The Bar > Introductions & Subsequent Welcomes

Thanks Conservative Cave ...

<< < (3/4) > >>

ExGeeEye:

--- Quote from: ABC-2 on January 15, 2021, 07:04:29 PM ---Thanks so much for the welcome guys.  Much appreciated!!!

Am still trying to familiarize myself with everything in here & promise to ...

"Fear God, honor the ADMIN, shoot straight, and keep clean."  :)

A minced oath (I think it's called) from an expression a friend of ours used to say.  Anyone knowing the real wording he actually did use in  the above ...

Will get a Karma from me, when I find out how to do it, that is.

--- End quote ---

Here ya go: https://mwi.usma.edu/command-philosophy-private-mulvaney/

Also: it's a partial quote of 1 Peter 2:17, with additions.

(A "minced oath" is an innocuous-sounding expression used in place of a holy name or venerated object: "Gee" for "Jesus", "darn" for "damn", and the now seldom heard "gadzooks" for "God's Hooks", meaning the nails used in the crucifixion.)

ABC-2:

--- Quote from: ExGeeEye on January 15, 2021, 08:27:19 PM ---Here ya go: https://mwi.usma.edu/command-philosophy-private-mulvaney/

Also: it's a partial quote of 1 Peter 2:17, with additions.

(A "minced oath" is an innocuous-sounding expression used in place of a holy name or venerated object: "Gee" for "Jesus", "darn" for "damn", and the now seldom heard "gadzooks" for "God's Hooks", meaning the nails used in the crucifixion.)

--- End quote ---

Thanks ExGeeEye, the above  I did know, but ...

I used the wording "honor the ADMIN" in an attempt to be humorous, as a venerated personage instead of the real one in the expression.

3rd-try:
ABC, so nice to be able to communicate with you again.

ABC-2:

--- Quote from: 3rd-try on January 29, 2021, 10:12:30 PM ---ABC, so nice to be able to communicate with you again.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, nice to be able to communicate with you again as well!

Also, must tell you, I get a kick out of your sign in name, "third-try" 

I finally, signed into one of my favorite shopping sites as "Last Try"   :-)

~ ABC

3rd-try:
Years ago when CU went to an entirely different format we had to re-sign in. Mine wouldn't work.  After about 10 tries I started from scratch with new password and user name. So, when that didn't work I tried a 3rd time using 3rd-try not thinking it would work. It worked and I was afraid to touch it for fear of getting shut out again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version