Author Topic: Who Are All The Folks...........  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Who Are All The Folks...........
« on: January 25, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »
Ha..............Funny

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2764262

rox63  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-25-08 12:50 PM
Original message
Who are all the folks that can afford to watch C-Span and post on DU all day?
 I post when I get a lull at work, or if I'm at home and not too busy. But there are folks here who are constantly posting, or know what's on C-Span or other cable networks at all times. Don't y'all have jobs and other stuff to do? Is there some secret to becoming indepently wealthy that the rest of us don't know about?

fenriswolf  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-25-08 12:50 PM
Response to Original message
1. i work at a call center
 with access to the net all day hehe  I like my job.

Cant trust em  (641 posts)      Fri Jan-25-08 12:52 PM
3. I'm a professional fundraiser
 a very cyclical job since most people do their major donating right before the end of the year. This is always a downtime in my profession.

rox63  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-25-08 12:53 PM
5. I do tech support on the phone, and sit in front of a computer all day as well
 But I have work to get done, down systems to get back up again, meetings to attend, customers to calm down. I can only post when I'm not doing 2 or 3 other things.

:rotf:

gratuitous  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-25-08 12:56 PM
7. No, I don't have a job right now
 But I have an interview in an hour

stillcool47  (1000+ posts)       Fri Jan-25-08 12:57 PM
8. Independently wealthy?
 I don't have access to a television set right now, but on my day off I will. I choose not to watch it, but if I did, I assure you it would not be because I am independently wealthy.

George Oilwellian  (1000+ posts)       Fri Jan-25-08 12:58 PM
9. Perhaps...
 many of us are retire.

that explains more than many understand.

Now who's fault is it that they post so much at DU...........

8_year_nightmare  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-25-08 12:59 PM
11. Simple answer: The Worst President Of Our Lifetime Is In The White House.
 Subanswers are too numerous to mention -- literally. I just don't have the time because, like you, I have to visit DU when I have the time. I have the interest in scouring the threads to see any sign of exposure to the corruption going on.

It's the disgust, anger, & love for the country this used to be that keeps me interested in coming to DU to read the latest -- you won't see it on the msm.

One has to have fire in their belly about what's been going on the past 7 years to become addicted to DU.

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-25-08 01:02 PM
13. Had shitty jobs all my life, saved all my life, retired at 57. Now I do what I want when I want
 Not at all rich, not at all poor.

Savings my boy, regular savings. That's the key.

Now this one was intresting to myself. Frank can you do an analysis of this post?

thecatburgler  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-25-08 01:02 PM
14. Self-employed, working mostly from home
 I don't really goof off any more than I did in the corporate world. Just that I'm not constantly looking over my shoulder worried about being caught by the boss for surfing the 'net.

RebelOne  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-25-08 01:15 PM
25. I work on a computer in an office all day as a copy editor.
 So I just switch back and forth from the Internet and stories I am editing.

More and more things become clear about the media  :censored:

shadowknows69  (1000+ posts)       Fri Jan-25-08 02:02 PM
31. Diabled, out of work and nearly broke
 We sacrifice good food for our internet.

Holy shit

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Who Are All The Folks...........
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 03:33:43 PM »
If you're referring to the lilliputian tom thumb primitive, sir, according to his own words on Skins's island--I don't check into primitives further than what they say themselves, posting on public internet sites--he has a four-year degree in economics.

Which astounded me; after all, the little guy is the one who thinks medical care can be free, utterly free--no insurance, no taxes, no charges, to anyone, just totally and utterly free, to everyone.

Apparently he believes physicians and nurses and hospital custodians can live on air and water.

Anyway, the lilliputian tom thumb primitive is from a rural blue-collar background, and so going to college, and actually finishing college, was perhaps a Great Achievement, and one doesn't take that away from him.

But "good" jobs in economics are few and far between, and have always been that way, so I suspect what has happened to the lilliputian tom thumb primitive the past 35 years is similar with my own life (also a degree in economics), although I'm nowhere near as ancient as the lilliputian tom thumb primitive--non-economics jobs and careers requiring some level of skill, but not especially good jobs or well-paying jobs.

There's no doubt from his postings, that the lilliputian tom thumb primitive is the personally frugal type, saving when he can save.  (Also a good family man, even though his "politics" suck.)

But then he goes and blows much of it on getting a superduper great big pickup truck, a real gas-guzzler, where he has to use a child's booster-seat to see over the dashboard.  And then there's that expensive luxury Vanderbilt-class boat on the trailer behind it.

Yes, the lilliputian tom thumb primitive is short, very short; at least by my own criteria.

A swarthy little character--from his photographs he's posted himself--the lilliputian tom thumb primitive is a known associate of the maharani primitive, lionesspryanka, and the psychotic primitive, the psychic BettyEllen.

I think the lilliputian tom thumb primitive has a number of "issues" with which he hasn't dealt very well; trying and failing to reconcile the working-class values instilled in him as a child, with his later academic success, angry because his perception of the way the world "should be" is at odds with the way the world really is, and yes, he does have that chip on his shoulder about being short.

All in all, the lilliputian tom thumb primitive is a generally average person with generally the same intensities of problems as everybody else.  Not a great person by any means, but someone most people would get along with better than with, say for example, the burdened primitive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 03:37:38 PM »
Translation: "we are living of someone else's dime in the worst economy since.....EVAH!!!"
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 03:45:58 PM »
George Oilwellian  (1000+ posts)       Fri Jan-25-08 12:58 PM
9. Perhaps...
 many of us are retire. :thatsright:

All your retire are belong to us!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 03:48:30 PM »
Cant trust em  (641 posts)      Fri Jan-25-08 12:52 PM
3. I'm a professional fundraiser
 a very cyclical job since most people do their major donating right before the end of the year. This is always a downtime in my profession.

A phone solicitor!
Looks like that degree in liberal arts and fossilized elephant dung art has worked out well for you.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 03:53:13 PM by PatriotGame »
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 03:54:59 PM »
How come no one tells the guy to just shut up and mind his own damn business?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.