Author Topic: Etheridge (D) Concedes To Ellmers (R) in NC-2 (the student strangler loses)  (Read 939 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
remember etheridge?  he snapped under the pressure of the health care vote, and the video became a youtube sensation.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v60oNUoHBYM[/youtube]

Etheridge Concedes To Ellmers For District-2 Seat

Totals from a recount of the North Carolina congressional race for District-2 show Renee Ellmers has defeated Congressman Bob Etheridge.

At press conference Friday, Etheridge conceded victory to Ellmers.

"[T]he election recount has concluded, and the numbers confirm that despite the incredible support we had -- and neither candidate getting to 50 percent -- in the end we came up just a little too short," Etheridge said. "I congratulate Mrs. Ellmers and wish her well as she prepares to serve the people of North Carolina’s Second District."

During his speech, Etheridge noted his accomplishments during his 13 years in Congress.

Link

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
And if you don't think that video swayed a few voters in his district...
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tess Anderson

I wouldn't have voted for him regardless of his politics after seeing that. What an asshole, I'm glad this one is finally over - way to go, North Carolina!

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
+1 Red team  :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
My NC friends are pretty happy about it.  Suck it, Etheridge.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

Offline Karin

I'll just drop this here.  Another one for the red team:  From DailyCaller, this morning.

Texas Congressman Solomon Ortiz has conceded defeat to Republican newcomer Blake Farenthold.

Ortiz’s concession came late Monday, after a South Texas recount confirmed he had lost a House seat he held for nearly three decades.

The 73-year-old congressman said that although he hadn’t seen official results, he believed he picked up about 150 votes in the recount — but still lost to Farenthold by about 650.

Farenthold is the former owner of a computer consulting business and a self-described “sidekick” on local talk radio. He received strong support from tea party activists in a district that stretches from Corpus Christi on the Gulf Coast to Brownsville on the border with Mexico.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/22/texas-us-rep-ortiz-concedes-defeat-to-republican/#ixzz167WTvQ9r

New York still has two outstanding.  One on Long Island, and one up near Syracuse.  Both are close, but looking pretty good.  They're still counting the absentees.  Is that how you interpret it, fellow NYers?

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
I'll just drop this here.  Another one for the red team:  From DailyCaller, this morning.

New York still has two outstanding.  One on Long Island, and one up near Syracuse.  Both are close, but looking pretty good.  They're still counting the absentees.  Is that how you interpret it, fellow NYers?

I just heard they had the Dem concede in NY-25. :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

Suck it, libs, +1R again. What does that make, 63?  64?  I've lost count.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Elections board certifies Ellmers' win

WRAL
Bye bye, Bob.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.