Author Topic: "Earth Liberation Front" strikes in Washington State  (Read 31638 times)

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Re: "Earth Liberation Front" strikes in Washington State
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2008, 11:12:14 PM »
Delicacy is probably a synonym of the word sustenance, and even though fecal matter is a necessary sustenance for baby elephants, you wouldn't exactly call it a delicacy, would you?

The word delicacy is not a synonym of the word sustenance. The two words are not even close in meaning.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2008, 11:14:22 PM »

Childish behavior such as playing with matches has cost human lives.

.....and any such event is usually unintentional. The key word being "intentional". These ****ers are INTENTIONALLY burning shit down, spiking logs, etc. They are terrorists and they should be treated as such.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2008, 11:19:04 PM »
Delicacy is probably a synonym of the word sustenance, and even though fecal matter is a necessary sustenance for baby elephants, you wouldn't exactly call it a delicacy, would you?

The word delicacy is not a synonym of the word sustenance. The two words are not even close in meaning.

Really? Sustenance has many meanings. One being food. Delicacy has many meanings, one being food. I see the correlation between childish and naive as being the same. You dismiss the acts of the E.L.F. as childish. That is bullshit and says a lot about you. What would you say if we dismissed the harassing tactics by the Klan as "childish"? It's malicious and terroristic shit and should be dealt with as such. YOU only dismiss it because you are a radical liberal. Anything to support the cause, eh?  :whatever:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2008, 11:20:47 PM »

Childish behavior such as playing with matches has cost human lives.

.....and any such event is usually unintentional. The key word being "intentional". These ****ers are INTENTIONALLY burning shit down, spiking logs, etc. They are terrorists and they should be treated as such.

I got Turd Nugget Omelet on ignore, but is this mother****er DEFENDING those ELF scumbags? Is that what I'm reading in the quotes here?????

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2008, 11:22:22 PM »

You don't really understand words outside of Rogets, do you?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2008, 11:25:28 PM »

The point I'm making is that childish behavior is not necessarily harmless behavior. Moreover, I described ELF as childish not to suggest that ELF is harmless but to argue that ELF is naive.

Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2008, 11:31:51 PM »

The point I'm making is that childish behavior is not necessarily harmless behavior. Moreover, I described ELF as childish not to suggest that ELF is harmless but to argue that ELF is naive.

Yeah, that's it. Just youthful transgressions.  :whatever:

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2008, 11:35:55 PM »
Really? Sustenance has many meanings. One being food. Delicacy has many meanings, one being food.

This is getting ridiculous. No dictionary or thesaurus on planet Earth lists the word delicacy as being a synonym of the word sustenance. Look it up. Or, better yet, test your reasoning. Try using the word delicacy as a replacement for the word sustenance...

If the miners trapped underground do not get some delicacy, they will starve.

See? Replacing the word sustenance with the word delicacy does not make sense because the two words are not synonyms of each other.

Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2008, 11:41:26 PM »
Really? Sustenance has many meanings. One being food. Delicacy has many meanings, one being food.

This is getting ridiculous. No dictionary or thesaurus on planet Earth lists the word delicacy as being a synonym of the word sustenance. Look it up. Or, better yet, test your reasoning. Try using the word delicacy as a replacement for the word sustenance...

If the miners trapped underground do not get some delicacy, they will starve.

See? Replacing the word sustenance with the word delicacy does not make sense because the two words are not synonyms of each other.

"This 70 Y/O man is being childish because he actually believes the Democrats are going to protect this nation."

Childish? Or Naive? We can play this ****ing game all day long, TNO.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2008, 11:43:03 PM »

Since you're obviously bent on distorting my position, I guess I should just let you pretend that I haven't described ELF as a terrorist group which is engaged in destructive and potentially dangerous activity.

Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2008, 11:45:05 PM »

Since you're obviously bent on distorting my position, I guess I should just let you pretend that I haven't described ELF as a terrorist group which is engaged in destructive and potentially dangerous activity.

Potentially? No pretending needed. You have equated their actions as just being childish and now, that they are only potentially dangerous.  :whatever:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2008, 11:46:33 PM »
I'm going to bed. Anyone that responds to this fool, please quote him so he can't delete the shit he posts.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2008, 11:52:43 PM »
"This 70 Y/O man is being childish because he actually believes the Democrats are going to protect this nation."

Childish? Or Naive? We can play this ******* game all day long, TNO.

