Author Topic: Down and Dirty  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Down and Dirty
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:10:04 AM »
Down and Dirty

I don't have a favorite candidate for the upcoming election. There are many that I don't want to get elected but to come forth with a clear cut choice of who I do want to get elected is a little beyond me right now.

I don't know much about John McCain except he's taken some stands on issues that I find myself at odds with and stands on other issues that I agree with.

But be that as it is, whoever was guilty of planting rumors Besmirching Senator McCain's service in the Vietnam War and even going so far as calling him a traitor while he was in the hands of the north Vietnamese, claiming that he gave up military secrets while he was imprisoned at the Hanoi Hilton, is about as low as you can go.

Regardless of what you think of the present day Senator John McCain, if you have a shred of decency and patriotism, you have to honor Senator McCain's service to this country and whoever was responsible for this atrocity should be brought forth and publicly humiliated.

I am sick and tired of people who belittle military service and the dedicated men and women who serve our country.

I'm sick and tired of a rag like the New York Times doing misleading articles like the one making a claim that the troops who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan commit more murders per capita than the ones who have not served.

The truth of the matter is that troops who served in Iraq and Afghanistan commit far fewer homicides per capita than people in their age group who never served in the military.

Don't take my word for it, go to the Department of Justice website and check it out for yourselves.

But when did a simple little thing like the truth bother the New York Times. It's a shame when a once great newspaper becomes nothing more than blatant left wing political rag, bent on stuffing their idea of America down the collective throats of the people unfortunate enough to rely on their supposed news coverage.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing, "We support the troops, but" But what? You either support them or you don't. If you do, you don't make their funding contingent on passing a bill so weighted down with congressional greed that you couldn't pick it up with a crane.

If you support them you don't hide behind phrases like, the war is lost, the surge isn't working, or support statements like General Betrayus.

Here's how I feel about it.

There has never been a day in Iraq when we were losing. We have been winning every since the day our first troops set foot on Iraqi soil.

The surge is working and it's killing Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and the rest of their cronies who are so invested in defeat.

Folks, as far as the New York Times and the left hand side of the Congress is concerned, this is not even about the troops. It's about winning elections, gaining the White House and getting more congressional seats, in other words it's about raw unadulterated power and they'll do and print almost anything to pander to enough voters to make it happen.

There will always be people and organizations who will never climb above the lip of the slime pit, that's just where they live.

Well that's your sorry business, have at it but leave the troops alone.

Pray for our troops

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

January 21, 2008
http://charliedaniels.com/soapbox-2008-012108.htm

:clap: :clap: 
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Down and Dirty
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:05:02 AM »
I love him!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Re: Down and Dirty
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 10:08:04 AM »
I love him!

Charlie always hits it dead on his soapbox.

I loved his open letter to Sean Penn a few years ago.  I think I'll post it for anyone who missed it.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad