Author Topic: House Approves Final $787B Stimulus Bill  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Peter3_1

Re: House Approves Final $787B Stimulus Bill
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 11:54:25 AM »
Went to my comgressman's website, and started on the bill. After reading and skimming almost fifty pages and a few billion dollars I saw NO appropriation that had any business in a "stimulus" package. SOLID PORK, that has it's place in a normal annual budget bill. Where it can be debated and eliminated if too agregious.

This bill is the disaster the sane economists say it is.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 02:59:47 PM »
At least I haven't heard this being referred to as a "bi-partisan" bill in the last few days. 99% against a bill, the other party 99% for a bill isn't a compromise at all. This thing was a sham, no telling what's really in that bill. Barack Hussein Obama lied repeatedly throughout this whole fiasco, and now today he's saying that that was just step one. He's not through throwing tax dollars to his friends.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 08:28:32 PM »
Filipino Prez Glad for US Stimulus Bill
February 14, 2009
Associated Press

MANILA, Philippines - A $198 million compensation package for Filipino World War II veterans included in the U.S. stimulus bill is a long-overdue victory for the former soldiers, Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo said Saturday.

The $787 billion stimulus package approved by Congress on Friday contains provisions recognizing and compensating Filipino veterans who fought under the American flag when the Philippines was still an American colony.

"Despite America's economic challenges, the U.S. Congress voted to correct a historic wrong and incorporate the lump-sum benefit for our veterans," Arroyo said in a statement.

Hawaii Sen. Daniel Inouye, a longtime supporter of Filipino veterans, has said the stimulus measure will provide $198 million for one-time payments to Filipino veterans.

http://www.military.com/news/article/filipino-prez-glad-for-us-stimulus-bill.html?col=1186032310810
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 08:32:54 PM »
I'll see your Phillipino WWII veterans and raise you an entire decade of welfare reform...

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,22282.0.html
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 08:36:04 PM »
[youtube=425,350]CvnwOjDjnH4[/youtube].
God Bless Boehner. Too fricking bad no one listened.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle