Author Topic: Part 2: It's your mind they want to redistribute: outrage is its own reward  (Read 251 times)

Offline JustSomeModerate

• Probationary (Probie)
Can it be some things about crime in disadvantaged communities are deliberately mismanaged to stoke outrage?

Can it be a greater effort to forgive and pray for any outrage you actually feel coming from disadvantaged communities is the best thing you can do to save lives, because if it didn't work for them to form sinful communions to borrow the thinking of better-off folk, they might cooperate with the police more and crime would go down?

I find the practice of self-Tonglen is powerful at uncovering unhealthy rapports and clearing them up.  One's own anger tends to go way down when it becomes clear how easy it can be to cope.  If you have always been a good Christian then you probably don't need it, but there's a chance you have let the sun go down on your anger and then left it undone.  The technique makes no reference to a deity so Christians can use it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 11:01:01 AM by JustSomeModerate »

Offline Old n Grumpy

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!