Interests > The Science Club

William Hay's "Experimenting on a Small Planet"

(1/27) > >>

BuzzClik:
I bought this book some time ago, both in hard back and for my iPad, and I slowly have been slogging through it. It reads like an introductory but highly technical textbook with a bit of a conversational style. And 900 pages.

After an intro chapter and a review of scientific concepts, the book launches into ever deeper scientific subject: light, energy, geochronology. I've made it to chapter 10: The Climate System. Great stuff so far, and highly recommended.

wasp69:
What about it appeals to you so much?

Bad Dog:

--- Quote from: wasp69 on April 04, 2015, 01:09:53 PM ---What about it appeals to you so much?

--- End quote ---

I think he's trying to slide us into a discussion on glowball cooling warming climate diversity.  Establishing his credentials as a great scientific mind and such.

BuzzClik:

--- Quote from: Bad Dog on April 04, 2015, 01:39:52 PM ---I think he's trying to slide us into a discussion on glowball cooling warming climate diversity.  Establishing his credentials as a great scientific mind and such.

--- End quote ---

Frank has touted you as being the most intelligent and best educated person on this board. Here is your chance to engage in a conversation on a scientific subject on an intellectual plane.

Bad Dog:

--- Quote from: BuzzClik on April 04, 2015, 01:59:38 PM ---Frank has touted you as being the most intelligent and best educated person on this board. Here is your chance to engage in a conversation on a scientific subject on an intellectual plane.

--- End quote ---

Kool!!!  But, I'm pretty sure the coach has never touted me as being much of anything.  Help me out please, post a link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version