Author Topic: When you go into a Dennys with a gun & say gimme the money, if you just get brea  (Read 410 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member kpete (71,082 posts)

When you go into a Dennys with a gun & say gimme the money, if you just get breakfast that's a fail.

Yes. These are real concessions. But when we say they cld have gotten as much thu normal budget negotiation (correct) that means the whole hostage taking accomplished nothing. When you go into a Dennys with a gun and say gimme the money, if you just get breakfast that’s a fail.

@JHWeissmann
·
May 27
My overall take:

It's really an overstatement to say Republicans are getting nothing. (A two-year budget freeze in a high-inflation environment is something). But it's all stuff they could have just as easily gotten in a vanilla budget fight or Farm Bill reauthorization.

Link to tweet

?s=20
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217958890

You just get breakfast?  :whatever:

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.

You just get breakfast?  :whatever:

They're on drugs dude, so their thinking is somewhat more warped than usual..
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline SVPete

In search of the missing

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

The DUmmy is correct. The republicans once again had the winning hand and bent over and took it in the squeak hole. Well I should say that America took it in the pooper because the gopE will still get their cash. Can't wait for the fund raising letter Kev-dog sends out after this spectacular loss.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

The Rs didn't get all they wanted, not that that was likely to happen. OTOH, Dems and other Proggies are howling about what the Rs did get. So everybody's angry about what they didn't get.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

The Rs didn't get all they wanted, not that that was likely to happen. OTOH, Dems and other Proggies are howling about what the Rs did get. So everybody's angry about what they didn't get.

This is the state of our politics: Republicans can't surrender enough, and Democrats are never satisfied with what they get.

Offline Old n Grumpy

When you go into a Dennys with a gun and say gimme the money, if you just get breakfast that’s a fail.

What if it’s a grand slam with extra bacon and free coffee  :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

You are naive.

Of course the donkey commies are screaming. Now look at the realities of the gopE sellout.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

Come to think of it, somebody robbing Denny's to get breakfast sounds like something that could actually happen in a democrat-run city.

Offline DUmpDiver

The last time I'm robbed a Denney's with a gun I got all of their till money. I wasn't there for breakfast.

(Disclaimer: I do not rob diners. It's just a joke.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 09:24:14 PM by DUmpDiver »