Author Topic: Senator Edward Kennedy dies at age 77  (Read 16754 times)

Offline WMD Owl

Re: Senator Edward Kennedy dies at age 77
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 08:55:51 AM »
Justice is finally served for Mary Jo.  So.......... is that it? Are all the Kenndys finally gone?

All kids of Joe and Rose are.   

Aside from Maria Shriver, the Kennedy grandkids are a bunch of Trust Fund party animals.   Those who go into politics  like Bobby's son and Ted's son, usually are marked by scandal.

Offline fogonthevalley

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 08:59:14 AM »
Condolences to his family.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 09:26:12 AM »
Kinda bad when you reach 60 seats in the Senate and God smites your ass back down to 59.

....ok, maybe that was mean.

:lol:

Awesome.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 09:27:23 AM »
The Constitution does not just protect those whose views we share; it also protects those with whose views we disagree.
~Edward Kennedy

....except if you're a conservative  :naughty:

R.I.P. and condolences to his family  :innocent:

Frack his family, they are nothing but a bunch of drunking, drug addicted, killling, womanizing and liberals etc.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2009, 09:35:25 AM »
Lets rewrite it:

HYANNIS PORT, Massachusetts (Reuters) – U.S. Senator Edward Kennedy, a blot-out-the-sun figure in the Democratic Party who took the blood-rusted helm of one of America's most fabled corrupt political families after two older brothers were assassinated, died at age 77, his family said.

Kennedy had brain cancer, which was diagnosed in May 2008. Since he never used it, there was no problem until it spread to his vitals like his stomach.

He was one of the most influential and longest-serving moocher and liar in U.S. history, a commie scum standard-bearer who recovered politically from a string of personal scandals to become known as a consummate congressional dealmaker.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 09:46:07 AM »
So is Patches now the titular head of the Kennedy klan?

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 09:46:27 AM »
Kinda bad when you reach 60 seats in the Senate and God smites your ass back down to 59.

....ok, maybe that was mean.
And best of all, it was Ted's own doing. He wanted that law changed to prevent Romney from appointing a republican senator, and then just a few days ago he wanted it changed back. However, he died before that could happen, so...HA!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009, 10:13:18 AM »
Justice is finally served for Mary Jo.  So.......... is that it? Are all the Kenndys finally gone?

No there are a couple still...umm..floating around in politics.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2009, 10:13:43 AM »
I'll mourn him as the DUmmies did Ronald Reagan.

I'm going to mourn Faht Bahstahd's passing like the Palestinians mourned the WTC attack victims.  BEG? Schade? CelticRose? Mamacags?  Any of you ladies care to dance in the streets with me?

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2009, 10:50:04 AM »
All kids of Joe and Rose are.   

Aside from Maria Shriver, the Kennedy grandkids are a bunch of Trust Fund party animals.   Those who go into politics  like Bobby's son and Ted's son, usually are marked by scandal.

Kennedys go into politics because of the awesome tail you get with it.

As far as justice for Mary Jo, the scumbag died under hospice care. He slid out of existence in a blissful drugged fog. No way he experienced the agonized terror of that girl's last minutes, or hours, as the oxyen trapped inside that car was slowly depleted. On the other hand, he did at least have over a year to contemplate it.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2009, 11:07:56 AM »
Kennedys go into politics because of the awesome tail you get with it.

Well, I have to admit that is a pretty compelling argument for it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2009, 11:34:08 AM »
Mary Jo can finally rest in peace! That's the only thing I give a shit about Vast Teddie dieing.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »
Does anyone worry his funeral will turn into another Wellstone Memorial?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2009, 11:44:34 AM »
Does anyone worry his funeral will turn into another Wellstone Memorial?

I think we should plan on it

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »
A bit off topic, when JFK Jr. died, I was more sad for Carolyn and Lauren Bissett than him. Think about, a family lost TWO of their daughters in one day. I sometimes wonder if JFK Jr. committed suicide. The Kennedys are like a royal family in America. There is nothing special about them. The Kennedys got their fortune from bootlegging during Prohibition.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:58:31 AM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2009, 12:14:20 PM »
Mary Jo can finally rest in peace! That's the only thing I give a shit about Vast Teddie dieing.

The spin has started all ready, wow that was fast.

We must forgive Teddy who at the young age 40-45 led a wild and reckless life.

Up to that time he had been married to this drunk woman who refused to follow family tradition and have 12 kids.  So he divorces her and find a divorced woman with 2 kids, Mary's her and is reborn to become an honest decent man.  So it was all  Joan's fault that for all those years he was a scoundrel.

Somewhere out there there are a few democrats that if interview would state that Ted was a no good ass.  

