Author Topic: Are We Almost Ready for a 2-Day Impeachment and Removal?  (Read 988 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Are We Almost Ready for a 2-Day Impeachment and Removal?
« on: April 07, 2020, 04:05:06 PM »
Star Member MineralMan (130,714 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213248283

That's all the time it would take, if Trump goes too far over the line with COVID-19. One day for the House to impeach and the second day to remove him in the Senate.

How much are we willing to take from this misbegotten President, Congress? Have you not had enough? How many in your states are you willing for him to sacrifice for his greed and idiocy?

Two Days. That's all it will take. I suggest starting tomorrow.

:whatever:

FiveGoodMen (19,934 posts)

1. What makes you think that the Senate would act differently this time?

Trumps approval is actually higher than it was during the first 'impeachment'...

6. Ask their states. It's time.

It's past time. We might not be quite ready, but soon enough we will be.

Who wants Trump to kill us all off? Nobody.

There's a simple solution to that. Two days.

:mental:

Star Member Ninga (7,003 posts)

2. I concur. Basta. Enough. Time to give him the hook. He's been on stage waaay toooo long.

Thomas Hurt (5,697 posts)

5. I have thought all along that 2 or 3 hundred thousand will have to die before they do anything.

If the base is still behind them and their seats are not endangered they back Trump to the end.

7. That could be. I don't know what the limit is before everyone

wakes up, including enough Senators from affected states. But such a limit on the number of deaths does exist.

I'd rather see the 2-Day impeachment and removal happen sooner than later, though.

Hearthrob (65 posts)

8. Censure is much quicker.

The House majority can do it in a 5 minute vote.

9. Censure means nothing to Trump. Only Removal will work.

I am surprised he isn't calling for installing Hillary as President...

Star Member TwilightZone (17,300 posts)

12. Not happening.

The GOP is complicit in Trump's response. There's no way they're going to throw themselves under the bus along with him.

Many seem to forget that those red-staters don't believe that Trump is at fault in any way, even when people start dying. Their "sources" tell them it's all the fault of the Democrats or China or whoever is the blame du jour.

They're not going to pressure their representatives in Congress to remove Trump because they don't even understand that Trump is the problem.

:yawn:

Chainfire (966 posts)

18. It sounds good

but the timing just isn't quite right. We need to just be patient and vote the asshole out in a landslide in Nov. Barring that, impeachment in January, criminal trials by Easter, Conviction by the 4th of July, and busting rocks in Leavenworth by Christmas. The following year could be a Nuremberg-like trial to deal with the rest of the criminal gang.

Now that would be a couple of years to remember.

Calling for another coup...  :whatever:

wiggs (6,148 posts)

19. Wrap up all the ways he has been incompetent and self-serving and

have a giant list...a cohesive case that is now seen in a different light because of CV. Two days OK with me...no need to go into details, everyone really knows what he is and what he has done.

Kicker: what will he do in the next emergency? Same thing....

Star Member Mr. Ected (5,802 posts)

22. We are ready. We've been ready. They've been bought and sold.

Our government is an equal portion USA (Democrats) and Russia (Republicans), with Russians having been installed in strategic positions, such as the Oval Office, Senate, House, and courts from District to Supreme. We can act, they will block, forever + an eternity.

I used to be an optimist. These days I believe the worst and even that doesn't adequately account for the pure greed and evil inherent in our once-manageable government.

Star Member dweller (15,722 posts)

24. Yesterday would have been better

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline jukin

Re: Are We Almost Ready for a 2-Day Impeachment and Removal?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 06:03:01 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

pees a little bit in his pants.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 06:03:38 PM »
wiggs (6,148 posts)

19. Wrap up all the ways he has been incompetent and self-serving and

have a giant list.

However, that doesn't rise to the level of removal from office. If it did, then the jug-eared piece of shit used car salesman would have been impeached his first term.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 06:14:59 PM »

Please do and hammer the final nail into the coffin of your moldering political party
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 07:09:19 PM »

That's all the time it would take, if Trump goes too far over the line with COVID-19. One day for the House to impeach and the second day to remove him in the Senate.

How much are we willing to take from this misbegotten President, Congress? Have you not had enough? How many in your states are you willing for him to sacrifice for his greed and idiocy?

Two Days. That's all it will take. I suggest starting tomorrow.

Two days or two business days?

I never heard of impeachment that lasted 2 days.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 08:15:46 PM »
Stupid like that should be fatal.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 08:20:20 PM »
Stupid like that should be fatal.

You know Minnesota Moses likes to show off.

Show-offs don't have inexhaustible material to keep the interests of an audience, though, and sometimes have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for attention-getting comments.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 08:31:43 PM »
You know Minnesota Moses likes to show off.

Show-offs don't have inexhaustible material to keep the interests of an audience, though, and sometimes have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for attention-getting comments.

Rock Head is very much like Wee Willie Pitt, Drunken Ol'Nance, the Magistrate, KPete...they only post declarative proclamations so that people bow down & give them virtual tongue baths.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 08:35:38 PM »
MM fancies himself a railroad engineer? Or that Clyburnroo is?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 12:02:53 PM »
Thomas Hurt (5,717 posts)

5. I have thought all along that 2 or 3 hundred thousand will have to die before they do anything.

If the base is still behind them and their seats are not endangered they back Trump to the end.
It will never get that high according to the new models. Wash Post said around 60,000. I do not know if those numbers include "died with China flu" or are only "died from China flu".

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 02:20:05 PM »
Just when you think the DUmbasses have reached the bottom of the barrel of stupid, some enterprising DUmmie proves you wrong by kicking the barrel out of the way and starts digging where it stood.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe