Author Topic: Selling US short!!!  (Read 1917 times)

Offline andaronjim

• Sir, publicly educated, but going out of my way to learn more.
  • Probationary (Probie)
Selling US short!!!
« on: May 18, 2015, 11:21:44 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/25-fascinating-facts-about-gold/ss-BBjaoAO?ocid=iehp#image=7
  7. The United States Federal Reserve holds 7,385 tons of gold, in 530,000 gold bars. At its peak in 1973, the Fed stored more than 13,227 tons of monetary gold. (Source: World Gold Council)
  I always wondered where America was getting its gold from to print the coins sold on TV.  Many countries are buying up that gold, and eventually when America no longer has this asset for barter, the only thing left will be property and labor. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_to_Serfdom 
He further argues that the abandonment of individualism and classical liberalism inevitably leads to a loss of freedom, the creation of an oppressive society, the tyranny of a dictator, and the serfdom of the individual.
The Dictator in Chielf always calls US, "WORKERS" not citizens, because , he thinks he is the emporer. 

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Selling US short!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 12:53:10 AM »
There is not enough gold in the world at it's current price to back all the currency in the world.
Going back to the gold standard is a pipe dream.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 01:29:31 AM »
There is not enough gold in the world at it's current price to back all the currency in the world.
Going back to the gold standard is a pipe dream.

True. The US does not have enough gold to even pay off the 1.3 trillion we owe China. We supposedly have around 600 billion dollars stashed away but I would not bet on it. Germany wanted all the gold we were keeping in our vaults for safe keeping. The US refused and said they will give it back in installments. Makes you go hmmmm.

Offline andaronjim

• Sir, publicly educated, but going out of my way to learn more.
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 09:46:23 AM »
I have to agree that there isnt enough gold in the world to cover all the currency being printed.  Of course if there was a gold standard in place, that would restrict the FED and Government from this feckless spending.  Which is why the liberals dont want any standard, as it would put very restrictive controls on them.  Rules were made so liberals can break them, which is why the world is burning right now.  How is that HOPE AND CHANGE working out for you?