Author Topic: Overturning Roe... Blah Blah Blah  (Read 231 times)

Offline RuralNc

Overturning Roe... Blah Blah Blah
« on: June 27, 2022, 08:00:23 PM »
Another hot take at Skins repository for the mentally challenged.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216858470

fightforfreedom (1,790 posts)

Overturning Roe is going to tear apart the Republican Party for this reason.

The pro life fascist, extremist, part of the Republican Party has been emboldened by this decision. They are planning to pass unbelievable laws in certain Republican states in order to enforce it.

1 Pence is calling for a nation wide ban. They would have to pass a lot of laws to enforce that. A police state for abortion?

2 There is talk of sending women to psychiatric institutions if they have an abortion.

3 There is talk of making it a crime if people go to another state for an abortion.

4 There is talk of passing laws to make it a crime to give advice, talk about abortions, even on-line.

5 This decision has unleashed the crazies in the Republican Party. At least 50% of Republicans did not want Roe overturned. Right there you can see how this is going to fracture the party.

6 This decision has hit our country like an earthquake. The Republican Party has set off a firestorm. It was inevitable their extremism would catch up to them at some point. I believe we have reached that point. Look what their extremism did to the Supreme Court. Absolutely destroyed its reputation. Thomas is telling everyone what other rights he wants to take away. I don't think you can honestly call it a court any longer.

History was on their side in the upcoming midterms. That is no longer the case. People are going to come out and vote in big numbers this November.

1. This may be a surprise, Pence is no longer VP. Dont know if you know that. Just a heads up!

2. Where did you hear this? The DUmp?

3. See #2.

4. See #2.

5. See #2. But on another point, wanna talk about "crazies"? Have you seen your own party?

6. Every time a Conservative/Republican is nominated to any office, the first words yall spew, "our democracy is at risk.." or "the reputation is at risk"... or any number of similar cries of panic.

Remember what Black Jesus Obama said. Elections have consequences. The Court hasnt leaned this Conservative for probably 50 years. So suck on it!

CaliforniaPeggy (142,149 posts)

2. I sure hope you're right, my dear fightforfreedom! We have to work like hell to make it happen. n/t

If the R party is going to be ripped apart, then what do you have to work for? Shouldnt you just set at home and let it happen? I would encourage you to do just that. Speaking of, I thought you were on your death bed in a hospital?

multigraincracker (27,540 posts)

3. Not good for growing a Party.

Great way to stir up a shrinking base.

Once again, where do you mutts get this information? And your comment is a walking contradiction.  :???:

Novara (2,641 posts)

4. I don't think we're close yet.

Going after women was their low-hanging fruit. They're DYING to overturn Obergefell. Griswold will go.

I'll tell you when we have reached the point when their extremism catches up with them: when they go after Loving.

They're just getting started.

Being that the Democrats were the party of Racists, KKK, and Jim Crow law enforcers, im not sure you understand History.

GoCubsGo (29,181 posts)

17. We're already starting to see the fractures.

And, with every new nutty law they come up with, those cracks are going to just get bigger and more numerous. What they're doing is basically jury-rigging the law at this point. At some point, the extremist bullshit laws are going to cause it all to implode on them.

Once again. Where? And to the bigger point, no body is coming up with new laws.  :thatsright:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Overturning Roe... Blah Blah Blah
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 08:15:36 PM »
fightforfreedom (1,790 posts)

Overturning Roe is going to tear apart the Republican Party...

Frankly, I see it having the opposite effect, Numbnuts, and here's why...

The spineless Establishment "moderates" don't have "it's established law" as a fallback position to keep them out of hot water with their constituencies anymore, so siding with the murderous freaks who see no problem sacrificing innocents on the altar of Moloch expediency is more likely to cost them their cushy political careers than it would have before.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 09:44:06 PM »
3. Not good for growing a Party.

Great way to stir up a shrinking base.

I take it you didn't hear about all those democrats turning republican over the past year.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 06:07:05 AM »
Schumer's  " Whirlwind ", everybody... 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 08:09:05 AM »
There is talk of sending women to psychiatric institutions if they have an abortion.

Where? Outside of PP's and other Pro-Abortion orgs' panic-mongering talking points?

There is talk of making it a crime if people go to another state for an abortion.

Kavanaugh's concurrence specifically stated that such a law would be unconstitutional. So that's just another PP and Pro-Abortion org panic-mongering talking point.

There is talk of passing laws to make it a crime to give advice, talk about abortions, even on-line.

Have PP's and Pro-Abortion orgs'panic-mongering talking points gotten that stupid? ::)

This decision has unleashed the crazies in the Republican Party. At least 50% of Republicans did not want Roe overturned. Right there you can see how this is going to fracture the party.

Because I know political polling numbers are almost always skewed, intentionally, I'm pretty sure support for Roe is lower in both the R and the D Parties than fightforfreedom fantasizes. Nor will this trigger a Fempocalypse split in the R Party, because few Rs are single-issue voters. OTOH, I think there are less than ardent pro-abortion Ds who are being alienated by D leaders' advocacy of violence and Pro-Abortionists' violence.

This decision has hit our country like an earthquake. The Republican Party has set off a firestorm. It was inevitable their extremism would catch up to them at some point.

Fempocalypse ain't happening Now.

I believe we have reached that point. Look what their extremism did to the Supreme Court. Absolutely destroyed its reputation.

In your Blue Fantasies.

Thomas is telling everyone what other rights he wants to take away.

No, he isn't. What he actually is saying, Progs don't want to understand or be understood.

I don't think you can honestly call it a court any longer.

Honesty and DU-grade Progs have been estranged strangers for several decades.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 08:15:12 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.