Author Topic: I consider the Virginia results a too long delayed reckoning on Jan 6  (Read 478 times)

Offline CC27

maxrandb

I consider the Virginia results a too long delayed reckoning on Jan 6
Virginians could still smell the smoke, teargas and blood of Jan 6 waifting across the Potomac when they went to the polls and elected three straight up fascists from the Insurrection Party to their top three statewide offices.

And if you think I am being hyperbolic...well...you may have heard of Youngkin, but just google our Lt. Gov. Winsome Earl-Sears and our AG Jason Miyares.

I swear, I wept, because I thought our Democracy died that night.

Tonight was sweet vengeance to right a wrong that should NEVER have happened

Thanks Virginia!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218437708

It's very cringy at the DUmp with them jerking off about last night's elections...

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: I consider the Virginia results a too long delayed reckoning on Jan 6
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 08:38:39 AM »
It’s a sad commentary on how far the country has drifted from the reason it was founded and for people’s desire to be controlled by gov’t rather than being the ones who control the gov’t. Why some people prefer authoritarian rule over freedom is a mystery, but they’re trying to drag the rest of us down with them, and that will end up in a collapsed country.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline CC27

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 08:46:14 AM »
It’s a sad commentary on how far the country has drifted from the reason it was founded and for people’s desire to be controlled by gov’t rather than being the ones who control the gov’t. Why some people prefer authoritarian rule over freedom is a mystery, but they’re trying to drag the rest of us down with them, and that will end up in a collapsed country.

Excellent post. Hi-5.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 11:18:40 AM »
maxrandb

Virginians could still smell the smoke, teargas and blood of Jan 6 waifting across the Potomac when they went to the polls and elected three straight up fascists from the Insurrection Party to their top three statewide offices.

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 05:42:05 PM »
maxrandb

Selective memory, jackass. Your high holy holiday of "January 6th" pales in comparison with the fires/tear gas/destruction during the "Summer of Love" to honor Saint George Floyd of Fentanyl.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2023, 08:54:50 PM »

So very true.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du