Author Topic: DUmp monkeys want leftist stores to spend their few nickels in.  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
DUmp monkeys want leftist stores to spend their few nickels in.
« on: January 22, 2016, 12:18:15 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027553685

Fri Jan 22, 2016, 12:36 PM

Star Member roody (9,687 posts)

Which home improvement store has the least offensive politics?
I need to do some upgrades and have access to Home Depot (repub), Menards (right wing), Lowes and others. I would like to do the least harm. Any suggestions?

A little advice DUmfuk,when something like the politics of a particular store chains owners are actually give you heartburn it means that you have passed from disturbed to bat shit crazy.

Response to roody (Original post)

Fri Jan 22, 2016, 12:42 PM

Star Member yardwork (39,932 posts)
2. Lowes. Based in North Carolina, history of donating to Democratic candidates.

Home Depot is run by an extreme right-winger who bundled for W.

Response to yardwork (Reply #2)

Fri Jan 22, 2016, 01:01 PM

snooper2 (26,014 posts)
7. Lowes is around 50/50, and correct Home Depot are wingers, plus their employees aren't very bright

They have jobs and are earning a living,you misfits not so much.

Fri Jan 22, 2016, 12:58 PM

Star Member DefenseLawyer (9,232 posts)
5. John Menard is the worst.

The other two are publicly traded companies, so typical corporate positions, donations, etc. They're not great, but Menards is privately held by a tea party crackpot.

Fri Jan 22, 2016, 01:07 PM

Star Member librechik (27,222 posts)
8. Ace had strings o Christmas lights made out of shotgun shells

I got pics and complained, but they never were removed.

What they looked like reading it.

Offline thundley4

Re: DUmp monkeys want leftist stores to spend their few nickels in.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 12:29:33 PM »
Damn, they're stooooopid. When I want to buy something, I look for what I want and the best deal. I don't even consider the politics of the place.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 12:38:46 PM »
Funny. They don't want to spend money where the company might use a very small portion to support conservatives. Yet, they seem to have no problem with requiring everyone to pay union dues ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 12:52:06 PM »
Who cares?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 01:06:59 PM »
As if it's going to matter one freeze-dried **** where the DUmpmonkeys spend their pitiful government dole, at least to any of the Big Box businesses included in their mental flatulence above.

You've got to have your prioritities in life seriously FU'd if you spent that much time and mental anguish deciding where you're gonna buy a box of nails or a gallon of paint, based on whether they're "wingers" or not.  Does every-****ing-thing just HAVE to be political?

The only good thing about it is that the unending misery plaguing the lives of the DUmmies complaining above is likely to continue unabated.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 01:27:13 PM »
Who cares?

Oh man.

I had no idea.

But I'm happy.

<<<shops at Menards in the big city.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »
This has gone on for awhile, to review:
Hobby lobby protest over obamacare
Papa johns protest over obamacare
Chick-fil-A protest over gay marriage
Forever 21 over obamacare/christian values
Probably forgetting a few. It never works out for the primitives and whoever they protest report record sales
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 02:16:21 PM »
People who actually run businesses tend to get a bellyful of government hyper-regulation, high taxes, and labyrinthine permit processes. There are exceptions, of course ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 02:24:54 PM »
Funny. They don't want to spend money where the company might use a very small portion to support conservatives. Yet, they seem to have no problem with requiring everyone to pay union dues ...

KC

They also say we can't deport 14 million illegals yet they want to confiscate 100 millions weapons.

My dog is more consistent than they are.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 02:33:07 PM »
They also say we can't deport 14 million illegals yet they want to confiscate 100 millions weapons.

Your dog wants steak. Always!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 02:53:07 PM »

At least when your dog tilts his/her head its cute, not so much when your congress critter does it after being asked a tough question that requires honesty.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 02:54:06 PM »

Star Member roody (9,687 posts)

Which home improvement store has the least offensive politics?
I need to do some upgrades and have access to Home Depot (repub), Menards (right wing), Lowes and others. I would like to do the least harm. Any suggestions?

Yeah.  Show some rugged individualism and go out and cut down a tree, mill the lumber yourself and make it a true DIY project. 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 02:55:44 PM »
All of these fine stores would be much better off without patronage from the DUmmasses.  There would be fewer/less:

-Bounced checks
-Belligerence
-General unruliness
-Theft
-Political harassment of other customers

+ many, many others

Deplorable since 2016

Offline hillneck

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »
Well any of those stores probably won't go out of business if the DUmmies don't shop there.  I don't think they take EBT at any of them so there's not a lot of DUmmies hanging out there.  Plus DIY projects require that person to do work which disqualifies the idiots at DUmmieland.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 03:17:36 PM »
Well any of those stores probably won't go out of business if the DUmmies don't shop there.  I don't think they take EBT at any of them so there's not a lot of DUmmies hanging out there.  Plus DIY projects require that person to do work which disqualifies the idiots at DUmmieland.

In Massachusetts EBT cards can be used in strip joints, cruise ships and to post bail all of which is usually done in foreign tropical locations . True stories.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 04:46:06 PM »
Damn, they're stooooopid. When I want to buy something, I look for what I want and the best deal. I don't even consider the politics of the place.

Me neither, with the exception of Progressive Insurance. Just can't line Peter Lewis' pockets so he can donate to whatever dem****istan cause or politician that will push his leftist agenda.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 05:01:35 PM »
Me neither, with the exception of Progressive Insurance. Just can't line Peter Lewis' pockets so he can donate to whatever dem****istan cause or politician that will push his leftist agenda.

Cindie

I go to Lowe's more often than Menard's, but mainly because of location, and traffic flow  in the area.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 05:47:44 PM »
I can't think of a time in my life where I dwelled on the political stance of a business that sold something I wanted. These people have gone dangerously insane.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »
All of these fine stores would be much better off without patronage from the DUmmasses.  There would be fewer/less:

-Bounced checks
-Belligerence
-General unruliness
-Theft
-Political harassment of other customers

+ many, many others
The DUmmies' smell.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 05:52:00 PM »
I go to Lowe's more often than Menard's, but mainly because of location, and traffic flow  in the area.
Whenever I need hardware stuff, I go to whichever one is more convenient.

There is a neighborhood ACE, but the prices are higher.  However, at my local one & the one near my house in Chicago, the staff is infinitely more knowledgeable than a big box store.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 06:02:40 PM »
Whenever I need hardware stuff, I go to whichever one is more convenient.

There is a neighborhood ACE, but the prices are higher.  However, at my local one & the one near my house in Chicago, the staff is infinitely more knowledgeable than a big box store.

True. I go to a little local hardware store that is more expensive. I judge the increased cost against the time and gas cost to go where the part I want is cheaper. That is usually equal to or greater than paying a little more locally. I can be back home and working on the project when I'd still be out if I went for a cheaper price.

Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 06:28:55 PM »
Who cares?

Nobody, outside the Romper Room.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 08:15:14 PM »
True. I go to a little local hardware store that is more expensive. I judge the increased cost against the time and gas cost to go where the part I want is cheaper. That is usually equal to or greater than paying a little more locally. I can be back home and working on the project when I'd still be out if I went for a cheaper price.

Same here.  The Ace is about 3/4 miles away; the Home Depot is about 4 miles away, and the Lowe's is about 5 1/2 miles from me.  I make up the difference in gas savings.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 09:02:32 PM »
Same here.  The Ace is about 3/4 miles away; the Home Depot is about 4 miles away, and the Lowe's is about 5 1/2 miles from me.  I make up the difference in gas savings.
Although gas prices have dropped so much as of late.  Got a full tank the other day for under $30.

To echo what was said earlier, we have Menard's in lots of places in the Midwest.  I don't go there because of ideology.  But they also have employees that are knowledgeable than Home Depot or Lowe's.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 09:05:41 PM »
One damn dime day all over again.  :rotf:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson