Author Topic: Newcomer  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Fed-Up

• Probationary (Probie)
Newcomer
« on: January 28, 2021, 11:24:18 PM »
Hello.  I'm a newcomer from Washington State who only got into politics 5 years ago, and there's still a lot I have to learn.  Unfortunately, I currently live near Seattle.

Thanks for having me.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Newcomer
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 08:00:24 AM »
Welcome!

You are definitely living in a blue area. If you can stomach that, you're a better man than I am.

Flyover country - depending on actual location - is a far better deal. Lower cost of living, tax bite isn't as deep, and while there are more than a few moonbats, they don't hold as much sway.

Over the past 25 years, I've lived in 8 different states. Moving became necessary to seek a better job/situation.

Something to think about, perhaps.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 09:19:13 AM »
From one probbie to another, welcome. My daughter lived is Seattle for some years as she got her master’s degree —- and then she moved to Arlington Va. I’ve only traveled through those kinds of places.
 Between the cascades and the gardens at Victoria I found the view magnificent and the attitude unbearable.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 10:09:58 PM »
I have a friend who is about 30 miles out of Seattle. Beautiful place. But, I have to talk him down from the ledges sometimes. The ruling political class of the area has a dim view of common sense. Welcome and be careful.