Author Topic: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 5/31  (Read 355 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Et tu, Chick-fil-A? Chicken Giant Caves to the Commies, Hires DEI Apparatchik

One Spicy Deluxe, Hold the Woke.

The Marxist toilet dwellers have scored a major victory, and this one stings.

Chicken sandwich behemoth Chick-fil-A bent a knee, put a shotgun in its mouth, and hired a Diversity, Equity & Inclusivity (DEI) executive.

Perhaps they just start selling Bud Light and call it a day.

PREDICTION-O-RAMA! The woke social crusader crowd has been boycotting — and harassing — Chick-fil-A since 2012, when a now-former president spoke out against gay marriage. Hiring a DEI clown will not result in hordes of liberal, green-haired dime museums crashing through their doors. But now, many conservatives are thinking about jumping off the bandwagon.

Bending a knee to woke mobsters while our nation is in an existential battle with cultural communists is a Ginsu in the back from one of the few companies conservatives could respect. Just as we have Bud Light reeling and Target in a panic, Chick-fil-A goes full Benedictard.

The next thing you know, the turncoats at Chick-fil-A will want every white person to assume a posture of shame and shine the shoes of black folks.

Oh, wait …

It seems our once-favorite chicken joint forgot how gay couples showed up at their restaurants to make out, a move of defiance no one needs to see when enjoying a chicken sandwich.

FACT-O-RAMA! I don’t want to see anyone making out when I eat.

Memory Lane
Remember when some woke stain haughtily videotaped himself harassing a young drive-thru worker over the 2012 Chick-fil-A gay marriage controversy and got himself fired? Good times!

Despite the grueling death Bud Light is looking at, several major companies have gone over the edge in a lemming-like fashion. So much so, it seems like it is part of a grander plan.

TINFOIL HAT-O-RAMA! Miller Lite and Target fell on their wokey swords soon after — perhaps even suspiciously soon after — conservative beer drinkers began clown-slapping Bud Light. Is there a crazy, senile old billionaire in a urine-stained nightshirt calling the commie shots and forcing companies to rally around the woke movement? If there were such a ghoul, who could it be?

Chick-fil-A’s new communist hire was quick to release a statement:

Chick-fil-A restaurants have long been recognized as a place where people know they will be treated well. Modeling care for others starts in the restaurant, and we are committed to ensuring mutual respect, understanding and dignity everywhere we do business. These tenets are good business practice and crucial to fulfilling our Corporate Purpose.

— Erick McReynolds, VP, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion

Now that Chick-fil-A has hired an executive to make sure their company has hired enough trans-pansexuals to put pickles on sandwiches, what can they expect?

The blowback on social media has already begun. Formerly loyal customers are already talking about a boycott. Considering the Bolshies have been boycotting Chick-fil-A for 11 years, that leaves few people willing to patronize the chicken-hearted (see what I did there?) restaurant chain.

You know who sells delicious “chick-pick” sandwiches (chicken & pickle — I made that up back when my fiancee and used to go to Chick-fil-A before this flapdoodle) without the vomitous, Maoist nonsense? I happen to know that Chester’s Chicken does not mention a DEI goon on their company’s website.

Downey's hit this one out of the park! It's probably been 2 years or more since I darkened the doorway of a Chik-fil-A, finding the idea of pickles on a chicken sandwich repulsive anyway. But I admired their stance from 11 years ago but find it even more repulsive with this woke crap that most corporations seem to embrace.

Gawd, I'm glad to be retired.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
BREAKING: Debt Ceiling Bill Passes Key House Committee, Heads to the Floor for a Full Vote Wednesday

There’s still a long way to go, but House Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s debt ceiling bill took an important step forward Tuesday night as the Rules Committee voted 7-6 to advance the measure to the floor and a vote by the full House.