The fact that synonymous words are not interchangeable with each other in every sentence imaginable does not mean that the words are not synonyms. But the word delicacy and the word sustenance cannot be used interchangeably in any sentence. The words just aren't close enough in meaning.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 12:01:33 AM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2008, 11:58:56 PM »
Potentially? No pretending needed. You have equated their actions as just being childish and now, that they are only potentially dangerous.  :whatever:

I describe ELF's activities as potentially dangerous because they aren't done with the intent to cause bodily harm... but the potential for that kind of harm is there.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2008, 12:01:34 AM »

I describe ELF's activities as potentially dangerous because they aren't done with the intent to cause bodily harm... but the potential for that kind of harm is there.

They know fully that the structures they are targeting could have people inside.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2008, 12:29:23 AM »

So property damage is just "potentially dangerous?"  You got a couple of million dollars on you to make up for the loss?  If terrorists burned down your home and you had to spend thousands (I won't go to millions -- we all know you ain't in that bracket) of dollars, lost irreplaceable items,  had to spend thousands of your own hours to try to get back to where you started, would you say "well, i's all good -- no one was hurt"?

Or maybe you are too young to own property.  But picture that happening to your Mom or Dad. Would that be just "potentially dangerous?" No real loss here, folks, just stuff.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2008, 12:50:01 AM »
So property damage is just "potentially dangerous?"  You got a couple of million dollars on you to make up for the loss?  If terrorists burned down your home and you had to spend thousands (I won't go to millions -- we all know you ain't in that bracket) of dollars, lost irreplaceable items,  had to spend thousands of your own hours to try to get back to where you started, would you say "well, i's all good -- no one was hurt"?

Or maybe you are too young to own property.  But picture that happening to your Mom or Dad. Would that be just "potentially dangerous?" No real loss here, folks, just stuff.

Are my words invisible or something? I have described ELF as both destructive and potentially dangerous. And, I have defined ELF as a terrorist group. I have not suggested that ELF's actions are in any way good or that they do not cause harm or loss. Stop distorting what I'm saying.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Chris_

« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2008, 12:56:53 AM »

Are my words invisible or something? I have described ELF as both destructive and potentially dangerous. And, I have defined ELF as a terrorist group. I have not suggested that ELF's actions are in any way good or that they do not cause harm or loss. Stop distorting what I'm saying.

We have a problem with the "potentially" part.  ELF is destructive and dangerous.  Period.

State that without the qualifier and we'll let you off the hook.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2008, 01:09:00 AM »

The ELF is dangerous.[/b]. They know damn well they could hurt or kill people or animals through their activities and you know this.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2008, 06:26:08 AM »
Kind of important to remember here that just because there was an ELF sign, it doesn't mean ELF did it; not saying this is the case here, but if you wanted to burn down a place for insurance money because you could make more that way than by selling it in current market conditions, it only costs an additional ten bucks on top of the gas for a bedsheet and a can of spray paint, a very sound investment by any measure.
Of course ELF is quite capable of being destructive and stupid enough to have done this, but let's cool our jets a bit until there are some actual facts.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2008, 07:09:06 AM »

Childish? Or Naive? We can play this ******* game all day long, TNO.

The fact that synonymous words are not interchangeable with each other in every sentence imaginable does not mean that the words are not synonyms. But the word delicacy and the word sustenance cannot be used interchangeably in any sentence. The words just aren't close enough in meaning.

Will replacing delicacy with dessert help your limited thought process?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2008, 07:12:59 AM »

I got Turd Nugget Omelet on ignore, but is this mother****** DEFENDING those ELF scumbags? Is that what I'm reading in the quotes here?????

You are correct.  He's playing off what they are doing as merely "childish".

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2008, 07:14:09 AM »

...and a few posts back you said that childish was a synonym for naive.   :whatever:

Naivety isn't a trait owned by "children" and it must never be used as an excuse for malicious and violent behavior. I would suspect if we started using that as an excuse for actions the Klan used to take, you'd be up in arms.

The word naive is a synonym of the word childish.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 07:16:17 AM by lug-nut »

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2008, 07:54:43 AM »

Wrong. You're ignoring the context of what I wrote. My contention that ELF's activities are childish was made in a statement intended to argue that ELF is wrong to think that their methods will stop development.

Read...

The amount of pollution caused by even a very large structure fire is too small to have an impact on the atmosphere. That said, people in ELF are idiots if they think that their childish activities are going to bring about the result they desire.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 07:57:20 AM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2008, 08:04:07 AM »

Wrong. You're ignoring the context of what I wrote. My contention that ELF's activities are childish was made in a statement intended to argue that ELF is wrong to think that their methods will stop development.

Read...

The amount of pollution caused by even a very large structure fire is too small to have an impact on the atmosphere. That said, people in ELF are idiots if they think that their childish activities are going to bring about the result they desire.

So, was the Klan just being childish when they lit crosses in the yards of black people to terrorize them?