Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive agrees to overcome  (Read 819 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
sparkling husband primitive agrees to overcome
« on: July 02, 2009, 04:07:02 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5974415

Oh my.

A brand-spanking-new bonfire, courtesy the sparkling husband primitive:

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-02-09 05:02 PM
Original message

Can we all agree that the fundamental problem to be overcome in the move toward real health care ...

..... reform is the inexplicable need to placate the repubicans.

Democrats have already set the stage to do the job without a single repubican vote. Yet we keep trying to make rat****ers like McConnell happy.

There is no need.

Yet they keep trying.

WHY????

They keep trying because they don't have enough Democrat votes.

It's that simple.

No primitives at this bonfire yet.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: sparkling husband primitive agrees to overcome
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 04:16:04 PM »
DJ13 (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-02-09 05:12 PM
Response to Original message
6. WHY???
 Many in our party are just as beholden to the same moneyed interests as the Republicans.
How big is the one eyed interest anyway?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 04:33:02 PM »
It still amuses me that these cretins don`t realize that their dream of free health care on demand,any time for any reason is never going to happen.
It couldn`t for the very reasons they wish it....they themselves would be at a doctor every day for some reason just to garner attention and escape from work.

The only slight glee I get in the monstrosity that may be inflicted on us is that DUmmies will still be utterly miserable.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 04:36:07 AM »
It still amuses me that these cretins don`t realize that their dream of free health care on demand,any time for any reason is never going to happen.
It couldn`t for the very reasons they wish it....they themselves would be at a doctor every day for some reason just to garner attention and escape from work.

The only slight glee I get in the monstrosity that may be inflicted on us is that DUmmies will still be utterly miserable.

But, neighbor, the one problem I see is that they will be making us miserable, too.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 12:39:09 PM »
Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-02-09 05:02 PM
Original message

Can we all agree that the fundamental problem to be overcome in the move toward real health care ...

..... reform is the inexplicable need to placate the repubicans.

Democrats have already set the stage to do the job without a single repubican vote. Yet we keep trying to make rat****ers like McConnell happy.

There is no need.

Yet they keep trying.

WHY????

Perhaps because they realize that when the public gets the bill they know they'll be out of a job and want the cover of saying..."see, they voted for it too!!!"

The percentage of Americans who want universal health care is very small (hell the big 0 has to plant whiners at his town meetings). We can't afford to pay for what's already been spent, how the hell are we supposed to pay for this?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DULurkster

• Just Off Probation
  • Call DULurkster bad names... he hates that.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 02:42:33 AM »

The percentage of Americans who want universal health care is very small (hell the big 0 has to plant whiners at his town meetings).

Don't forget the video of Helen Thomas needling R_Gibbs about the scripted "Town Hall Meetings":rotf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh5vzOAEQ-A

I can actually give props to Helen Thomas for the 1st time in my life.  :thatsright:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:45:45 AM by DULurkster »
"...a little rebellion now and then is a good thing. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power."
-- Benjamin Franklin

What you don't know won't hurt you. It'll kill you. -- Maj. Gen. Gerald Prather (U.S.A.F., retired)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 02:53:37 AM »
DUers are going to go nuts when they are forced to buy health insurance

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 09:23:08 AM »
FGL, they started to freak out about that at the very slightest whiff of it.  And, that WHY??? of Stinky's was very stupid.  Even Demo congressclowns know that this could be political suicide.  The horror stories out of England alone are the stuff of nightmares, and are getting A LOT of play.  Someone having to pull their own teeth?  Someone turned away cause they were 55?  Cancer patients left to die.  Most people love life, and love their loved ones' lives, too. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 11:01:04 AM »
DUers are going to go nuts when they are forced to buy health insurance
BUY??? BUY???  That one word would completely douse the DUmmy healthcare enthusiasm. They have no intention of buying anything.
They want America to emulate the cesspool that is Europe, where everything is free. Like in Khrushchev's USSR.
Of course, a big percentage of them have no income, so buying isn't a consideration.