There’s not much time left if the nation is to avoid default:

The timeframe to get the bill passed through both chambers of Congress and signed into law is extremely tight. Lawmakers are racing the clock to avert a catastrophic default ahead of June 5, the day the Treasury Department has said it will no longer be able to pay all of the nation’s obligations in full and on time.

In another positive sign for the bill’s prospects in the House, a wide range of members on both sides of the aisle – many of them moderates – appear poised to coalesce behind the deal to avert default. Republicans believe they are pushing toward 150 Republican votes or more, two sources told CNN.

Some Republicans including Rep. Chip Roy (TX) Rep. Thomas Massie (KY) have been blasting the bill, claiming that the GOP caved in negotiations with President Joe Biden. They both voted against moving the bill forward.

McCarthy, however, stands by the results:

🚨 Just confirmed by the non-partisan @USCBO → This will be the LARGEST SPENDING CUT that Congress has ever voted for in history. $2.13 Trillion!

— Kevin McCarthy (@SpeakerMcCarthy) May 31, 2023

Some like Roy, however, are so dismayed by the failure to get more spending cuts that they’re threatening to try to remove McCarthy as speaker. During an interview with Glenn Beck, he said that if the deal can’t be stopped, “then we’re going to have to then regroup and figure out the whole leadership arrangement again.”

Newly declared presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is also not thrilled with the result of the McCarthy-Biden negotiations, saying on a Fox and Friends appearance Monday:

Prior to this deal, our country was careening towards bankruptcy, and after this deal, our country will still be careening towards bankruptcy, and to say you can do 4 trillion of increases in the next year and a half, I mean, that’s a massive amount of spending.

The bill is expected to go before the full House for a vote Wednesday evening.

The article says that Massie's "blasting the bill" but it was reported elsewhere he's voting for it.

Same old dick-dance. The world will collapse if default happens. Maybe, maybe not. I've read accounts on both sides of that issue from people a lot more astute about financial matters than I am. One thing I do know -- elections have consequences. And when the Repubs have a dysfunctional and highly corrupt RNC, unable to muster forces to blow out a candle, along with a fractured caucus in which the Never-Trumpers are on one side, the Freedom Caucus is on the other, and you have a shit-ton of squishes and semi-squishes in the middle, this is what happens.

Meanwhile SharterJoe's handlers are gloating in their victory while good ol' Haircut Kevin lulls himself to sleep while patting himself on the back.

I find it totally logical that Congress' approval ratings are less than HALF of what SharterJoe's are, and we know how dismal those are.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
House Freedom Caucus Members Talk About Moving Against McCarthy

If you can't defeat the tyrants, just ratchet up the drama. Right, Kevin?

The link above is essentially a non-stop series of Twatter tweets, with a few lines of text thrown in.

As we reported earlier, a lot of Congressional Republicans are mad about the debt ceiling deal that House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has struck with President Biden.

It’s not clear if McCarthy has the votes for the deal based upon the people sounding off and it also puts his speakership in question, potentially, if he doesn’t have support from people like the House Freedom Caucus. He also went a little too far in what he was trying to sell, claiming there wasn’t anything for Democrats in the bill.

When reporters queried members of the Freedom Caucus about whether they would make a “motion to vacate” to essentially remove McCarthy as speaker, Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA) declined to take it off the table.

Perry said, “I’ll let each member speak for themselves…I am focused on defeating this bill.”

North Carolina Rep. Dan Bishop’s office confirmed that the motion was on the table and he said he would support it.

Some members called the deal “insanity” and a “turd sandwich.”

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) made it clear that if the majority wasn’t there, that would likely trigger the motion.

Gaetz stated: “If a majority of Republicans are against a piece of legislation, and you use Democrats to pass it, that would immediately be a black letter violation of the deal we had with McCarthy, and it would likely trigger an immediate motion to vacate.” He argued that many of the changes were “cosmetic in nature” and that Joe Biden was going to be able to waive “certain requirements and certain conditions” that were in the bill that sound like “great talking points.” Gaetz said, however, they “don’t save the country from the ruin that the Biden administration is bringing us to.”

