Author Topic: Media clutch pearls over Tiger Woods' "misogynistic" prank  (Read 878 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Media clutch pearls over Tiger Woods' "misogynistic" prank
« on: February 18, 2023, 08:13:35 AM »
First up, the story itself:

Tiger Woods responds to backlash of handing Justin Thomas a tampon: 'Friends having fun'

Woods played the 'prank' on Thomas after outdriving him on Thursday

Tiger Woods still has some power in his swing, and he let his playing partners know about it on Thursday.  After Justin Thomas failed to outdrive the 47-year-old Woods, the 15-time major champion handed him a tampon.  The incident occurred on the ninth tee during the first round, but people started to take notice of what happened late Thursday night.

One writer said Woods had "employed basic misogyny to insult" Thomas, "replicating an old prank that immature school boys used to think was funny." Another said Woods had stooped to a "new low," and many others thought the move was sexist and degrading to women.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tiger-woods-responds-backlash-handing-justin-thomas-tampon-friends-having-fun

Cue the outrage machine from both sports media (who are as leftist as regular media) and your mainstream folks:

TMZ: WOMENS GROUP RIPS TAMPON GAG ...
Misogynistic, Tone Deaf!!!

Tiger Woods is being called out by a women's empowerment group for his tampon prank at a PGA Tour event ... saying how dare he, especially with a daughter at home.

Kara Sugar, CEO of the Women's Global Empowerment Fund, tells TMZ ... Tiger's tampon moment was not only misogynistic but also tone-deaf and straight-up disrespectful to women and girls all over the world.

Sugar ripped the golfing legend, wondering if he's intimating "periods are embarrassing or shameful or a sign of weakness?"

As you know ... Tiger was playing his Friday round at the Genesis Invitational in Los Angeles with Justin Thomas when he hit his ball further than Justin and handed a Tampax to his friend and competitor. The misguided sentiment -- Justin hits "like a girl."

The women's group says it's sad to see Tiger do this because he's a grown man with a daughter ... and they feel the joke distracts from the serious issues involving mental health and periods, which women and girls around the globe face.

CNN: Tiger Woods apologizes after handing Justin Thomas a tampon at the Genesis Invitational

Golf Magazine: Tiger Woods’ tone-deaf prank puts damper on otherwise thrilling day

Golf Digest: 'I'M SORRY'
Tiger Woods apologizes for off-color prank on Justin Thomas

:panic: :ohnoes:  :panic: :ohnoes:  :panic: :ohnoes:  :panic: :ohnoes:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Re: Media clutch pearls over Tiger Woods' "misogynistic" prank
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 09:33:56 AM »
The offended need to grow a set of balls (rather than having a set sewn on and pretending).

'Hits like a girl' is biological reality - bone density, muscle mass and genetics are proof of it. It isn't hateful to point it out or even to *gasp* joke about it.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 10:23:29 AM »
The offended need to grow a set of balls (rather than having a set sewn on and pretending).

'Hits like a girl' is biological reality - bone density, muscle mass and genetics are proof of it. It isn't hateful to point it out or even to *gasp* joke about it.

"The laws of physics, biomechanics and genetics are bigoted vestiges of a bygone mysogynistic era!" [/DUmbshit]

This from the same <50 IQ imbeciles who can't define what a woman is.  :thatsright: :-)
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 02:18:18 PM »

Mercy! "rather than having a set sewn on and pretending"  

CMD, how DARE you make this sweet innocent old girl that I am agree with you & laugh out loud!!!  :-)

~ABC  :hi5:
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 03:14:00 PM »
How dare they pick on a man of color don’t they know he’s protected  :thatsright:

Besides don’t they claim men can have babies and menstruate?

Seems to me like a double standard  :thatsright:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 03:21:37 PM by Old n Grumpy »
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 07:08:54 PM »

"Besides don’t they claim men can have babies" ...

Well, if they *could,* with all the pain that women go through to have the FIRST one  ...

There would never be a second one!!! 

Ha! Ha! ~ ABC   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 07:11:09 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 07:22:59 PM »
True, true!  Speaking as a mother of one ...
I should know!

Correct ladies?  Fun wasn't it?  Huh?   :)

Even 'though, it was worth it!!!

~ ABC

ETA ... OK, now to return you back to OP :bolt:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 07:28:17 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 08:23:56 PM »
True, true!  Speaking as a mother of one ...
I should know!

