Author Topic: Final Navy Seal found not guilty  (Read 4316 times)

Offline 5412

Final Navy Seal found not guilty
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:55:13 PM »
Hi,

Fox news reports the third Navy Seal was found not guilty.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/06/navy-seal-guilty-assaulting-suspected-terrorist/

Got an email from a friend who expressed an F-you to Holder and Obama and I responded that the way these guys think is simple.  It just reinforces their point about trying the 9-11 guy in civilian courts because the military courts cannot be counted on to give them the verdict they want.

regards,

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Final Navy Seal found not guilty
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:14:05 PM »
Of course he wasn't guilty.Navy Seals are the finest kind. Bullies, murderers and punks don't make the cut...never have.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:40:58 PM »
:clap:

Go SEALS!

Next time, make sure they're not breathing when you're done with them.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 08:42:16 PM »
This should of never went to court.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 08:51:14 PM »
Justice! Real, honest-to-goodness justice.

Mind you, it's a mad world we live in where giving a fat lip, a lousy fat lip, to a prisoner of an enemy that obeys no laws of war, is a court martial offense. I mean, can anyone imagine these courts martial taking place for this in WW II with a a German prisoner? (and they did, in the main, obey the laws of war).

In other words, who gives a shit if they punched this POS or not? Or why should we ever have given a shit? That still maddens me.

And the prisoner may, in fact, have given it to himself, anyway, to create just this scenario! We know they train for just this!

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 09:00:41 PM »
What a victory for the men having to go through this ordeal that is the best news I have heard today :hi5:
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 09:02:04 PM »

In other words, who gives a shit if they punched this POS or not? Or why should we ever have given a shit? That still maddens me.

Because the military is buying into the whole PC crap.  PC undermines the very function of the military....The military's function as the protector of the constitution is being challenged by today's limpwristed PC leadership.

"I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.[1]

These Seals did NOTHING wrong..and the rest of the country stands beside them in solidarity.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 09:12:21 PM »
Good news! Of course this should never have even gone to trial but at least it ended good.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline sofa king

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 11:42:17 PM »
what an america we live in today, eh?

this iraqy in question was one of the bad guys that killed the four us blackwater citizens (you remember, when the iraqy's cheered and pulled their charred bodies from burning vehicles and hung them from a euphrates river bridge.  yeah, he was one of those guys that did that.)

and we caught him and then he somehow got a bloody lip in detention.

well!

of course, we *should* persecute the navy seals for this!  my god, people...  this "terrorist/murderer/that hangs americans from bridges" got a bloody lip!

let's give the "terrorist/murderer/that hangs americans from bridges" more respect than america's finest soldiers that serve our counrty.  let's put american soldiers that keep us safe at night and give their lives for that cause on trial.  let's screw up their lives.  let's protect the "terrorist/murderer/that hangs americans from bridges."

after all.  it was a bloody lip. 

THE HUMANITY!

i am so glad i am old.  i could not live in the america that is today for much longer...

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 11:50:14 AM »
What scares me is that these guys' careers are still pretty well screwed.  Most of us who have served have seen it before, the, "Oh, THAT guy," syndrome.  Sadly, this will hang around their necks like an albatross until they get out, and even possibly longer.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 12:20:56 PM »
what an america we live in today, eh?

this iraqy in question was one of the bad guys that killed the four us blackwater citizens (you remember, when the iraqy's cheered and pulled their charred bodies from burning vehicles and hung them from a euphrates river bridge.  yeah, he was one of those guys that did that.)

and we caught him and then he somehow got a bloody lip in detention.

well!

of course, we *should* persecute the navy seals for this!  my god, people...  this "terrorist/murderer/that hangs americans from bridges" got a bloody lip!

let's give the "terrorist/murderer/that hangs americans from bridges" more respect than america's finest soldiers that serve our counrty.  let's put american soldiers that keep us safe at night and give their lives for that cause on trial.  let's screw up their lives.  let's protect the "terrorist/murderer/that hangs americans from bridges."

after all.  it was a bloody lip. 

THE HUMANITY!
i am so glad i am old.  i could not live in the america that is today for much longer..

Look behind the curtain Dude.  

This had to have been a staged event with full knowledge of the Seals in order to send a message to OBAMA that the high up's in the military are getting ready to make some waves.

First there is no way any of the men could be found guilty, we would have to put in a draft to get anyone to serve in any branch of the military if they were convicted.

Second, we are at war, but a conviction would have hog tied any and all military operations.

Third, The early outs and retirements of our defence operations would leave the Pentegon almost empty.

We have a loose cannon for a President, strange by any country's definitions. We by the odds have been lucky as to who our leaders were, some good, some bad.  

It had to happen sooner or later that we would get a President with a twisted self love, I am so glad his nick name was not  " Little Boots "

Try to relax as I who am also old hide and watch, both of us are on the scene of warped history in the making.

Pull up a chair and  :popcorn: :popcorn: see how another generation handles this problem.

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 02:18:57 PM »
Bravo! :cheersmate:

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 03:01:33 PM »

This had to have been a staged event with full knowledge of the Seals in order to send a message to OBAMA that the high up's in the military are getting ready to make some waves.

First there is no way any of the men could be found guilty, we would have to put in a draft to get anyone to serve in any branch of the military if they were convicted.

Second, we are at war, but a conviction would have hog tied any and all military operations.

Third, The early outs and retirements of our defence operations would leave the Pentegon almost empty.

We have a loose cannon for a President, strange by any country's definitions. We by the odds have been lucky as to who our leaders were, some good, some bad.  

It had to happen sooner or later that we would get a President with a twisted self love, I am so glad his nick name was not  " Little Boots "

Try to relax as I who am also old hide and watch, both of us are on the scene of warped history in the making.