McCarthy said he didn’t know what they were concerned about.

He claimed it was the “largest savings of 2.1 trillion” that they’d ever had. He said it was the “largest rescissions” — that they were pulling money back for the taxpayers that would have gone to China. He asked if those criticizing the deal were opposed to work requirements for welfare. “If people are against saving all that money, our work reforms and welfare reform, I can’t do anything about that!”

Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) said about McCarthy:

I don’t think he even has a majority of his own conference at this point. ‘Don’t tell me you are gonna put me over a barrel for four trillion dollars because you refuse to do your job,’ that’s what McCarthy should have told the President.

He also warned of a “reckoning” for Republican leaders “unless we stop this bill by tomorrow.”

From NBC:

[A]s one former Republican White House official told NBC News over the weekend after the deal was announced: “McCarthy is now on a clock.”

A spokesperson for Buck declined to comment on the congressman’s comments but said the Republican is looking to yield a solution to the debt ceiling “that doesn’t give Democrats a blank check.”

So a lot is up in the air right now and McCarthy has a near-mutiny on his hands. The question is does he listen to what they are saying, and try to work it out? Or does he try to push this through, and suffer a potential defeat to the bill and to his speakership?

Offline SVPete

Loudoun County schools ordered to turn over investigation into handling of sexual assaults

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/05/30/loudoun-county-schools-ordered-to-turn-over-investigation-into-handling-of-sexual-assaults-n554496

You probably remember the horrific story of the girl who was sexually assaulted in a Loudoun County public school bathroom only to have the school board lie about it and transfer the student offender to another school where he raped another student. Evidence that the entire school board knew about the incident (and lied about it) was revealed weeks later but it took more than a year before superintendent Scott Ziegler was fired.
While all of this has been happening, the board has continued to fight all efforts to release an internal investigation about the incident which was completed in January 2022. The board has claimed the report is not subject to FOIA because it is protected by attorney-client privilege. Today, a judge disagreed and gave the board one week to turn documents related to the investigation over to Virginia’s Attorney General Jason Miyares.

Educrats and bureaucrats generally don't hide things not a threat to their kingdoms.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

School official laments electric buses cost ‘5X more’ and are riddled with ‘performance issues’

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/school-electric-buses-cost-more-performance-issues

One Michigan school official admitted his district’s move to using electric buses was less than the government has touted it to be.

Emile Lauzzana, the environmental sustainability director of Michigan’s fourth-largest school district, recently told the Ann Arbor Public Schools Board of Education that the district’s electric bus fleet has had “a lot of downtime and performance issues.”
“We’ve been learning a lot about this technology,” Lauzzana also said. “Electric buses are approximately five times more expensive than regular buses, and the electrical infrastructure, which was originally estimated to be only about $50,000, give or take, for those four buses ended up being more like $200,000."

Lauzzana explained the district attempted to utilize "Vehicle to Grid" interconnection, which helps push energy back to the grid when buses are not being used, but that the “technology was not working.”

“I will say that I have a number of colleagues in different states who are facing similar challenges,” he added, noting the differences between electric cars versus buses. ...

OK, what educrat was so utterly ignorant as to not realize that all-electric busses would perform terribly in cold weather?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

Oakland residents are sick of rising crime in a 'failed progressive utopia' (Update)

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/05/31/oakland-residents-are-sick-of-rising-crime-in-a-failed-progressive-utopia-n554608

About 200 residents gathered in north Oakland last night to express their frustration with city officials about rising crime. Robberies are up 22% compared to last year and recently the area had 100 robberies reported in a single week, fifty of those happened in a single weekend. The crowd who gathered last night quickly got animated.

Within the first five minutes of a raucous community safety meeting Tuesday night in North Oakland, residents vented frustrations and fear over a recent crime spike — and their perception that city leaders are doing little to address it.

