Author Topic: I don't like what I am hearing about republican states giving all their electora  (Read 836 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287591081

mysteryowl (2,515 posts)

I don't like what I am hearing about republican states giving all their electorate

votes to Trump. There are at least 11 states that are republican majority house and senate and the constitution says they can vote to allocate ALL their electoral college votes to Trump. They would throw out and votes to a democrat. Sorry to add to the worry .

First this post doesn't make much sense due to the illiteracy of this DUmmie (like most of them), but I guess this DUmmie is trying to say the state legislature would be the one to tell the electoral reps of the state how to cast the vote ... still it doesn't make any sense.

BlueTillIDie (261 posts)

1. are you saying

that they wouldn't hold elections?

mysteryowl (2,515 posts)

6. I don't fully understand it.

But, after the vote is in, each state can pose a vote of their legislature. The legislature (both senate and congressional) can vote to have ALL their electoral collage votes delegated to Trump, for that election.

Very worrisome and very republican. They said it was constitutional and last done in 1968.

beachbumbob (2,819 posts)

3. I know of no state that has or will change the electoral outcome,

in changing the will of the voters. Its political suicide.

You may want to tell that to the DUmmies who have been cheering the states that have come up with that 'pact' to cast their electoral college votes for whomever wins the popular vote NATIONALLY despite what their STATE votes choose.

lapfog_1 (23,162 posts)

7. extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof

links?

mysteryowl (2,515 posts)

8. I heard it on NPR radio. This morning.

They've asked this DUmmie the same question 3-4 times and the DUmmie gives them the same answer each time.  I don't think they read their own threads before posting. 

brooklynite (59,236 posts)

12. What - exactly - did you hear?

mysteryowl (2,516 posts)

14. The thread is flushing it out. More is being said.

Whatever the hell that means!   :rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
mysteryowl (2,516 posts)

14. The thread is flushing it out. More is being said.
This has toast, the tide has legs.

Is mysteryowl a Nadin sock puppet???
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
This has toast, the tide has legs.

Is mysteryowl a Nadin sock puppet???

:lmao:

^5

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

It's the RUSSIANS!!! :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline GOP Congress

Back in the 2016 GOP primary when I was a Cruz supporter, I was pissed when when Trump got a lot of cross-party primary votes, perhaps many by these same DUmmies, of whose votes more than likely cost Cruz delegates.

So suck it up, stutterbutts.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline SVPete

mysteryowl shouldn't listen to NPR and :stoner: at the same time. My wild-ass guess is that it's a highly distorted and misunderstood allusion/illusion to Texas winning in LULAC's lawsuit against Texas' winner-takes-all system of awarding all of Texas' electoral votes to whichever Presidential candidate wins Texas' popular vote.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
beachbumbob

3. I know of no state that has or will change the electoral outcome, in changing the will of the voters. Its political suicide.

This from the same kooks who were begging the 2016 Electoral College voters to ignore how their State voted and rather vote for Hillary.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Adam Wood

WTF is this DUmmie talking about?  All but 2 states (I think) are winner-take-all, and have been for a very long time.  Maine and (I think) North Dakota are the only ones who potentially split their electoral vote.  Cripes!  This is why California and Texas are such prizes! 

Sorry, DUmmie, but you're too stupid to vote. Go sit in the corner.

Offline GOP Congress

This, from a party that has decided to gang up on one of its more successful candidates and shut him down. What they are doing to Bernie Sanders, while hilarious to watch on its own, is actually scarier from a standpoint of what happens if the Democrats EVER win the presidency and control both chambers of Congress. Keep in mind they are now talking about shutting down the rest of the primaries, and certainly the primary debates, to prevent the most gaffe-prone frontrunner in the history of the United States to add to the meme-industrial complex. (In fact, they are even talking about Biden not even debating against Trump, but for now it's just chatter.)

In short, Biden is the most manipulated Manchurian candidate in the history of the country. Pure and simple.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle