Author Topic: Obama's leg a-sea  (Read 547 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Obama's leg a-sea
« on: April 24, 2015, 02:54:05 PM »
NM_Birder (1,508 posts)

I think the legacy of the Obama presidency will be [View all]

The rise of republican rule, a horribly lopsided rightwing supreme court for the next 15-20 years, a nuclear armed Iran, and a trade deal as damaging as NAFTA.

The ACA is so tangled in on itself with the fact that some states were allowed to opt out it will not be a shinning star, instead it will likely be another boat anchor that will need MORE legislation to patch it together and keep it afloat,............the racial divide is inflamed to epic levels, the economy was saved for wall street but certainly not for the 70 million people still not working, and after what should have been the single most inspirational 8 years of promised change to the business as usual political theater .......... the best we have to offer is another Clinton presidential run........ and she is about to run askew of the last 8 years.

But remember, those GOPers are stale and without ideas right ?

Thankfully it looks like I will slide into retirement just in time to miss the changes that millennials will have to face. Good luck to all the 20 something year olds, the best days of America may still be ahead of her,............ but you twenty something year olds will be paying the tab in a hardcore way.

Both political parties refuse to acknowledge the fact that they EACH keep electing "leaders" that let the people down. What qualifies as "the good fight" is simply finger pointing as the ship goes down.

Polls don't show the reality that people are living, and the people didn't get any change,.......... they got ****ed,.... but with a silky smooth speech this time, instead of a stuttering Texas buffoon.

A Jury voted 5-2 to hide this post on Fri Apr 24, 2015, 01:44 PM. Reason: This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate. When the original post in a discussion thread is hidden by Jury decision, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted. Hide post

morningfog (10,565 posts)

1. I disagree. His legacy will be marriage equality,

a salvaged economy, the first movement to universal healthcare, and diplomacy with long time foes Iran and Cuba
. On the negative side, it will be 8 years if wars, and a rise of the Obama Drone Doctrine.

1 propaganda façade and 3 things nobody cares about enough to vote for.

Thinkingabout (12,088 posts)

2. The Social Security was not very popular at first and has been tweaked several times.

The Medicare program was not and still the GOP would like to end it and Social Security but it benefits lots of people. FDR holds the Social Security in his legacy and LBJ holds the Medicare in his legacy. I think the ACA will continue to be Obama's legacy. There will be some tweaking but too many have benefitted and even the GOP has even halted their repeal.

JustAnotherGen (15,506 posts)

3. The Racial Divide inflamed to epic levels

No - the last gasp of white supremacy in the US. 

I'm not talking about people on the Left - I'm not talking about US!

Those people over there on the right?

Been foaming at their mouths for 45 years now. This is their last stand. They are gonna lose. Because my 21 year old niece is the 'new' America - black, white/native father - puerto rican/dominican mother.

That's the new America - and they HAAAAAAAATE it. They created the divide - not Obama. If they weren't so filled with hate and misery about times that need to be soon forgotten well . . .

geek tragedy (45,333 posts)

4. Gee, the guy who denied that there were civil rights abuses in Ferguson thinks Obama inflamed

racial divisions.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026375008#post21

Troll, troll, troll your boat , gently down the stream.

And thanks for the RW concern trolling on a "nuclear-armed Iran"

DemocratSinceBirth (51,866 posts)

21. Barack Obama's legacy will be

the first black man to be elected president, rescued the United States from the greatest economic downturn since The Great Depression, set a path that will lead very American to have access to health care, and presided over a prudent foreign policy.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026559933
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Obama's leg a-sea
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 03:21:01 PM »
morningfog (10,565 posts)

1. I disagree. His legacy will be marriage equality,

a salvaged economy, the first movement to universal healthcare, and diplomacy with long time foes Iran and Cuba. On the negative side, it will be 8 years if wars, and a rise of the Obama Drone Doctrine.

The Census Bureau reported today that sales new homes in the U.S. (seasonally adjusted at an annual rate) plunged sharply in March to 481,000 after hitting a seven-year record level of 543,000 in February.

As has been the case so often, AP reporter Josh Boak didn't look past the seasonally adjusted numbers, and as a result gave the "expert" he quoted a free pass to supply sunnyside-up commentary in his mid-day Wednesday dispatch.
He also shakily claimed that "winter storms" were a "likely" major impediment to March sales (bolds are mine):

US NEW-HOME SALES COLLAPSE IN MARCH

Sales of new U.S. homes plummeted in March, as the spring buying season opened with sharp declines in the Northeast and South.

The Commerce Department said Thursday that new-home sales fell 11.4 percent last month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 481,000.
This marks a swift reversal from an annual sales pace of 543,000 in February, which had been the strongest performance in seven years.

Purchases of new homes have been volatile on a monthly basis, although sales during the first quarter of 2015 are higher than in 2014.
The volatility points to a real estate market still finding its footing in the aftermath of the housing bubble that triggered the Great Recession in 2007 and the weak recovery that has followed.

"The pace is sluggish, but the trend in new home sales is still higher, said Jennifer Lee, a senior economist at BMO Capital Markets.
"Don't be surprised to see a bounce back in April."

... Winter storms in January and February closed construction sites and likely pushed back potential March sales to later in the year.
At the same time, a yearlong hiring spree coupled with low mortgage rates has expanded the number of people shopping for a home.

Boak's claim that March's "collapse" was a one-off "likely" due to weather is suspect.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2015/04/23/ap-report-new-home-sales-collapse-argues-bounce-back#sthash.cSIihWoy.dpuf
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 03:24:27 PM »
His legacy will be making Jimmuh look like a genius in comparison.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 03:25:14 PM »
Prudent foreign policy?  Geez...
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender