Author Topic: Science: GOP voters better informed, open-minded  (Read 7518 times)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Science: GOP voters better informed, open-minded
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 01:46:01 AM »
And, I'll note after more than a day and multiple trolling attempts on other threads, Uncommon Sense has not replied to that post.

Game, set and match.

Once a troll, always a troll.  :whatever:
UncommonSense claims to have no agenda. The is at a minimum an axe to grind.

edited to remove "d"
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 03:51:49 AM »
UncommonSense claims to have no agenda. The is at a minimum an axe to grind.

edited to remove "d"

How can you tell when someone HAS an agenda...when they loudly and repeatedly claim they have none.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline UncommonSense

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 08:37:24 AM »
Let's break this down, shall we?

You make these comments:

Since you like to parse words, I wouldn't characterize The Daily Caller as a blog. It appears to be an online news source, though I'm not any sort of authority on this point. You might call Munro's article a blog, but I'd call it an straight ahead article simply because he's reporting on the Pew Survey -- not espousing an opinion.

But to cut to the chase before getting into the meat of the matter, your post, on its face, is trolling behavior because you flat-out generalize that "the vast majority of people reading the link in the OP didn't go to the source (the Pew) survey." Project much?

You make this outrageous, inflammatory claim, insinuating that most, if not all, of the posters on this thread are a bunch of mindless idiots. Strike One.

But let's go on.

You show you can't find your ass with a road map when you make this statement:

And then you further show your blindness/laziness when you offer this:

Within the Pew survey, there is this, which I quoted in response to you:

I'm getting the sense that you're a word parser. Like most arrogant narcissists like your hero Barry, you like to jump on fine points and act butthurt when you're actually expected to draw a conclusion based on inference.

One might infer, for example, that "GOP supporters are better educated" simply because of the statement "Republicans fare substantially better than Democrats on several questions in the survey, as is typically the case in surveys about political knowledge."

It's an inference or a conclusion based on the results of the survey. Does it actually state that? No. But then, this isn't a court of law. It's a discussion forum. Strike Two.

But let's go on, shall we?

You whined about this:
by stating:

Again, I question your reading comprehension skills, because the author makes the statement "Pew's data suggest..." How could anyone POSSIBLY conclude that Pew is drawing those conclusions? You're reading Munro's article, not the Pew Survey - or did you forget that little item?

But then you arrogantly go on with your final smear:

Here's a news flash, genius - the media's JOB is to mislead people. And they're quite good at it. Oh, they'll tell you that they take the moral high ground and a freshman journalism major will soak up the bullshit "the media reports the facts and allows the people to decide", but if you've been around longer than 20 minutes, you know it's bullshit. The media will make an editorial attempt to steer you toward their POV. Every time. It happens on the left, and it happens on the right. Strike Three.

So again, what's your point? (That's a rhetorical question.)

Your point is, you waltzed into this thread to stir shit. That's the classic definition of a troll - and I'm calling you on it.

Bitchslapped for trolling.

I think some of my points are valid, but your right.  I came on a bit strong and I should have expected this type of backlash.  I'll work on it. 

Cheers...

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 10:10:51 AM »
I think some of my points are valid, but your right.  I came on a bit strong and I should have expected this type of backlash.  I'll work on it. 

Cheers...

Lovely.  :whatever:

While you're "working on it", you might want to pay special attention to your proclivity to insult and otherwise castigate other posters. You, a brand new member of this forum, managed to insult a number of other members with your initial post in this thread, not to say you didn't do the same in other threads.

You'll note that liberals such as yourself are not immediately banned for participating in "spirited debate", but a certain amount of decorum is expected. You were invited to introduce yourself after your first post. You failed to do so because you were caught up in your troll-like behavior. You finally got the point when a second person reminded you to do so, but it still took you 15 posts to "get it."

Having the discussions is certainly a part of this community and is a practice that is relished by many.

If it's your intention to be a part of this community, I'd suggest you get into the habit of doing the following:

1.  Present your POV. NOTE: Challenging the community to present THEIR point of view up front is borderline trollish, IMHO.
2.  Offer evidence that supports your POV. Note: Wikipedia, the Daily Kos, the Huffington Post, Media Matters, and other liberal rags aren't generally considered unbiased, as is WorldNetDaily on the conservative side.
3.  Engage in discussion, but asking questions about what others believe in an endless stream accomplishes little.
4.  Put your seat belt on.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 11:29:02 AM »
How can you tell when someone HAS an agenda...when they loudly and repeatedly claim they have none.
I'm sensing this is a rhetorical question, so I will ask you a rhetorical question. Is it ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline UncommonSense

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 02:39:50 PM »
I'm sensing this is a rhetorical question, so I will ask you a rhetorical question. Is it ?

If an agenda is a "list" of things to then I suppose we all have things to do....

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2012, 03:34:03 PM »
If an agenda is a "list" of things to then I suppose we all have things to do....
Why are you resisting the use of the word "agenda". The way I mean it is singular or plural. It is a worldview that is made manifest step by step. Not necessarily having one item priority, but the overall goal of, how did owebuma put it...radical change.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2012, 11:54:19 PM »

Yeah pretty much.  It's like claiming not to be a Liberal...flat out denying it...despite the fact everything you say andbelieve in screams "I'm a Liberal".

They run from what they truly believe in because they (Liberals) know that their policies and beliefs are not accepted by a majority of Americans.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 12:42:39 AM »
Yeah pretty much.  It's like claiming not to be a Liberal...flat out denying it...despite the fact everything you say andbelieve in screams "I'm a Liberal".

They run from what they truly believe in because they (Liberals) know that their policies and beliefs are not accepted by a majority of Americans.
Good post txradioguy, and yes, it is a very underhanded, cowardly dishonest philosophy.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 12:46:30 AM »
it is a very underhanded, cowardly dishonest philosophy.

Well they have to engage in deciet.  All you have to do is look at the DUmp to see the true ugly face of Liberalism.

Now who in all honsety and good conscience would stand up and say in public...especially if you're trying to get elected...that you support that?