Author Topic: So how is a tax cut going to help us with Covid-19?  (Read 534 times)

Offline CC27

So how is a tax cut going to help us with Covid-19?
« on: March 10, 2020, 08:03:07 AM »
Norbert (3,604 posts)

So how is a tax cut going to help us with Covid-19?

I saw trump's tax cut solution this morning and I was floored, especially since I am still waiting for the last one to help me.

I am so glad we have Speaker Pelosi and not Speaker Ryan now.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213067308

WTF are you talking about?

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: So how is a tax cut going to help us with Covid-19?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 08:06:38 AM »
If you're a taker rather than a maker, no tax cut in the world is going to help your situation.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 09:09:43 AM »
IIRC, Trump proposed a temporary cut in the payroll tax. This would be a BIG help to companies whose operations are disrupted by coronavirus, whether small companies unable to get materials from China (and other countries) or large companies unable to do business travel (e.g. marketing shows, engineering design reviews, technical support, etc.) and/or have people who had/have to be quarantined after travel.

If DU-member Norbert can't figure out at least some of that - it's not complicated if I can figure it out! - maybe his/her "career" has involved considerable dependence on government social programs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 09:43:58 AM »
IIRC, Trump proposed a temporary cut in the payroll tax. This would be a BIG help to companies whose operations are disrupted by coronavirus, whether small companies unable to get materials from China (and other countries) or large companies unable to do business travel (e.g. marketing shows, engineering design reviews, technical support, etc.) and/or have people who had/have to be quarantined after travel.

If DU-member Norbert can't figure out at least some of that - it's not complicated if I can figure it out! - maybe his/her "career" has involved considerable dependence on government social programs.

I think that drives 99% of their thinking.  Just reading over there for the last many years I've come to the conclusion that at least 50% (and probably far more) are on some kind of government assistance and I'm NOT talking about those who are drawing their earned SS benefits.  IE; those who have actually worked, contributed, and are now retired drawing their retirement assistance check.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 09:48:51 AM »
I can understand, though, why DU-folk would be POed by the possibility of the economic damage and layoffs DU-folk so desire being mitigated and/or averted.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 09:52:21 AM »
I can understand, though, why DU-folk would be POed by the possibility of the economic damage and layoffs DU-folk so desire being mitigated and/or averted.

Absolutely.  They fully buy into the concept of "No good crisis should go to waste".  That's it, plain and simple.  If there's a way to make political hay off of this, they are going to be angling for it.  They MUST have a good crisis because they know they are not going to beat Trump in November without something, anything.  They reek of desperation.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen