Author Topic: I was shocked at this at UGA  (Read 564 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I was shocked at this at UGA
« on: May 17, 2023, 05:57:44 PM »
Casady1 (1,794 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217923200

I was shocked at this at UGA
My kid's went there and last week we were discussing their time at UGA(fairly recent) and they said that the "N" word is used all the time on campus. I was really surprised at this behavior. I had high hopes for the "new" southerners. I guess it is still the same. I wished I could have convinced my family to move to Colorado. I'm still stuck in this s-hole.

Is casady assuming that the entire student body is white?

The enrolled student population at University of Georgia is 66.7% White, 9.48% Asian, 8.22% Black or African American, 5.72% Hispanic or Latino, 4.06% Two or More Races, 0.115% American Indian or Alaska Native, and 0.0715% Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islanders.

UGA total enrollment is approximately 39,147 students. 27,888 are undergraduates and 7,063 are graduate students.

Star Member RegulatedCapitalistD (350 posts)

1. I am White Woman From Rural Red MAGA country

I keep trying to tell people this entire thing is the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth over losing the White Majority. They are only going to get worse...

Southerners are not getting better...

Star Member marble falls (48,858 posts)

3. Didn't hear it for years until Barack Obama got elected, and it really blew us with TFG.

:bs:

Star Member Ferrets are Cool (19,647 posts)

11. By white students or AA students. It matters.

:???:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: I was shocked at this at UGA
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 06:32:10 PM »
Athens is full of Democrats and leftists, so there could be something to the use of this “N” word. If anyone is saying it, it’s them.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 06:52:28 PM »
Is there a reason the OPer did not identify the skin color of the N-word users? E.G., might a large/majority/vast percentage of the N-word users be … black? After all, the N-word is a staple in rap, most of whose practitioners are black.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 07:54:02 PM »
NotVeryImportant (272 posts)

10. Is it the "ER" vs "A" debate OP?

Is it them trying to be down, or them downing Black people?

Know what I mean?

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Casady1 (Original post)Wed May 17, 2023, 05:03 PM
Star Member Ferrets are Cool (19,647 posts)

11. By white students or AA students. It matters.

And here we were told its Racist. Its amazing the "moral flexibility" that is available. I guess its just (d)ifferent.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 08:11:47 PM »
Athens is full of Democrats and leftists, so there could be something to the use of this “N” word. If anyone is saying it, it’s them.

"Democrats and leftists"

So correct, USA4Me .

In my part of the North GA mountains where we have lived going on for 14 plus years (part time here & part time in Florida) ...

None of our close friends and neighbors have ever used the "N" word (to our knowledge at least)

For that matter, nor have our friends in Florida!

~ ABC
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 08:21:05 PM »

More likely:

• These snotty-nosed kids are recent parolees of the public screwel system where they have been indoctrinated to believe that "Racial Injustice" is a common problem (and if they have no experience with it personally, it's because it's been hidden from them, not that it doesn't exist in the quantities that they've been told by their indoctrinations).
  • This is the first time these snotty-nosed li'l shits are out from under the thumb of mommy and daddy, most of them. And what do kids do when they get dumped in the 'Freedom' deep end? They act out. Add to it the fact that most of these kids have probably never experienced a spanking in their lives, and most of them are going to do shit they consider "edgey" to stand out amongst their snotty-nosed peer group. "Edgey", in their undeveloped li'l minds, usually means "shit their parents and/or teachers would 'punish' them for if they ever caught them at it". Stupid shit like this.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 08:55:32 PM »
3. Didn't hear it for years until Barack Obama got elected, and it really blew us with TFG.

Come again? You never heard it until Obama? And yet, I often hear from the left that the United States' entire history is fraught with racism.

So it started under Obama, worsened under Trump, and now hate crimes allegedly are increasing under Biden as well. Apparently, no matter who is president, hate just keeps worsening.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 09:28:14 PM »
DU-grade Progs’ myth is that The South has not changed from the KKK & Lynching ‘20s and ‘30s (or whenever that ugliness was happening). That myth is Progma. If reality contradicts, then fiction will fill in those gaps. So either the OP is fiction, or the OPer withheld information “inconvenient” to the Progma.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2023, 03:22:05 PM »
DU-grade Progs’ myth is that The South has not changed from the KKK & Lynching ‘20s and ‘30s (or whenever that ugliness was happening). That myth is Progma. If reality contradicts, then fiction will fill in those gaps. So either the OP is fiction, or the OPer withheld information “inconvenient” to the Progma.

One thing changed, the two parties switched roles. This is known and leftists belieeeeeeevvvvvve it no matter what the facts are.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2023, 04:37:38 PM »
One thing changed, the two parties switched roles. This is known and leftists belieeeeeeevvvvvve it no matter what the facts are.

Facts are irrelevant when they don’t fit your narrative  :thatsright: :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2023, 12:27:40 PM »
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s a word. If anyone can say it then I can say it and I’m as white as the driven snow. We either have free speech or we don’t.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2023, 01:05:18 PM »
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s a word. If anyone can say it then I can say it and I’m as white as the driven snow.
KC

We either have free speech or we don’t.

We don't!  Sadly enough!   :argh:

Problem is that most of the first amendment no longer means much these days to many on the left.
As for the congress, what a laugh! Too many are next to useless IMO at least!

First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

~ ABC
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 01:14:27 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)