Author Topic: VIDEO: Going Into Current Events Hibernation for a Week  (Read 1063 times)

Offline pjcomix

VIDEO: Going Into Current Events Hibernation for a Week
« on: November 06, 2019, 01:06:56 PM »
I'm going to try to completely cut myself off from current events for a week during my Steve Kane Radio Show Caribbean Cruise. Mainly I have opted OUT of high speed internet on board since I already spend more than enough time normally on the Web plus due to my upgraded drink package, I probably won't be in much shape to absorb what would be going on in the world.

However, despite being cut off from the news, I might actually be making the news with a YUUUUUUGE announcement on board which will either make people throughout the USA very happy or very depressed. Hopefully you will be in the former category.

Another big highlight is that I plan to interview the former producer of the legendary Joe Pyne show, Steve Kane himself. I am looking his input as to background information on the Joe Pyne show and about Joe Pyne himself. It is no coincidence that Steve ended up having the longest running radio show of any kind in the state of Florida--- Over 42 years on the air.

Finally I am looking forward to diving in Stingray Bay in the Caymans. I've been wanting to do that for years, and now I will have that opportunity.

https://youtu.be/g6XkjxyVTGE

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: VIDEO: Going Into Current Events Hibernation for a Week
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 01:28:21 PM »
Just promise not to go all steve Irwin on us with those stingrays!
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline pjcomix

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 02:44:27 PM »
Yeah. I like to see them but I'm not falling in love with them to the extent of getting up close. BTW, I had something like that happen when I lived in California. I was diving in the kelp beds when suddenly I saw a whale. It was just about 15 feet away from me and my first impulse was to get right up to it and rub the feller. However, I remember someone saying that a whale is so powerful that just a quick flip of its fin could break a person's arm so I kept my distance. It was very cool though since it's eyeball was tracking me as I was moving around.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 03:11:23 PM »
The Caymans are my favorite island in the Caribbean for the beauty of the water, and I've been to all the main ones as far South as Martinique. I did the Stingray adventure a few years ago. Basically it's a sandbar where the tour guides capture a stingray and you can have your pic taken and they swim around you because they think you're going to feed them. I'd do it again; it was fun. I enjoyed being in the water (it's so clear there) and looking at all the various shades of blue and green.

Otherwise, Costa Maya is OK as is Cozumel. Your wife will probably hit you up for some jewelry in Mexico. The only thing I'd recommend is buying the Rum cakes and you can get vanilla extract there cheap, cheap, cheap (if one of you likes to bake).

I enjoy the days at sea with nothing to do but sail, and you got a couple of those. Very relaxing!

Have fun!!
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.