Author Topic: Oscar Wilde knows how hard it is out there  (Read 460 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oscar Wilde knows how hard it is out there
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:12:02 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5655712

Oh my.

The large-proboscised primitive, Oscar Wilde:

Cyrano  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-14-09 03:32 PM
Original message

Dear Mr. President: Do you really know how hard it is out here?

We all know that the world is made up of people who screw others and those who get screwed. Virtually all of your campaign promises, and your life experiences, seem to put you on the side of those who get screwed.

But your positions over the past few moths and weeks have me wondering, and perhaps a bit pissed off.

Blocking the release of torture photos?

Your unwillingness to pursue an investigation into the "possible" crimes of Bush/Cheney and Co?

Not reigning in the usury being committed by credit card companies?

Your seemingly endless generosity to bankers and Wall Street.

Your seeming indifference to getting immediate help to middle America.

But let me get to the point. Many of us have not given up hope that you are today's FDR who is going to get us out of this Hoover-like situation where BushCo has left us. Many of us are being patient, but hear this. The clock is running.

So here are a few questions for you. Exactly when are you going to demonstrate that you are not owned by the powers that have ruled this country for 30 or more years? Exactly when are you going to get some fast relief to what used to be the American middle class?

Yeah, I know it's only been four months, but try this. Try going four months without paying a mortgage, paying an electric bill, paying a phone bill, paying a credit card bill, trying to find a way to fill your gas tank or making a car payment, paying your homeowners and auto insurance, repairing anything and everything that breaks down in your home, and trying to figure out what you're going to put on the table to eat tonight and tomorrow morning.

Of course, all of this refers to those who still own a home or a car. Please, please pay attention, Mr. President. The number of those who have lost everything is growing.

So here's my heartfelt plea. Do something. And do it fast. Americans are hurting and they need the help that only you can provide. What I'm talking about here is basic survival.

Yeah, it's tough at the top. But you wanted the job. Now, use your powers to start fixing this country while we still have a country.

Respectfully,

Cyrano: A citizen who cares about others who are hurting badly.

Hmmm.  It seems to me Oscar Wilde is being faced with a very real possibility of having to move back in with his parents up near New York City, getting laid off from his job down in Florida.  Or something like that; whatever it is, Oscar Wilde seems worried about something personal.

The sparkling husband primitive, who doesn't know pizza:

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-14-09 04:47 PM
Response to Original message

3. Citizen Cyrano, I salute you!

nichomachus (1000+ posts)      Thu May-14-09 05:03 PM

5. Let me ask you this

You get in a can and tell the driver where you want to go. He says OK. So, he makes a wrong turn, but you're patient because you figure he's a cab driver and knows where he's going. So, he makes another wrong turn, taking you further in the wrong direction. Still, you say nothing. You're patient. Then, another wrong turn.

At what point do you say "Hey, buddy, where the **** are you going?" For me, it's usually about the third wrong turn.

When you're headed in the wrong direction, patience is not a virtue.

cwydro  (1000+ posts)      Thu May-14-09 10:31 PM

9. I'm still a little miffed about their spending all that money on a dog.

Or was it a gift? At any rate, that is a couple thousand dollar dog.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
Re: Oscar Wilde knows how hard it is out there
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:56:09 PM »
cwydro  (1000+ posts)      Thu May-14-09 10:31 PM

9. I'm still a little miffed about their spending all that money on a dog.

Or was it a gift? At any rate, that is a couple thousand dollar dog.

So let me get this straight.  With all of the crapola this administration is pulling, this dummie is "a little miffed" about the dog?  The dog? 

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 11:42:59 PM »
Virtually all of your campaign promises, and your life experiences, seem to put you on the side of those who get screwed.

This just shows that a) the media did not do its job in scrutinizing Obama and b) that many voted on wishful thinking and projection.  Obama cut his political teeth in the Chicago Democrat Party Machine, there is no way he is on the side of the screwed, so to speak. 

And putting Obama in the catagory of the screwed, they question his manhood which is only going to push Obama even more to look like he is a screwer instead of a screwee.  No man likes his virility questioned.  No wonder Obama ignores the pleas of the DUmmies. 
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 01:24:27 AM »
So here's my heartfelt plea. Do something. And do it fast. Americans are hurting and they need the help that only you can provide.

There's a big part of our country's problem right there.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 05:12:55 PM »
This just shows that a) the media did not do its job in scrutinizing Obama and b) that many voted on wishful thinking and projection.  Obama cut his political teeth in the Chicago Democrat Party Machine, there is no way he is on the side of the screwed, so to speak.

And no one is calling them on this, yet . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.