Author Topic: COVID is not infecting/killing as many as we need to stop the bad orange man!  (Read 512 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213068826

USALiberal (4,570 posts)

So, are there really only about 800 COVID cases in the USA?

Current number is 793.

Seems like with testing kits becoming available, this should be increasing by more than 100 per day.

I thought for every infected person, they can spread it to 2 or 3 others.

The number infected must be much higher.

Now, watch the magic numbers!   :lmao:

These are the people of SCIENCE!!  dammit.

LonePirate (10,412 posts)

1. I suspect it is closer to 80000 than it is to 800.

The virus has been circulating for weeks.

lapfog_1 (23,425 posts)

2. No... there are at LEAST 5000+ cases

we just don't know it yet.

Maybe 10,000... or more

lapfog_1 (23,425 posts)

14. Thanks... but I am a scientist... not an MD or epidemiologist

but I have a fair idea about this subject. At the very least I have a mathematics background. The math says I am right... the experience other countries have gone through say I'm right. Only the idiots trying to pretend this isn't happening (mostly at the top of the federal government right now) would say "we know you are wrong".

Honestly, I would love to be wrong. I would love to believe there are only 800 cases in the US right now and this is no worse than the flu... blah blah blah.

But I'm not.

The only thing s/he missed were the words "sheepishly" and "sadly".

flying_wahini (2,160 posts)

4. My guess is that there are at least 2000+ in the US alone.

But several test kits from the early batch were deemed inconclusive.

Native (2,992 posts)

6. Experts have been saying it's more like 20,000 based on modeling

But that was a couple of days ago, and the numbers grow exponentially. Lots of respected sources have done modeling, and this # seems to be the best guess as of today.

USALiberal (4,570 posts)

11. So shouldn't the deaths be closer to 500? Unless those are not reported. Nt

There you have it folks, from the smartest people on the internet and notice there is not ONE single link in ANY post to back up the rubbish they are posting.

:lmao:

We're all going to die!!!  It's true, but we're not all going to die ... today.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Online 67 Rover

Need to hear what Lancet and Reporting San Diego has to say before I believe any numbers. :rotf:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Where's the Palmer Report when you need it?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

The Trump Administration started screening passengers arriving from China on January 17th, and banned entry of foreign nationals who were coming from China (with Americans thus arriving being required to self-quarantine). While obviously imperfect, this screened out or excluded many who would have brought in the coronavirus, slowing the spread into the US.

Obviously that 800 number will increase. Some DU-folk will celebrate when the number exceeds 1000, but the numbers DU-folk pulled out of their rectums are :stoner: -grade.

For comparison, here's what Obama "accomplished" with H1N1, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic_in_the_United_States :

The 2009 flu pandemic in the United States was a novel strain of the Influenza A/H1N1 virus, commonly referred to as "swine flu", that began in the spring of 2009. The virus had spread to the US from an outbreak in Mexico.

As of mid-March 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that about 59 million Americans contracted the H1N1 virus, 265,000 were hospitalized as a result, and 12,000 died.

The earliest reported cases in the US began appearing in late March 2009, in California, then spread to infect people in Texas, New York, and assorted other states by mid-April.

On April 22, the CDC first activated its Emergency Operations Center (EOC). On April 25, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared a public health emergency of international concern. On April 26, President Obama declared a national public health emergency in the U.S.
On October 24, 2009, President Barack Obama declared Swine Flu a national emergency in the United States. On November 12, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 22 million Americans had been infected with 2009 A H1N1 and 4,000 Americans have died. On December 10, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 50 million Americans or 1 in 6 people had been infected with the 2009 A H1N1 Virus and 10,000 Americans had died, by which time the vaccine was beginning to be widely distributed to the general public by several states. On December 23, 2009 the CDC reported a reduction of the disease by 59% percent and the disease was expected to end in the United States in January 2010.

On January 15, 2010, the CDC released new estimate figures for swine flu, saying it has sickened about 55 million Americans and killed about 11,160 from April through mid-December. On February 12, 2010, the CDC released updated estimate figures for swine flu, reporting that, in total, 57 million Americans had been sickened, 257,000 had been hospitalised and 11,690 people had died (including 1,180 children) due to swine flu from April through to mid-January.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

come on people, damnit, what's wrong with you.  Get sick, damn you, get sick!!!
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020