That duty was hard on officers so they tried to rotate. Oh, the tales......

No sleep anytime soon tonight.

After which the Rita Hayworth primitive and an obscure primitive discuss their allergies and ailments, their shawls and walkers; "old ladies' talk."

rollingrock (1000+ posts)     Mon Jul-27-09 05:20 AM
Response to Reply #1

24. Lots of people have dangerous jobs construction workers, auto mechanics, airline pilots, steel workers , miners, etc. they all risk there lives every day doing dangerous work. Not that I disrespect the good ones in anyway, but I'd like to know what makes people think the police are so damn special in this regard??

Edit: and if you're one of those guys who can't handle the stress of being a police officer without taking out your frustrations on potentially innocent people, then you need to find another line of work.

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-27-09 08:06 AM
Response to Reply #24

27. I don't equate those jobs with cops and firemen - there's the law of chance, which applies to jobs like airline pilot, and then there are jobs of real danger, like being a cop.

Since you can't understand why people such as I think police are "so damn special," I'm not going to try to explain it to you, since you've already tipped your hand and exposed your bias.

It's not pretty, by the way.

I agree with you about handling frustration. I'm sure every good cop agrees with you, as well...................

rollingrock (1000+ posts)     Mon Jul-27-09 01:08 PM
Response to Reply #27

43. Top 10 dangerous jobs in America

I have nothing but respect for firefighters, but police and firefighters aren't even in the top 10!

Top 10 dangerous jobs

The occupations with the highest fatality rates in 2006.

Occupation Deaths per 100,000 workers

Fishermen........ 141.7
Pilots ............... 87.8
Loggers .............. 82.3
Structural iron and steel workers..... 61.0
Refuse collectors ...... 41.8
Farmers and ranchers.... 37.1
Power linemen........... 34.9
Roofers................. 33.9
Drivers................. 27.1
Agricultural workers....... 21.7

Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics

LanternWaste (1000+ posts)        Mon Jul-27-09 04:57 PM
Response to Reply #43

49. Are those deaths accidental or...

Are the deaths suffered by those who are occupied by your above list accidental or with intent?

Seems to me to be a very precise and relevant difference....

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-27-09 05:23 PM
Response to Reply #43

51. Subjective - it all depends on what your definition of "danger" is.

Do you know what their standard was in this 'survey'?

Until then, I'm quite comfortable with my opinion.

Interesting, though, that you keep trying to show me otherwise.

Something about your own opinion makes you feel weak?

It's my opinion. Why can't you just live with that, hmmmmm?

cosmicone  (1000+ posts)     Mon Jul-27-09 08:25 AM
Response to Reply #1

32. Yeah ... choking on a jelly doughnut is an occupational hazard

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-27-09 09:59 AM
Response to Reply #32

36. You know, it's all right that you're stupid and a pig, but can't you at least be creative when you attempt - and fail - to insult an entire group?

That "doughnut" thing is as tired and feeble as you are.........................

After which the Rita Hayworth primitive gets tired, and leaves the bonfire.

After which the bonfire, surrounded by primitive nonentities, still burning, gets boring.

After which the comical cone primitive gets on franksolich's excresence list.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline whiffleball

Re: Rita Hayworth primitive being a peach, supports cops
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:44:30 AM »
How strange.  Bonkers Beth is conspicuously absent from that thread after stalking Rita Hayworth for a couple of days.  Plus, it's a cops thread; it's just shrieking for her comments.