Pull up a chair and  :popcorn: :popcorn: see how another generation handles this problem.

I think "limp noodle" may be more accurate.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 07:10:12 PM »

Wait a minute--hold on--for this to have been truly staged, Vesta, the prosecution would have to have been in on it. The judge--the defendants--everyone. Otherwise the danger to the SEALS would have been too great.

I mean--I love this idea--that this was all some strategem to make Holder and Obama back off. I've been trying to find some more information about Gary Roughead (the CNO). There's not much of a political trail for him, but I did read that he was committed to both expanding the fleet and the necessity of our submarine-based nukes. And instead, he's getting screwed:

http://www.dodbuzz.com/2010/05/07/tougher-budget-so-batten-hatches/

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 07:37:42 PM »
Wait a damn minute............all of you are wrong.  These SEAL's were given a reprimand by the ARMY General in charge.  Said General didn't realize he had given the SEAL's Captains/Admirals (probably Captains) Mast.  Said SEAL's requested Courts Martial instead of NJP.  As much as I hate to say this Obama or Holder had nothing to do with this courts martial, they weren't even in the equation on this matter.

A jury of their peers found them not guilty.  Again this administration had nothing to do with this.

The SEALs REQUESTED COURTS MARTIAL
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline sofa king

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 12:08:12 AM »

you mean like that scene from "band of brothers" when lt. winters forced cpt. sobel into court martial to get rid of his ass?

hummm...

ok.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 06:20:08 AM »
Wait a damn minute............all of you are wrong.  These SEAL's were given a reprimand by the ARMY General in charge.  Said General didn't realize he had given the SEAL's Captains/Admirals (probably Captains) Mast.  Said SEAL's requested Courts Martial instead of NJP.  As much as I hate to say this Obama or Holder had nothing to do with this courts martial, they weren't even in the equation on this matter.

A jury of their peers found them not guilty.  Again this administration had nothing to do with this.

Um, actually, if you go back through the other threads, you'll see where I have stated that under the UCMJ, they would either have taken the Captain's/Admiral's Mast, but instead they chose to give that up in favor of court-martial, which is their right.

Just clearing the air...not that I have any first-hand experience with that or anything...  :uhsure:
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 06:49:33 AM »

Yes, that did happen. They wanted their names cleared and, when you get down to it, refused to "cop a plea," and rightfully so. I, at least, haven't written that Obama and Holder et al were directly involved. But do you truly disbelieve that they don't have any influence on what upper brass does? The President? That is, that they set the tone for whether or not such "incidents" become worthy of punishment? If you believe that this still would have occurred with Bush as President, then you can honestly say that "the administration had nothing to do with this." Do you really believe that?

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 07:28:22 AM »
Yes, that did happen. They wanted their names cleared and, when you get down to it, refused to "cop a plea," and rightfully so. I, at least, haven't written that Obama and Holder et al were directly involved. But do you truly disbelieve that they don't have any influence on what upper brass does? The President? That is, that they set the tone for whether or not such "incidents" become worthy of punishment? If you believe that this still would have occurred with Bush as President, then you can honestly say that "the administration had nothing to do with this." Do you really believe that?

Yes I do believe that

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 07:30:27 AM »
Um, actually, if you go back through the other threads, you'll see where I have stated that under the UCMJ, they would either have taken the Captain's/Admiral's Mast, but instead they chose to give that up in favor of court-martial, which is their right.

Just clearing the air...not that I have any first-hand experience with that or anything...  :uhsure:

Understand and saw where you had stated such.

I was ready to do what these SEAL's did, but the XO dismissed everything as it was all a big misunderstanding.  :uhsure:

Offline 5412

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »
What scares me is that these guys' careers are still pretty well screwed.  Most of us who have served have seen it before, the, "Oh, THAT guy," syndrome.  Sadly, this will hang around their necks like an albatross until they get out, and even possibly longer.

Hi sparky,

I slept on this response to your remarks.  I am not so sure their careers are screwed; perhaps they are looked upon as heros for doing their job and taking the stand they did.  In some circles it may actually help their career.

As far as BO and Holder being personally involved, I appreciated the background.  At the same time, my comments still stand, all this does is reinforce to them why the 9-11 terrorists and others must be tried in civilian courts.

regards,

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 01:45:02 PM »
In some circles, perhaps--but let's not get crazy.  The guys who sit on CPO boards, etc., are not from the SEAL community, by and large.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 07:17:23 PM »
In some circles, perhaps--but let's not get crazy.  The guys who sit on CPO boards, etc., are not from the SEAL community, by and large.

I follow you on that, but I know a few on the board and this shouldn't shake em, though it could

Offline 5412

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »

Hi,

Help me understand this.  I was under the impression that enlisted personnel are promoted from within and it is very unlikely the politicians would even get involved.  As far as the officer corps, while I believe some have to be approved by congress, most all the recommendations are made by the military, at least up to the general ranks, and then submitted for approval. 

How would this affect the seals?  I doubt the politicians would be involved because are they not all enlisted men?

Need some education on this one.

Thanks,

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 06:08:44 PM »
Promotion to E-6, at least within the Navy, is typically via a "score" one receives.  It's broken down into so many points for time in grade, time in service, certain awards, but the largest portions (over 70 percent) is determined by scores on Navywide exams and evaluation marks.

However, when one goes up for E-7 (or higher) it's a board, usually of folks OUTSIDE the community in which one serves.  If I were on a CPO board and knew someone that was coming up for Chief, I couldn't have ANY input.  It DOES get rather political, in that they may have to go back quite a way to determine who gets to put on khakis and who doesn't.

Basically, when I was going up for CPO, if you weren't a SOY candidate AND have a prototype/NPS instructor tour under your belt, you might as well not expect to make Chief, along with a few other hurdles.