For the funeral I am making a list of dignitary's who will be front and center. I did hear that his cold dead body will be placed on display in Boston, Any dignitary's who dread the heat of DC this time of the year will be wise to join the people of Boston and forgo Arlington.

Will the Clinton's be front and center in DC sweating their butts off but be in a party mood

Interesting.

Offline WMD Owl

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2009, 12:17:11 PM »
A bit off topic, when JFK Jr. died, I was more sad for Carolyn and Lauren Bissett than him. Think about, a family lost TWO of their daughters in one day. I sometimes wonder if JFK Jr. committed suicide. The Kennedys are like a royal family in America. There is nothing special about them. The Kennedys got their fortune from bootlegging during Prohibition.

I think its more like homicide. He had no business flying that plane that night.  Minimal instrument qualifications, minimal instrument experience, bad weather, but the bonehead had to fly.

That whole family has pulled boneheaded stunts over and over again. DWI's, car wrecks, drug possession, sexual situations, plane wrecks.  I think half the family has been in rehab for something.

If there is such thing as a "Kennedy Curse".. its often a curse of their own stupidity.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2009, 12:33:09 PM »
I think its more like homicide. He had no business flying that plane that night.  Minimal instrument qualifications, minimal instrument experience, bad weather, but the bonehead had to fly.

That whole family has pulled boneheaded stunts over and over again. DWI's, car wrecks, drug possession, sexual situations, plane wrecks.  I think half the family has been in rehab for something.

If there is such thing as a "Kennedy Curse".. its often a curse of their own stupidity.

True. The reason I think he committed suicide because George magazine was failing and he took the bar exam four times before he passed.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2009, 12:44:45 PM »
The spin has started all ready, wow that was fast.

We must forgive Teddy who at the young age 40-45 led a wild and reckless life.

Forgive Faht Bahstahd if you want, 'numbers.  As for me, judgement and forgiveness are the purvue of the Almighty.  I'll leave it in His capable hands.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2009, 12:48:34 PM »
Oh, this is interesting...
In Kennedy's mind, all of these achievements paled next to his long-deferred dream of national health insurance. When President Nixon proposed a plan for universal coverage that would have delighted Democrats in later years, Kennedy, who long backed a government plan, led the opposition, a move he later regretted. So he moved to partial reforms, but even here he was often disappointed. His hopes of a major restructuring were dashed in the early 1990s with the defeat of Bill and Hillary Clinton's health-care initiative.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2009, 12:51:06 PM »
I'm sure sales of Ted's books will skyrocket now...

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Chris_

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2009, 12:54:05 PM »
Well.....I'm not much into grave dancing, but I can offer condolences to those who cared about him. That said, he is answering now to a higher power for the conduct of his life, and I would not want to be in his position........may G*D have mercy on his soul........

doc

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2009, 12:54:48 PM »
Teddy is gone. At last. There are more billions if not trillions of dollare of unfunded "mandates" attached to his name than any man in the universe's history.

JFK Jr. has an accidental crash. Back in the day, I flew amall planes fron the East Hampton Airport to Block Island to New London Ct. . When the ground fog, very thin, starts as the sun sets, you c an easily lose the visual horizon. If you are not on the instruments before you lose the horizon, you can misread the artifical horizon. If you correct the wrong way, the indicators can wind up in a jumble in one corner of the instrument, you feel level, but you are augering in.

He had NO instrument rating only VFR, but should have flown IFR anyway, and let the FAA check, if they chose, after you are safe on the ground. I flew, with a certified pilot, from EH Airport to West Palm at night IFR all the way and no one ever even asked how we were rated.

Remember, there are old pilots, there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2009, 12:59:32 PM »
I'm sure sales of Ted's books will skyrocket now...

Don't forget his lesser known work.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2009, 01:05:32 PM »

He had NO instrument rating only VFR, but should have flown IFR anyway, and let the FAA check, if they chose, after you are safe on the ground. I flew, with a certified pilot, from EH Airport to West Palm at night IFR all the way and no one ever even asked how we were rated.

Remember, there are old pilots, there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots!

Actually, as I mentioned to my wife when it happened, we have flown the same route that he did many times.....from Teterboro to Martha's Vinyard, both VFR and IFR, but we always took the "overland" route, flying the western shore of Long Island Sound, never out of gliding distance to the beach.......he had to do the direct overwater route, which would have saved him 20 minutes if he had made it.......but unfortunately he didn't.

My flight innstructor used to tell me that "flying is terribly unforgiving of stupidity and arrogance"......

The Kennedy's unfortunately are blessed with vast reserves of both......

doc