Author Topic: Journalist Who Exposes U.N. Corruption Disappears From Google  (Read 2413 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Journalist Who Exposes U.N. Corruption Disappears From Google
« on: February 19, 2008, 04:20:56 AM »

NEW YORK  —  How big do you have to be to earn the wrath of the United Nations and Internet giant Google?

If you're journalist Matthew Lee, all it takes are some critical articles and a scrappy little Web site.

Lee is the editor-in-chief, Webmaster and pretty much the only reporter for Inner City Press, a pint-sized Internet news operation that's taken on Goliath-sized entities like Citigroup since 1987.

Click here to view the Inner City Press website.

Since 2005, he's been focusing almost entirely on stories that deal with internal corruption inside the U.N., posting several stores online almost daily.

He's been especially interested in the inner workings of what could be called the practical-applications arm of the international organization, the United Nations Development Programme.

Many of Lee's stories were featured prominently whenever Web users looked for news about the U.N. using the powerful Google News search engine, a vital way for media outlets both large and small to get their articles read.

But beginning Feb. 13, Google News users could no longer find new stories from the Inner City Press.

"I think they said, 'If we can't get this guy out of the U.N., let's disappear him from the Internet,'" Lee said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331106,00.html

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Journalist Who Exposes U.N. Corruption Disappears From Google
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 04:32:16 AM »
google won't help the US catch terrorists but they'll pull this shit and aid ChiCom censorship.

Give hippies even a modicum of power and they reveal their true colors...all shades of red.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 08:27:34 AM »
I wonder how Google would feel if THEY were exposed for the frauds they are?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 10:39:06 AM »
I just entered this: http://www.innercitypress.org/ in the Google search box and the first six links were for Inner City Press. Maybe Google got some heat.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:46:29 AM »
I just entered this: http://www.innercitypress.org/ in the Google search box and the first six links were for Inner City Press. Maybe Google got some heat.
Hope so, there are all sorts of blogs linked to google news there is no good reason to de-link this one.