Author Topic: Who would you vote for?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Firekin4

• Probationary (Probie)
Who would you vote for?
« on: October 07, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »
I'm sure it's been asked before, but I'm on a flip phone and can't find it, so I'm just gonna ask again: Who would you vote for if  it actually mattered? xD

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
Re: Who would you vote for?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »
Ted Nugent

:rocker:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqFUEcM9wR0[/youtube]
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 09:49:17 PM »
Myself

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 10:54:35 PM »
None of the Above.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Fundraiser

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 11:03:09 PM »
Monty Python

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 09:48:31 AM »
Ron Paul

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:34:59 AM »
At this point, Donald Trump or Ben Carson, or Ted Cruz.  Still debating with myself on the rest of them.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 10:50:52 AM »
If it comes down to Jeb Bush v. Hillary Clinton in the general election, I'll write in Obama's name. :whistling:

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 02:00:55 PM »
If it comes down to Jeb Bush v. Hillary Clinton in the general election, I'll write in Obama's name. :whistling:

I've always been a Bugs Bunny girl.  Sorry, Ptarmy!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 02:46:00 PM »
Eeyore -- he is a realist.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 10:52:47 PM »
Eeyore -- he is a realist.

It'll never work.

My vote would be for Gilligan.
He sabotaged every escape of the castaways, but he's not the one who stranded them there.
I know Bob Denver has since passed away, but that doesn't keep him from voting dem, or me from voting for  him.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 02:08:28 AM »
I'm sure it's been asked before, but I'm on a flip phone and can't find it, so I'm just gonna ask again: Who would you vote for if  it actually mattered? xD
Everyone is having a bit of fun in this thread. Cruz is my choice by far.
*** Let me turn the tables and ask: Who do YOU support?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 01:31:09 PM »
I WILL NOT vote for any of the following RINO candidates: Jeb Bush, Christ Christie, Rick Santorum, Gilmore (I don't even know his first name), Lindsay Graham, Ben Carson or Carly Fiorinia. The rest of the candidates have some sort of acceptability in one way or another.

I look for Rand Paul to drop out soon as he is having a very difficult time financially and some of his staff has left.  I like Jindal a lot but his popularity isn't there nor are his finances and I too look for him to drop off soon.  Huckabee is so-so and is considered a career politician and he's run before so that pretty much will eliminate him.  Rubio has gained in the polls but because he was part of the Gang of 8 won't win his home state and his stance on amnesty will sink him. That leaves Trump and Cruz. 

TED CRUZ 2016!   REIGNITING THE PROMISE OF AMERICA!!!
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 02:22:16 PM »

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 04:44:36 PM »
I WILL NOT vote for any of the following RINO candidates: Jeb Bush, Christ Christie, Rick Santorum, Gilmore (I don't even know his first name), Lindsay Graham, Ben Carson or Carly Fiorinia. The rest of the candidates have some sort of acceptability in one way or another.

I look for Rand Paul to drop out soon as he is having a very difficult time financially and some of his staff has left.  I like Jindal a lot but his popularity isn't there nor are his finances and I too look for him to drop off soon.  Huckabee is so-so and is considered a career politician and he's run before so that pretty much will eliminate him.  Rubio has gained in the polls but because he was part of the Gang of 8 won't win his home state and his stance on amnesty will sink him. That leaves Trump and Cruz. 

Trump/Cruz works for me.  Why is Ben Carson a RINO, just curious?  He's not my guy by any means so it's not like I'm gonna jump up and defend him.  Same for Fiorina, although I will be the first to admit Trump is more libertarian, free market and law and order than he is a social conservative the way Cruz is.
Still waiting for Firekin4 to weigh in with his choice, since he started this thread.  And, if it doesn't matter, as he pretty much flat out says in his OP, why does it make any difference to him who we choose, if anyone.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 06:22:51 PM »
Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 04:59:11 AM »

I think Trump could turn this country around; so he is my first choice but Cruz would be my second. Don't care for the rest of them. I just hope we get an outsider. 

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »
I couldn't stand Trump at first, ,but after watching the migrant crisis in Europe, I'm all in.  Immigration is the most important issue facing our country.  He's the only one who is willing to build a wall, stop illegal immigration, and curtail the H1-B visa nonsense.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 05:14:44 PM »
It'll never work.

My vote would be for Gilligan.
He sabotaged every escape of the castaways, but he's not the one who stranded them there.
I know Bob Denver has since passed away, but that doesn't keep him from voting dem, or me from voting for  him.

He never nailed Mary Anne.  Why, no one will ever know.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 08:19:42 AM »
He never nailed Mary Anne.  Why, no one will ever know.

The Skipper was a jealous master.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 02:25:56 PM »
I couldn't stand Trump at first, ,but after watching the migrant crisis in Europe, I'm all in.  Immigration is the most important issue facing our country.  He's the only one who is willing to build a wall, stop illegal immigration, and curtail the H1-B visa nonsense.

Trump is ok.  However, Cruz is another who is willing to build a wall and has even made mention of putting to use our old land mines that have been sitting around for a time at the border.  He also stated that bringing refugees here is "crazy" and called Obama a radical and a zealot for wanting to bring refugees here. Cruz on Cruz on illegal immigration:

-  End Obama's illegal amnesty via Congress' checks & balances. (Nov 2014)
   -  Defund amnesty; and refuse any nominees until rescinded. (Nov 2014)
   -  No path to citizenship for 1.65 million illegals in Texas. (Oct 2012)
   -  Give police more power to ask about immigration status. (Jun 2012)
   -  Boots on the ground, plus a wall. (Apr 2012)
   -  Triple the size of the Border Patrol. (Mar 2012)
    - Strengthen border security and increase enforcement. (Jul 2011)

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/ted-cruz-obama-radical-and-zealot-welcoming-refugees-coming-here-commit-jihad
http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Ted_Cruz.htm
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 06:22:08 PM »
Trump is ok.  However, Cruz is another who is willing to build a wall and has even made mention of putting to use our old land mines that have been sitting around for a time at the border.  He also stated that bringing refugees here is "crazy" and called Obama a radical and a zealot for wanting to bring refugees here. Cruz on Cruz on illegal immigration:

-  End Obama's illegal amnesty via Congress' checks & balances. (Nov 2014)
   -  Defund amnesty; and refuse any nominees until rescinded. (Nov 2014)
   -  No path to citizenship for 1.65 million illegals in Texas. (Oct 2012)
   -  Give police more power to ask about immigration status. (Jun 2012)
   -  Boots on the ground, plus a wall. (Apr 2012)
   -  Triple the size of the Border Patrol. (Mar 2012)
    - Strengthen border security and increase enforcement. (Jul 2011)

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/ted-cruz-obama-radical-and-zealot-welcoming-refugees-coming-here-commit-jihad
http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Ted_Cruz.htm

I've got no real issue with Ted Cruz, he's my second fav after Trump, and only because I think Trump can do more to make this country richer again.  As far as security, keeping illegals out of this country and keeping our nation safe from terrorists while getting back some of the world's respect for putting the ultimate putz in charge for two terms, well Cruz would do all that as well as Trump.

Offline The Stranger

• Just Off Probation
  • Every man is like the company he keeps
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 06:52:33 AM »
Right now my no vote list is much longer then my vote for list.
Definite no's are Christie, Bush, Graham, I like Carson but, and yes Trump.
Maybe Cruz, Rubio, Jindal and ?Rubio?.
Oh and I'm sure I will change my mind several times by election day.
"Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"