Over the two hours that followed, a crowd of roughly 200 gathered at Oakland Technical High School confronted a panel of city officials, the interaction ranging from volcanic heckling to
stunned silence. A woman stood and delivered a wrenching personal story about being beaten in front of her house. The owner of a pizzeria said his employees had been held up at gunpoint four times in six years. One person called the city a “failed progressive utopia.”
Update: Here’s one of the commenters last night. She starts by asking how many people in the crowd have been mugged and it’s about half.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Oakland residents are sick of rising crime in a 'failed progressive utopia' (Update)

Here's a free clue, Oakland: You get what you voted for.  :thatsright:

:bigbird:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

Here's a free clue, Oakland: You get what you voted for.  :thatsright:

:bigbird:

You know the voting records of the people complaining about the crime?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
You know the voting records of the people complaining about the crime?

Considering the leftist scum that have been in charge there for decades, and that if they're still there to complain about it after voting against it they obviously haven't followed the other California rats off the sinking ship, I can make an educated guess or two, sir. :therock:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

Loudoun County schools ordered to turn over investigation into handling of sexual assaults

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/05/30/loudoun-county-schools-ordered-to-turn-over-investigation-into-handling-of-sexual-assaults-n554496

Educrats and bureaucrats generally don't hide things not a threat to their kingdoms.

The school board should be prosecuted and sued in civil court as well
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Old n Grumpy

School official laments electric buses cost ‘5X more’ and are riddled with ‘performance issues’

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/school-electric-buses-cost-more-performance-issues

OK, what educrat was so utterly ignorant as to not realize that all-electric busses would perform terribly in cold weather?!

Emile Lauzzana, the environmental sustainability director That’s who :lmao: :lmao:

But they are yellow and kammie loves them :lmao:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline Old n Grumpy

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/05/31/oakland-residents-are-sick-of-rising-crime-in-a-failed-progressive-utopia-n554608
Update: Here’s one of the commenters last night. She starts by asking how many people in the crowd have been mugged and it’s about half.

I think that’s called crimeflation  :-)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Escaped double homicide convict drowned in Ohio River: coroner
https://www.foxnews.com/us/escaped-double-homicide-convict-drowned-ohio-river-coroner

A man who escaped from a northwest Ohio prison earlier this month died from drowning, according to autopsy results released Wednesday.

Bradley Gillespie, 50, was reported missing May 23 from the Allen Oakwood Correctional Institution in Lima along with another man who authorities said escaped alongside him. Authorities determined the two escaped by concealing themselves in a trash container.

The other man, James Lee, 47, was caught the next day in Henderson, Kentucky, after a police pursuit of a stolen car the men were in ended in a crash and a foot chase, but Gillespie avoided capture. His body was spotted Sunday in the Ohio River, not far from the area where he was last seen. Henderson is a city across the river from Indiana and about 350 miles southwest of Lima.

Convicted double murderer Bradley Gillespie escaped prison and drowned in the Ohio River. He got his death penalty.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Nun's body exhumed, found uncorrupted four years after death
https://justthenews.com/nation/culture/nuns-body-exhumed-found-uncorrupted-four-years-after-death

The body of a Missouri nun was found uncorrupted, four years after her death, when members of her order exhumed her coffin to relocate it below the altar of a church.

Sister Wilhelmina Lancaster died in May 2019 at the age of 95. She founded the Benedictine Sisters of Mary, Queen of the Apostles at the age of 70, according to the New York Post.

During the exhumation, one of the sisters noticed that Lancaster's foot remained intact after peering through a crack in the coffin. Cemetery personnel had previously warned them there would likely only be bones within the container.

Instead, they found her body undecayed and still clothed as it had been when first interred. The discovery has generated considerable interest within the Catholic community, drawing many visitors to the small town of Gower to view her uncorrupted remains, which are now on display.

Sister Wilhelmina Lancaster passed away in May 2019. Her body was exhumed and has not decayed.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

The one in Ann Arbor which is, of course, chock full of proglodytes.