Author Topic: A ‘new anti-Semitism’ rising in France  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
A ‘new anti-Semitism’ rising in France
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:38:40 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/a-new-anti-semitism-rising-in-france/2014/06/19/1da8ae34-1a71-4f50-893a-9842af51e3ce_story.html

PARIS — “I am not an anti-Semite,” French comedian Dieudonné M’bala M’bala says with a devilish grin near the start of his hit show at this city’s Théâtre de la Main d’Or.

Then come the Jew jokes.

In front of a packed house, he apes Alain Jakubowicz, a French Jewish leader who calls the humor of Dieudonné tantamount to hate speech. While the comedian skewers Jakubowicz, Stars of David glow on screen and, as the audience guffaws, a soundtrack plays evoking the trains to Nazi death camps. In various other skits, he belittles the Holocaust, then mocks it as a gross exaggeration.

Anti-Semitism has been around in Europe for centuries. It is made worse by Muslims who migrate to European countries. Nazism and Communism took anti-Semitism to a new level of extremity and never really died.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: A ‘new anti-Semitism’ rising in France
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:25:32 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/a-new-anti-semitism-rising-in-france/2014/06/19/1da8ae34-1a71-4f50-893a-9842af51e3ce_story.html

Anti-Semitism has been around in Europe for centuries. It is made worse by Muslims who migrate to European countries. Nazism and Communism took anti-Semitism to a new level of extremity and never really died.

I have never understood the anti-Semitism that has chased the people of God around the world for the last 3,000 + years.   

Very strange as far as I know the Jews have not caused any blood baths or government over throws, unless attacked themselves in the last 60+ years.       

Offline ranger75

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 01:51:59 PM »
I wonder, is the evolving French anti-Semitism worse than that on any American college campus?

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 02:40:42 PM »
I have never understood the anti-Semitism that has chased the people of God around the world for the last 3,000 + years.  

Very strange as far as I know the Jews have not caused any blood baths or government over throws, unless attacked themselves in the last 60+ years.     

You and me both Vesta.  I've never understood it either.

I don't think there are more than 13 million the world over.   

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler