Author Topic: Nature does what nature does, sends moonbat into therapy  (Read 16710 times)

Offline sofa king

Re: Nature does what nature does, sends moonbat into therapy
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2010, 01:31:55 AM »
Completely ok with bugs......sweet!  Much of fear is taught to us.  What a lovely experience for you.  And what a sweet girl!

i know!

i will venture out into the forest.  in my combat boots.  all tough guy i am.  avoiding bugs as i go.

leal?

she goes barefoot.  loving every bug she sees.

who is the tough guy now?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2010, 04:28:45 AM »
You know, I didn't have a clue until recently how hardcore Blue Jays are. I've seen every single bird in my yard fly away when one approaches. I had no clue they were part of the crow family. They don't mess around, that is for sure.

Lessee . . . I've been dive-bombed by robins, and I've absolutely hated blue jays.  I have seem male cardinals, solo, run multiple blue jays out of a bird feeder--multiple times.  I hate the ****ers--except when they play the Yankees.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2010, 05:50:49 AM »
:lmao:

I had to go google "coatimundi."  Never heard of it. 

I have a woods, and will sometimes hear an owl successfully obtain dinner.  I can't freak about that, I just think, "well, the owl needs to eat, too."  Nevertheless, I can't watch it on TV, like on that series "Life."  I just have to change the channel till it's over. 

They're border hoppers.  When I was in that part of Arizona, the Huachuca Mountains, they had been there less than ten years.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Karin

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2010, 12:39:18 PM »
Thanks for the nice story, Sofa King. 

I've had some dogs that were the opposite of what you guys have talked about.  I had a Springer Spaniel who was just fantastic, and birding was in her blood.  She caught a live, healthy bird in her mouth, but did not bite.  Opened her mouth and bird flew away.  She somehow knew she wasn't supposed to gnaw or damage the game. 

Then I had a German Shepherd, Kaiser, who was just so gentle and goofy.  Once he found a harmless snake, put it in his mouth without biting.  The snake curled up on both ends in protest.  He walked around like that, looking like he had a big handlebar mustache.   :lmao:  Until we saw him, of course. 

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2010, 12:42:10 PM »
ummm, back up.

The original poster Ruby, she didn't actually see this episode just has visuals giving her nightmares?  Ya think her auntie or mom (whoever told her the story) is a sadist?  Better yet, bet she's a Republican!
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »
ummm, back up.

The original poster Ruby, she didn't actually see this episode just has visuals giving her nightmares?  Ya think her auntie or mom (whoever told her the story) is a sadist?  Better yet, bet she's a Republican!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2010, 12:44:59 PM »
Love the story SK.  Enjoying all the stories here but that one is a winner.

Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2010, 01:56:02 PM »
LOL, my husband is a fisherman and his friends are fishermen and hunters, but I think he's amused by my feelings toward animals. When he goes fishing and comes home I always ask if he threw all the fish back, he just gives me that look like are you kidding.
Guess ya don't want to hear about all the pheasants I've killed just with the truck? Or the coyotes gettin the calves....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2010, 02:24:02 PM »
Guess ya don't want to hear about all the pheasants I've killed just with the truck? Or the coyotes gettin the calves....

No LOL! I'm still not over my husband hitting a squirrel in the road.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2010, 02:49:52 PM »
Well, Ballygrl, you might as well skip over this post.  I was on my way to take my driver's license test waaaaay back ago, and as my father and I were headed down a hill about three miles from their house, a couple of robins took off and tried to go across the road in front of us.  One hit the car antenna and wound up coming through my father's open window, hit the B-pillar of the Mirada, and died on the back seat.  I could tell it was a young robin, from the coloration of the bird.  Between my laughter at what had happened, and my father yelling at me to stop the (expletive removed) car, it was quite the time.  He took it out of the back seat with a handkerchief and left it by the side of the road.  Damn bird lay there for a week. 

Over the next few years, I racked up seven birds, a chipmunk, a rabbit, and damn near a whitetail doe.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »
Well, Ballygrl, you might as well skip over this post.  I was on my way to take my driver's license test waaaaay back ago, and as my father and I were headed down a hill about three miles from their house, a couple of robins took off and tried to go across the road in front of us.  One hit the car antenna and wound up coming through my father's open window, hit the B-pillar of the Mirada, and died on the back seat.  I could tell it was a young robin, from the coloration of the bird.  Between my laughter at what had happened, and my father yelling at me to stop the (expletive removed) car, it was quite the time.  He took it out of the back seat with a handkerchief and left it by the side of the road.  Damn bird lay there for a week. 

Over the next few years, I racked up seven birds, a chipmunk, a rabbit, and damn near a whitetail doe.
I went over limit one day with my ranger....got 5 pheasants in one day....big male took a chunk outta my grill
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2010, 04:02:15 PM »
I used to work for a Texas seismograph company all over Texas, NM, OK and Kansas. I can tell you that Jack Rabbits do NOT fare well against a Ford PU doing 70. In less than 3 years I'd gotten several hundred. A handfull of wild Gerbils, a couple of Coyotes, a Road Runner and a Prairie Owl. The Owl survived but he got to hang out with me all night after he came to. He was NOT impressed.  :rotf:

Offline longview

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2010, 05:49:21 PM »
I went over limit one day with my ranger....got 5 pheasants in one day....big male took a chunk outta my grill

I hate pheasants for that reason.  Geez, those plastic grill fascias are pricey.  And it's very difficult to find one intact from junkyards.
I have an obscene name for pheasants.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2010, 06:39:40 PM »
I hate pheasants for that reason.  Geez, those plastic grill fascias are pricey.  And it's very difficult to find one intact from junkyards.
I have an obscene name for pheasants.

Problem is, those expensive fancy grilles protect your even more expensive radiator. :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2010, 05:19:13 AM »
I forgot to add that one day, about twenty years ago, I damn near put a jake turkey through my grille of my then-Jetta at 75 mph.  A dozen turkeys sitting on the median of I-87 just below Exit 12, and me in the southbound left lane.  Four decided to cross.  I heard the tailfeathers of the last one scrape the passengers' side fender.  It would have been similar to hitting a bowling ball.

Chase her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2010, 07:44:20 AM »
Quote from:
Bonobo

I'd rather see that than watch people step blithely over homeless people.

How about blithely stepping over homeless people just before they're carried away by owls?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2010, 09:08:25 AM »
How about blithely stepping over homeless people just before they're carried away by owls?

That one works for me, but that would be one big owl!

Chase her.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »

The only good coyote is a DEAD coyote! There are more than enough of the damn critters! I shoot every one I see!

"The Ranch" and coyotes are on opposite ends of life's spectrum.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2010, 01:00:20 PM »
The only good coyote is a DEAD coyote! There are more than enough of the damn critters! I shoot every one I see!

"The Ranch" and coyotes are on opposite ends of life's spectrum.

Can't say that I'm enamored of 'yotes, either.

Chase her.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2010, 02:24:33 PM »
Can't say that I'm enamored of 'yotes, either.

We get as much as $150 a pelt when they have their winter coat on! It's an art in order to skin them properly, though. Oh, and quite a chore when you get to the skull.

That ought to put the lurkin' DUmbasses into a tizzy!

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2010, 03:33:02 PM »
My old Siberian Huskey kept the back yard small animal free, but, as he was well fed, he just chased everything off, including sparrows. A dog that kills without hunger can be dangerous to kids and passersby. 

Retrevers are bred to have a "soft mouth" and bring the aminals back alive. My childhood Lab' was great at that, but hated squirrils after one bit him. After that, he'd kill any he caught with a head whip that broke their necks, throwing them up and behind him. He never missed his stride, nor looked back. It was an interesting habit to watch..

And that killed kitten, Darwinism on display.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2010, 03:54:30 PM »
My old Siberian Huskey kept the back yard small animal free, but, as he was well fed, he just chased everything off, including sparrows. A dog that kills without hunger can be dangerous to kids and passersby. 

Retrevers are bred to have a "soft mouth" and bring the aminals back alive. My childhood Lab' was great at that, but hated squirrils after one bit him. After that, he'd kill any he caught with a head whip that broke their necks, throwing them up and behind him. He never missed his stride, nor looked back. It was an interesting habit to watch..

Our Siberian Husky wasn't too bothered by any of the squirrels or chipmunks in the backyard.  Other dogs, OTOH, if they were around, he was not happy.  When he got out, he'd pretty much go after any dog his size or bigger--sometimes he'd go after multiple dogs.  Not terribly smart--but brave.

Chase her.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2010, 03:58:44 PM »

My lab is a serial killer when it comes to mice! They get in the hay and occasionally jump out when I feed. I've seen her kill 8 at once! She won't eat 'em, she just crunches 'em up. Quite a sound bite, if ya get my drift!

Still, when we go duck or geese huntin' she won't wrinkle a feather!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2010, 07:02:09 AM »

I have had a paper route now for about 16 months.  When the transmission went out on my primary car (Sherman, my 1980 Chevy Malibu.  Yes, I name my cars....), I started using my backup car, a 1993 Buick Century named Pepe.

I call it Pepe because when I started using it last summer, in the past year, I've killed 16 skunks (2 in one night!), 10 possums, 4 'coons, 4 rabbits, 3 birds, a cat and a deer.  I have hit more wildlife in the year I've driven the Buick than I have in the 35 years I've had a drivers license!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2010, 07:13:18 AM »
My lab is a serial killer when it comes to mice! They get in the hay and occasionally jump out when I feed. I've seen her kill 8 at once! She won't eat 'em, she just crunches 'em up. Quite a sound bite, if ya get my drift!

Still, when we go duck or geese huntin' she won't wrinkle a feather!

On the farm, we had a half-breed Beagle cross named Sid, who would follow our Haybine around the field EVERY SINGLE round when we mowed hay.  He'd stay about 4-5 winrows out, and when I ran a rabbit out of the grass, he'd jump on it, kill it, and re-joined the Haybine mowing hay.

Once, I ran a possum out of the grass, when Sid jumped on it, it "died", so he left it alone.  I went back, picked it up, threw it in the cab with me, and started off.  About 20-30 yards along, the possum "woke up" and wanted out, so I let him out, with the aid of my size 12 boots.  Sid jumped it again, again it "died", and again I put it back in the cab, and assisted its exit.  We repeated this about 2-3 more times....

BTW, there are 2 animals I detest and will kill on sight.  Possums and groundhogs.  But that's a story for another day....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.