Author Topic: I had a kind'a upsetting day  (Read 780 times)

Offline CC27

I had a kind'a upsetting day
« on: February 13, 2020, 08:09:33 AM »
3Hotdogs (3,551 posts)

I had a kind'a upsetting day.

Got a letter inviting me to my h.s. class 60th reunion. Included was a listing of deceased class members.... 54 of them of a class of 153.

Some were strong athletes in the day... our school teams won many state championships in football and track.

Some were girls who distracted me from my studies. I know I would'a gone to Harvard or Columbia if I didn't spend class time looking at them out of the corner of my eye and pondering --- well, lets not go there. As it was, my graduating class rank was third from the bottom. I blame them girls on it.

Several became lawyers, school teachers, principals -- one was even a Nobel Prize laureate.

Some were friends. One of them, I couldn't stand because he was a bit of a bully to me.

Most of them just got through school as best as they could like everyone else. Contrary to popular sayings, high school is not the best time of most of our lives. That, I learned one night in a hotel room in the Poconos. It was a couple of years after h.s. and I was on a ski trip with a group of employees from a local insurance company. It was about 1 a.m., I was in the room getting ready for bed when the door opened and my new room mate came in, three sheets to the wind. Bar had just closed for the night. We made introductions and recognized we were both from the same school. He was two years ahead of me.

He was on the football team that had won the state championship, two years in a row. I envied him at that time. I weighed 105 lbs. in my senior year and I wasn't scheduled to excel at any sport. I told him I remembered watching him at the football field and how good a player he was. It was at that point, he broke down in tears, remembering the pain of getting hit and the emotional pain of having his play not meet his father's expectation of a top notch football player.

Two years ago, I encountered the quarterback of the team in our senior year. He broke his hip during a game and now walks bent over a cane from arthritis where he had his injury.

I concluded that maybe I didn't have it so bad, after all.

I don't know if I will attend the reunion. The two people I was closest to are on the deceased list. Those that are left, nothing against them but would there be anything to talk about besides grand kids, how I screwed up my marriage and how I screwed up most of the jobs I had.

Anyway, that's what's going through my head tonight.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212983704

Wow is all i can say.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: I had a kind'a upsetting day
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 08:13:46 AM »
Well, like all dimocrats....it SUCKS to be you.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 09:16:38 AM »
Quote from:
Those that are left, nothing against them but would there be anything to talk about besides grand kids, how I screwed up my marriage and how I screwed up most of the jobs I had.

Perfect reason for you to go, primitive; you’ll make everyone else feel good about themselves.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 09:42:34 AM »
Ah, yet another DUmbass reminiscing about the zenith of their pathetic lives. It must suck when the high point of your life is high school.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 12:10:06 PM »
L-O-S-E-R.... loooooooser. 

LOSER
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 02:07:09 PM »
3Hotdogs (3,551 posts)

Got a letter inviting me to my h.s. class 60th reunion. Included was a listing of deceased class members.... 54 of them of a class of 153.

:thatsright: Welcome to the reality you should have noticed 20 years ago.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 03:46:11 PM »
3Hotdogs (3,551 posts)

Got a letter inviting me to my h.s. class 60th reunion. Included was a listing of deceased class members....

And my name was on it!! :thatsright:

:-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 04:59:58 PM »

I don't know if I will attend the reunion. The two people I was closest to are on the deceased list. Those that are left, nothing against them but would there be anything to talk about besides grand kids, how I screwed up my marriage and how I screwed up most of the jobs I had.

Typical DEM voter!!!  However, one must admit, this DUmmy is brutally honest!   :o

Ah, yet another DUmbass reminiscing about the zenith of their pathetic lives. It must suck when the high point of your life is high school.

Yes, some people peak too early!   :-)
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »
Some people's only real purpose in life is to serve as a bad example.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 06:42:20 PM »
As I said before, for some people, their whole life is one giant high school. They never left high school.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 06:44:22 PM »

Finally the real reason (s)he's reluctant to attend the reunion, being faced with how (s)he's failed in life.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.