Correct ladies?  Fun wasn't it?  Huh?   :)

Even 'though, it was worth it!!!

~ ABC

ETA ... OK, now to return you back to OP :bolt:

:whatever:
My son is 18 years old, and I STILL have nerve damage in my left middle finger because I was stupid enough to leave my wedding ring on when I was holding my wife's hand during a contraction.

I'm sure I'm not the only guy here with such stories to share with grand kids...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Online Dblhaul

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 09:49:04 PM »
As much as I dont enjoy the hype surrounding Tiger, I still found his prank funny. :rotf:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2023, 10:59:38 AM »
I think the hilarious part is Tiger Woods walking around with a tampon in his golf bag ready to hand out to the pussies he's relegated to play with.

:lmao:   :rotf:

Good on you, Tiger! (But never apologize for being a man and showing another male he's not -- or less than one. That's just gauche.)  :whistling:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2023, 12:35:42 PM »

I disagree. Tiger is the one who needs to grow a set of balls.

He should never have apologized. THAT is the real issue. Once people start manning up and just say “**** you”, this snow flake bullshit will stop.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2023, 02:24:20 PM »

I disagree. Tiger is the one who needs to grow a set of balls.

He should never have apologized. THAT is the real issue. Once people start manning up and just say “**** you”, this snow flake bullshit will stop.

KC

Well, Tiger has a set of 'nads - we know that from his excursions to other sources of female-dom. BUT your point about not apologizing is most definitely in order.

:hi5:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2023, 04:35:16 PM »
Apologizing is a big mistake they should be told to piss off a mid their own business  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2023, 07:52:44 AM »
You all went to town on this topic, so I'm glad I brought it over.

First, I've never been a fan of Tiger. Golf fans heard about him before the internet and the Golf Channel even emerged. Most of his fan base are uneducated sycophants who always root for the front runner.

Secondly, this was a simple prank, the same thing that happens not just on golf courses but in gyms and locker rooms across the country and world, men and women. Yes, pearl clutchers, women tease one another just as much if not more than men. Gender equality and all. Ask your favorite woman.

Third and finally: Tiger should have never freaking apologized. One never cowers to the perpetually outraged left. They'll always find another reason soon to hate you anyway.

And to echo this, an appropriate column from PJ Media:

Tiger Woods Should Be Ashamed of Himself (for Apologizing)

Everyone is mad at Tiger Woods. No, he didn’t cheat on his wife and the mother of his children with multiple women this time. Nor did he drive his car across two lanes of traffic before crashing it. He didn’t even tick everyone off by underperforming during the first round of the Genesis Invitational on Friday, his first official PGA Tour event in over seven months. No, Tiger did something far worse: he made a joke — a joke that offended the ruling class.

ABC News covered the prank that sent the pink p*ssy hats into a tizzy:

It started when [Woods] ripped a 323-yard drive, some 10 yards longer than the 29-year-old [playing partner Justin] Thomas. Walking off the tee, Woods discreetly put something in Thomas’ hand, which Thomas tossed to the ground when he realized what it was — a tampon, to remind him that Woods hit it farther. Woods laughed and put his arm around Thomas.

THE HORROR!!!
You can’t see it in this video, but Thomas laughed, too — because it was funny.

You could hear the shreeing of feminist harpies from miles away.

Maybe if these gals had a sense of humor, they could relieve their pre-menstrual tension with a good laugh. Tiger dutifully offered a semi-apology when questioned by a female reporter. “Your joke with JT from nine yesterday is kind of going viral,” she accused. “Can you kind of just explain your thoughts behind it?” Because everyone knows that once you explain a joke, it stops being funny.

The plain truth is that women aren’t as physically strong as men. (I’m talking about actual women, not “transgender” appropriators.) Tee Precision notes that “Collectively, women have a lower average driving distance than men. For instance, in 2019, men had an average driving distance of 223.4 while women had an average driving distance of 166.4 yards.”

Sorry, womyn, that’s just the way it is. And thus, it’s funny — and effective — to tease men by comparing them to ladies.

https://pjmedia.com/culture/athena-thorne/2023/02/18/tiger-woods-should-be-ashamed-of-himself-for-apologizing-n1671879
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2023, 09:27:14 AM »
How dare they pick on a man of color don’t they know he’s protected  :thatsright:

When it comes to victimology, the left eats its own first.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.